The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dog Food Question

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I personally have been feeding Nature's Domain since it became available. Dogs never died and the food I fed has never been on the recall list. What do you feed?
    Then why would you not just tell the OP what you know about which foods are manufactured by Diamond or maybe mention the dog food that you do use like most of the posts to this thread have done. Rather, you advocate for a dog food manufacturer that has killed hundreds of dogs and has a terrible record of quality and safety issues, and then you say you don't even use the product.

What the heck is the matter with you? Do you have a screw loose some where?

If you like Diamond so much, why don't you eat some yourself? But don't feed it to your dog. You are a grown man and can decide on your own what to eat. Your dog cannot and is at your mercy. And for that I am sorry for your dog.
    Glen Guider, GA
    HRCH UH Candlewoods Captain Jack Sparrow MH QAA
    HR Candlewoods Small Town Southern Man "AJ" MH QA2
    HRCH UH Gandy's Ready for a Hurricane "Maggie" MH QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2
    SML's Burn Notice "Fiona"
    Red Squad's Randall Rains "Memphis"

Diamond is a piss poor excuse of a quality company. Don't know any other way to put it I've fed it and it was junk IMO. If it had killed one of my dogs I would sing to the high heavens about it myself. Anyone that defends them should be forced to feed it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    Then why would you not just tell the OP what you know about which foods are manufactured by Diamond or maybe mention the dog food that you do use like most of the posts to this thread have done. Rather, you advocate for a dog food manufacturer that has killed hundreds of dogs and has a terrible record of quality and safety issues, and then you say you don't even use the product.

What the heck is the matter with you? Do you have a screw loose some where?

If you like Diamond so much, why don't you eat some yourself? But don't feed it to your dog. You are a grown man and can decide on your own what to eat. Your dog cannot and is at your mercy. And for that I am sorry for your dog.
    Do YOU eat BEEF? Chicken? PORK? Lettuce? They have all been recalled at some point but I bet you still eat that stuff and they have killed THOUSANDS of PEOPLE.

HUNDREDS of dogs, is actually a very small number of dogs that are eating "kibble".......while I understand you are very sensitive about it (apparently you lost a dob??) it would appear logic has exited the building.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    Diamond is a piss poor excuse of a quality company. Don't know any other way to put it I've fed it and it was junk IMO. If it had killed one of my dogs I would sing to the high heavens about it myself. Anyone that defends them should be forced to feed it.
    claimsadj I could not disagree more...

They should be forced to eat it. Their poor dogs can't help who their owners are.
    Glen Guider, GA

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    claimsadj I could not disagree more...

They should be forced to eat it. Their poor dogs can't help who their owners are.
    You probably drive your family around in a Toyota too...LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Do YOU eat BEEF? Chicken? PORK? Lettuce? They have all been recalled at some point but I bet you still eat that stuff and they have killed THOUSANDS of PEOPLE.

HUNDREDS of dogs, is actually a very small number of dogs that are eating "kibble".......while I understand you are very sensitive about it (apparently you lost a dob??) it would appear logic has exited the building.

WRL
    You need to either take or repeat a course in logic.

If your small child died after you fed them chicken produced by x-farm chicken, then over the next several years x-farm chicken was cited over and over for having contaminates in the chicken they produce, would you feed your next child chicken produced at x-farm?

You may feed them chicken, but if you'd feed them x-farm chicken, then you are an idiot. It really is that simple.
    Glen Guider, GA

Is there too much mercury in the water in the Pacific NW? You guys are nuts.
    Glen Guider, GA

You don't believe that the corporation would make a "fall guy" and change their process? I think a lot of the information floating around was media hype and hype from anti's like PETA who just wanted to really point the finger and say, "told you all you animal owners are cruel for feeding animal based foods, see what you get?".

Every single brand which makes more than two semi loads a year has had recalls. Not to mention, repeated recalls. Name one that hasn't.

I feed TOTW and have never had any problems at all. The dogs look and act great. I am also very aware of the recalls, check routinely to see which company has the current recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    You don't believe that the corporation would make a "fall guy" and change their process? I think a lot of the information floating around was media hype and hype from anti's like PETA who just wanted to really point the finger and say, "told you all you animal owners are cruel for feeding animal based foods, see what you get?".

Every single brand which makes more than two semi loads a year has had recalls. Not to mention, repeated recalls. Name one that hasn't.
    Now you are repeating yourself. And you clearly don't have any idea what you are talking about.
    Schell and Kampeter, Inc. is Diamond Pet Foods, Inc. Are they going to make themselves the scapegoat?
    Change their process? They continue to produce toxic products year after year.
    Misinformation from the antis like PETA? The FDA ain't PETA. If you want to know what the FDA investigation said about Diamond, read the report. http://www.filadog.com/html%20docs/A...ive/g5811d.htm
    Name one that hasn't? I'll ask you as I did when you first posed the question... Name one that has as bad a record of safety as Diamond, and I'll name one that has not had a recall (which someone else has already done).

As with many things in life, some will have their opinion and not change it regardless of the facts. If someone told these kind of folks that water is wet, they'd likely argue that it wasn't and then ask for a towell to dry off.

Again, eat up Happy.
    Glen Guider, GA