The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: 9/11 attack on the Benghazi consulate - the investigation

Default 9/11 attack on the Benghazi consulate - the investigation

Thurs. morning, Oct. 4 -- more than 3 weeks after the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was attacked and 4 Americans were killed, including the U.S. Ambassador -- a team of FBI investigators arrived at the consulate to search through the wreckage. The grounds and the building had been unguarded since 9/11. Anyone and everyone had unlimited access.

The FBI team was there several hours then climbed back into their SUV's and left. They interviewed no one.

As of Oct. 5, according to Libyan officials, the FBI had not questioned anyone, including witnesses, and there was no indication that they would be returning.

On October 4 while the FBI made its trek and brief visit to the ruins of the consulate, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed a 5-member review board to investigate if the security at the consulate was adequate and whether proper procedures were followed before, during, and immediately after the attack.

After making her appointments to the review board, Secretary Clinton stressed that it will take time for the board to complete their inquiry.

Obviously. There will be no report before the November election.

On October 4 while the FBI made its trek and brief visit to the ruins of the consulate, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appointed a 5-member review board to investigate if the security at the consulate was adequate and whether proper procedures were followed before, during, and immediately after the attack.
    Talk about closing the barn door after the cow had gotten out!

I doubt there was anything left at the site that could help the FBI determine anything by the time they got there.

Just an extension of the same incompetence that led to the death of the four Americans?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I also doubt that the FBI found anything. For 3 weeks looters, reporters, and scores of people have had unlimited access. Whatever documents that were there are long gone. It has been said that lists of names and addresses of Libyan contacts (friendlies) were among missing documents. No telling what other documents walked. Have not read anywhere that the Ambassador had time to destroy documents while he was under attack.

The FBI was there 3 hrs. then left. I am puzzled as to why they did not interview one single witness nor did they make arrangements to interview anyone in the future. They came, they poked around, they left.

I was also puzzled about why they didn't interview any witnesses, or plan to do so.

In fairness, I doubt that there was anything anyone could do to "secure" the crime scene. Certainly not the US, and not much motivation for the Libyans to do so.

I'd imagine if they lost valuable documents, nobody would be wanting to talk about it. Probably better not to. The two SEALs present, I had read, were there for just that purpose, security of documents. As a result of the attack, it's uncertain whether they were able to do that job, since they had to step up to attempt to protect the ambassador.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.