The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dog Food Question

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    Canidae too?
    Yes Canidae too. I switched to Purina Pro Plan.

4 Health from tractor supply is also a diamond brand

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    It is Ed. Canadae is another.

Happy, Nothing wrong with following a business model and remaining consistent. Diamond has done this. Unfortunately for the 100's of dead dogs killed by Diamond Dog food, that model has been lax quality assurance and total disregard for the customer and their pet's health.
    There isn't a dog food manufacturer who hasn't had their food recalled. Let me know when you find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Just remember sites like that one are paid for by the owner which are typically brands like Blue Buffalo and some other boutique foods. They'll be biased. Still can be helpful.
    I don't know about "sites like that one" but dog food advisor is not paid for by any of the brands. It is the personal blog by the owner who does not receive any fees or even samples from the pet food brands. He does receive click through revenues from the 'where to buy' on the site from stores that carry multiple brands (including non-boutique brands). It may not be perfect but it is a far cry from Dodge giving advice on Fords.

There isn't a dog food manufacturer who hasn't had their food recalled. Let me know when you find one.
    If you want to poison your dog and encourage others to poison theirs, nothing I can say will stop you from doing so.

But I'll ask you...

Name another Dog Food company that knowingly accepted toxic corn, destroyed 50% of their confirmation samples before FDA investigators arrived, did not meet over 1/2 if their own "guaranteed analysis", killed 100s of dogs, and denied the claims of owners with dead dogs because the had returned the toxic dog food under the recall and had no "proof" that the dog food was contaminated.

When you name one that has shown such disdain for owners and their pets, ill name one that hasn't had a recall.

Fromm from what I am told has never had a recall
    They are a family run business not a large corp. as others
    costly but worth it

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    If you want to poison your dog and encourage others to poison theirs, nothing I can say will stop you from doing so.

But I'll ask you...

Name another Dog Food company that knowingly accepted toxic corn, destroyed 50% of their confirmation samples before FDA investigators arrived, did not meet over 1/2 if their own "guaranteed analysis", killed 100s of dogs, and denied the claims of owners with dead dogs because the had returned the toxic dog food under the recall and had no "proof" that the dog food was contaminated.

When you name one that has shown such disdain for owners and their pets, ill name one that hasn't had a recall.

Slightly off topic. Do you all remember the FDA finally admit that the chicken feed they were deeming safe contained arsenic? The private sector had informed the FDA of this for years, the FDA would reply with "no, no, it's fine." Recently it was uncovered that the feed did indeed contain arsenic. The FDA knew and had reports going back 10 years that informed them of the risk of arsenic in the chicken feed. Point is who can you trust? Remember we were then eating these chickens, yum a little arsenic to spice things up! Look at what the FDA allows in OUR food, it's very difficult to find food that does not contain a KNOWN poison. You have to do your own investigation. I don't know the in and outs of diamonds recall and who they paid and didn't and how they responded to the issue but to trust their governing body the FDA is almost like chasing your tail. Their is good and bad and unfortunately it's our job to find the good in the bad. Dog food is no different than human food, you can feed Pepsi a McDonald's type diet, or feed Pepsi a quality nutritious diet. I have yet to find a commercial dog food that is what I would deem a "quality diet." The RTF is a great resource for stuff like this that can effect us all!

Look at diamond dog food again they no longer have corn soy or wheat and they use purified water to steam the food during the cooking process not saying that it makes up for what they did in the past at all but they have removed a bunch of the ngredients that they were having issues with in their dog foods and it seems like they are at least trying to become a better dog food company of you ask me
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

WoJo,

I believe now that Canidae Diamond is no longer manufacturing their food.
    Training Isn't Expensive..... IT'S PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    Look at diamond dog food again they no longer have corn soy or wheat and they use purified water to steam the food during the cooking process not saying that it makes up for what they did in the past at all but they have removed a bunch of the ngredients that they were having issues with in their dog foods and it seems like they are at least trying to become a better dog food company of you ask me
    The problem wasn't the ingredients, but rather the Company's total disregard for quality. Also, they have had multiple recalls after the killing they did about 6 years ago.

Edit: here's the deal with Diamond. If I walk through a door and get kicked in the nads, I'm going through a different door next time. I may get kicked again, but it won't be from that same low life POS that did it before. It really is that simple.
    Last edited by captainjack; 10-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.