The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calusa's Maigc Mojo 10/25/2002-10/052012

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Default Calusa's Maigc Mojo 10/25/2002-10/052012

We lost our Mojo early this morning. Mojo was from one ofour own litters and began life as my daughter’s dog. He never ran a hunt testin his life, but I did train him for ayear before my daughter left for college with him and any time he stayed withus he got worked. He loved birds and bumpers. He would have easily passed any junior testand probably even an easy senior. Mojo was never destine for the hunting worldor hunt test, we was a family dog and after all that is the kind of dog we alllove regardless of hunting abilities. A dog with a great personality, full of loveand energy is what makes us love dogs. The kind of dog everyone wants is a dogthat lives for you and does everything to please you. It doesn’t matter ifpleasing you is weaving through poles, picking up birds, or just hanging withyou on the boat while you fish.
    While Mojo started with my daughter he came back to Tracyand I for a few years when college life got too demanding for Taby to keep him.He was the brother of my Tank and probably my wife’s favorite dog. He was bigand goofy and you could not help but smile when he was around. I remember mysister thought he was a “mean” dog and I have no idea where she ever got thatimpression. One day she was at my house with her granddaughter who was 5 or soat the time. Suddenly we realized that she was not around and we went lookingfor her. We found her inside of Mojo’s crate playing “doggie” and having ablast with mean old Mojo. It was hard to tell who was having a better time,Mojo or Ashley. That quickly put an end to my sisters notion of Mojo being meaneven to the point of her actually wanting Mojo for her own if Taby could nottake him back at some point.
    Several years ago, after my daughter had gotten Mojo backfrom us she moved in with my nephew Bryan. Bryan and Mojo have much in common andthey hit it off spectacularly. Mojo ended my adopting Bryan and really becamehis dog. Byran made Mojo as happy as a dog could be for the last could ofyears. I know Bryan is crushed.
    There is a hole in my heart today. I know it will pass butthis is the worst part of dogs. They always go too soon. Mojo was chasingbumpers yesterday and is gone this morning. Hug your dogs and love them everyday because there is no promise of tomorrow.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Soory for your loss. It is never easy.

my condolences to your entire family on the loss of this wonderful dog. he's certainly made a lot of people in your family quite happy. he did his job well. and he left the earth knowing how loved he was. a lucky lucky dog.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Corey, So sorry to hear this. He was a wonderful dog. Cherish the memories.
    Tom Dorroh

I'm sorry Corey. They take a piece of us when they go, Godspeed Mojo.

sorry for your loss
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"

So sorry for your loss.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

So for your families loss. It is never easy but remember all of the good times.

Cory

Thats a damn shame. The Ones who who become family are very special dogs. They learn our routines, develop those fun personalities, and make our lives whole.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Heal well brother.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Cory, those "house dogs" seem to get closer to us over time. You have my sympathy with your loss, but think of all the good memories you have because of "this dog". So sorry for your loss, Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'