The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.8% Unemployment

Right now its a Ca problem dont know for how long
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Here is a concise explanation of my earlier post. It could mean that if the October employment numbers come out before the election, it will not look very good.
    Based upon its most recent Household Survey, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported that the unemployment rate in the United States decreased from 8.1% to 7.8% in September. This apparent improvement in our labor markets is deceptive for the following reasons:
    1.Two-thirds of the new jobs claimed by the Report (582,000 jobs) are part time jobs.

2.Of the claimed 582,000 new part time jobs, only 268,000 are real. The remaining 314,000 part time jobs are the result of a "seasonal adjustment" by the BLS.

3.The BLS reported dramatic increases in seasonally adjusted part time employment in September of 2011 (483,000 jobs) and September of 2010 (579,000 jobs) only to report significant decreases in such jobs in each of the following Octobers (419,000 jobs in 2010 and 480,000 jobs in 2011) with continuing decreases in November and December. It is therefore reasonable to expect that the increase in part time jobs this year and the resulting improvement in the unemployment rate is also temporary.

4.The U-6 unemployment rate, which is the broadest measure of unemployment, in that it includes among the unemployed those persons who are working part time but would rather be working full time, was unchanged in September at 14.7%.

In conclusion, in the third year of an alleged recovery, the unemployment problem in the United States did not really change in September. This is not good news for the United States or the continued employment prospects of President Obama .

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz28X9wMh8u
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Ha HA Ha!!! I can make any numbers look good by playing with the data. It doesn't take that much, and if you really are a big banker you darn well know how to do it too and be within the law (not going to jail).
    Nobody can play with this data....it has a defined measurement....and Jack Welch of all people knows that it is not possible to manipulate the data. He is one of those kings that wants to make sure Romney get elected so his tax bill will be smaller

They already said Oh we forgot to add jobs the last 2 months so when we added those with the new one for Sept this is how we lowered it. SURE Like I said big deal we are right back where we started when he took office. It has taken 4 yrs of high unemployment to be right back where we were. The truth in these numbers will come out AFTER the election UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIMS ARE UP and yet its lowered Obama sure thinks we are stupid no one I knows believes any of it.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    They already said Oh we forgot to add jobs the last 2 months so when we added those with the new one for Sept this is how we lowered it. SURE Like I said big deal we are right back where we started when he took office. It has taken 4 yrs of high unemployment to be right back where we were. The truth in these numbers will come out AFTER the election UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIMS ARE UP and yet its lowered Obama sure thinks we are stupid no one I knows believes any of it.
    You are if you are so blinded by an idealogy that everyone lies to you.

Menmom you sure do paint a pretty picture, but under it is the a very ugly picture called reality. Part time jobs do not pay the bills or add to the money collected in taxes.

Terri

Not everyone lies just your pres and his administration the debate should have at least opened your eyes. The labor dept tried to explain the drop by lying unemployment claims are up. No one believes the unemployment rate has dropped its just another Obama coverup. It's all he can do
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-06-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I haven't seen that yet anywhere. If true, that would mean that all the "summer jobs" from July and August were dumped into Sept. figures ... and those jobs are now gone. Also a lot of part-time jobs for the summer season, which would explain the large # of part-time jobs.

Based on what happened the previous two Septembers, one wonders if they have done that before?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

If an unemployed American stops searching for work, they are no longer counted as officially unemployed. Indeed, the pool of workers who have given up the hunt has reached a stunning new low for this recession: nearly 5 million have dropped out of the labor force completely.

FACT:
    According to the Labor Department, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent in January 2009 when George W. Bush left office. It didn't get to ten percent until October of that year:
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I assure you they cannot manipulate these stats. But your response is that of it is more important for Romney to win than Americans to work.

See it is not about supporting the president so that he can help the people...it is about electing a republican....so don't pretend that republicans would work with him. More LIES LIES LIES LIES....and people are sick of........LIES LIES LIES>>>>>you will see 11/6.....so don't worry Rush is not going off the air for at least another 4 years
    Yaeh I'm sick of BUMMA"S LIES for the last 4 years!!! I hope he burns in hell!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI