RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Calusa's Maigc Mojo 10/25/2002-10/052012

5K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  Jim Harvey 
#1 ·
We lost our Mojo early this morning. Mojo was from one ofour own litters and began life as my daughter’s dog. He never ran a hunt testin his life, but I did train him for ayear before my daughter left for college with him and any time he stayed withus he got worked. He loved birds and bumpers. He would have easily passed any junior testand probably even an easy senior. Mojo was never destine for the hunting worldor hunt test, we was a family dog and after all that is the kind of dog we alllove regardless of hunting abilities. A dog with a great personality, full of loveand energy is what makes us love dogs. The kind of dog everyone wants is a dogthat lives for you and does everything to please you. It doesn’t matter ifpleasing you is weaving through poles, picking up birds, or just hanging withyou on the boat while you fish.
While Mojo started with my daughter he came back to Tracyand I for a few years when college life got too demanding for Taby to keep him.He was the brother of my Tank and probably my wife’s favorite dog. He was bigand goofy and you could not help but smile when he was around. I remember mysister thought he was a “mean” dog and I have no idea where she ever got thatimpression. One day she was at my house with her granddaughter who was 5 or soat the time. Suddenly we realized that she was not around and we went lookingfor her. We found her inside of Mojo’s crate playing “doggie” and having ablast with mean old Mojo. It was hard to tell who was having a better time,Mojo or Ashley. That quickly put an end to my sisters notion of Mojo being meaneven to the point of her actually wanting Mojo for her own if Taby could nottake him back at some point.
Several years ago, after my daughter had gotten Mojo backfrom us she moved in with my nephew Bryan. Bryan and Mojo have much in common andthey hit it off spectacularly. Mojo ended my adopting Bryan and really becamehis dog. Byran made Mojo as happy as a dog could be for the last could ofyears. I know Bryan is crushed.
There is a hole in my heart today. I know it will pass butthis is the worst part of dogs. They always go too soon. Mojo was chasingbumpers yesterday and is gone this morning. Hug your dogs and love them everyday because there is no promise of tomorrow.

See less See more
#3 ·
my condolences to your entire family on the loss of this wonderful dog. he's certainly made a lot of people in your family quite happy. he did his job well. and he left the earth knowing how loved he was. a lucky lucky dog.

#7 ·
So sorry for your loss.

#9 ·
Cory

Thats a damn shame. The Ones who who become family are very special dogs. They learn our routines, develop those fun personalities, and make our lives whole.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Heal well brother.

Gooser

#10 ·
Cory, those "house dogs" seem to get closer to us over time. You have my sympathy with your loss, but think of all the good memories you have because of "this dog". So sorry for your loss, Bill

#16 ·
I'm sorry for you and your family Corey.

#20 ·
In the end, nothing matters except how they touched our hearts!
So true, condolenses to you and your familiy

#24 ·
Cory - this post just breaks my heart. Prayers for you and the family.

#25 ·
Corey,

Your family has my sincere sympathy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.