The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dog Food Question

Paul, I don't know what yur smoking up there, but I need about $3.00 worth.
    It has obviously done something big time to yur noggin????

Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post
    Paul, I don't know what yur smoking up there, but I need about $3.00 worth.
    It has obviously done something big time to yur noggin????
    Are you saying that Nestle Purina did not have any recalls because they used the same Gluten from China that Diamond used? Neither company continued using Gluten from China after the issue was discovered. More food goes through Costco in a day than all the other botique brands sell in a year. Strickly based upon the tonage of food they sell, if quality were an issue, it would pop up fast due to the food being consumed by hundreds of thousands of dogs. (if not more)

Did Diamond and Nestle Purina do something criminal and bad? Yes, they both did. Do I think the companies continue adding Gluten with Melamine to food? No, I don't think there is any way they continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Are you saying that Nestle Purina did not have any recalls because they used the same Gluten from China that Diamond used? Neither company continued using Gluten from China after the issue was discovered. More food goes through Costco in a day than all the other botique brands sell in a year. Strickly based upon the tonage of food they sell, if quality were an issue, it would pop up fast due to the food being consumed by hundreds of thousands of dogs. (if not more)

Did Diamond and Nestle Purina do something criminal and bad? Yes, they both did. Do I think the companies continue adding Gluten with Melamine to food? No, I don't think there is any way they continued.
    Hey Jackwagon, Diamond's kill of 100s of dogs had nothing at all to do with Gluten or Melamine. Do some research and you won't look like such an idiot with your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    Hey Jackwagon, Diamond's kill of 100s of dogs had nothing at all to do with Gluten or Melamine. Do some research and you won't look like such an idiot with your posts.
    You're just trying to steer a conversation the direction you want it to go and protect your own stance on feeding your Purina which has had China ingredient supply based issues. I didn't go that way and again, you're a broken record. It's pretty nice that your so good a having a conversation and have fun looking like an idiot calling people names, suggesting they eat dog food to kill themselves etc. Just to cut down on your sensationalism, the aflatoxin killed 76 dogs and was confined to the Gaston facility according the to FDA.

Then, out of all that...someone calls me "snarky"?

I thought you put my on your ignore list anyways?
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 10-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    You need to either take or repeat a course in logic.

If your small child died after you fed them chicken produced by x-farm chicken, then over the next several years x-farm chicken was cited over and over for having contaminates in the chicken they produce, would you feed your next child chicken produced at x-farm?

You may feed them chicken, but if you'd feed them x-farm chicken, then you are an idiot. It really is that simple.
    I don't eat chicken from x-dressing farms. At least I am pretty sure I don't....ha ha!

Still lack logic in your argument. Not ALL facilities had recalls.

Glen, you are a crusader. One out of a thousand "crusaders" are Saints. The rest are regular ole' whackjobs.

WRL

Yes, Froom has never. ever had recalls

Quote Originally Posted by BPVigs View Post
    I think someone already said Fromms hasn't.
    Froom's-no recalls

Although Fromm's has an excellent record, the only one anyone can think of with NO recalls, that is not the only way to choose. I think what Happy was getting at, is that at some time or another all of the manufacturers have had recalls or will have one in the future. What matters is HOW THEY ADDRESS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT STEPS THEY TAKE TO PREVENT IT HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!! That's where Diamond falls off the bus. They had REPEATED issues and showed very little innovation to improve the QC. TOTW that was made in SC was recalled. That factory had gone through this at least twice before. Wanna risk your dog to see if they got it fixed this time?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Although Fromm's has an excellent record, the only one anyone can think of with NO recalls, that is not the only way to choose. I think what Happy was getting at, is that at some time or another all of the manufacturers have had recalls or will have one in the future. What matters is HOW THEY ADDRESS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT STEPS THEY TAKE TO PREVENT IT HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!! That's where Diamond falls off the bus. They had REPEATED issues and showed very little innovation to improve the QC. TOTW that was made in SC was recalled. That factory had gone through this at least twice before. Wanna risk your dog to see if they got it fixed this time?
    All of the "actual" information is available on the FDA and CDC websites. They had a recall this year for Salmonella which sickened 14 people.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    2Tall this is exactly what those two from the PNW can't seam to comprehend. A child of three can understand it, but not these two.