The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunners Up Servos

Default Gunners Up Servos

First, please don't think this is a bash the company thread, it's not. Have 3 GU wingers about 6 to 7 months old. 6 servos have been replaced with #7 going out Wed and #8 going this morning. The first went out within the first hour it was in use. These wingers are used 6 days a week but are never left out in the elements. Is anyone else having a problem or is it just these? What can be done other than calling the company?
    "Solid beginnings for a promising future"

Must be something with the new ones. Mine are much older and I've only replaced maybe 2 of them with my oldest winger being about 8 years old. Sounds like a bad batch at the factory.

I 2nd the bad batch theory. My GU's are 6 years old and I have yet to replace my first servo. One did die last week but I have yet to replace it.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

I'd have to agree, not typical. My GU's are 2 Y/O and I have never had a servo fail.

my servos have held up very well on my 3 wingers
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

Guys I know with older wingers are having no problems. Older wingers working for years without a problem. This sucks trying to train with wingers that just don't hold up. Anyone with newer wingers having problems??
    "Solid beginnings for a promising future"

I have had great luck with both of my GU wingers myself.... But I have to ask the question, Do you have to use GU servos or is there a universal solution? I like to fix things myself but I have never looked at them in 6 years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Sullivan View Post
    Guys I know with older wingers are having no problems. Older wingers working for years without a problem. This sucks trying to train with wingers that just don't hold up. Anyone with newer wingers having problems??
    Eddie, what does GU say about it?
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

They are just a regular RC car servo.
    Gavin B.

Call gunners up they will stand behind them and make them right....customer service is great!!!!!!!!

Pat