The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Diamond Dog Food Question

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    "At least 49 people have fallen ill since October in a Salmonella Infantis outbreak linked to dog and cat food manufactured at a Diamond Pet Foods facility in Gaston, South Carolina, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in its final outbreak update. That case count has risen from 22 since the CDCís previous update on June 13."
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/0...count-hits-49/

    "A total of 49 individuals (47 individuals in 20 states and two individuals in Canada) infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Infantis were reported. "
    http://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/dog-food-05-12/index.html
    Last edited by captainjack; 10-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Just the FACTS...

    "In December 2005, the FDA sent Diamond a warning letter, noting that investigators found several violations during inspection. The inspectorís observations, namely that all reasonable precautions werenít being taken to prevent contamination, were similar to those made this year when the FDA inspected the plant in April and found food safety violations.

    Despite FDA warnings, a deadly outbreak and a recall of historic proportions, food safety at the Gaston plant didnít improve enough to prevent a recall in 2007, 2009, and 2010 or the 10 current recalls and and outbreak causing human illness, including an 8-week-old baby who was hospitalized for three days. There are some people who believe their pets have also been sickened."

    http://foodpoisoningbulletin.com/201...ry-of-trouble/


    Hey Jackwagon and the other peanut, tell me again about how Purina is as bad as Diamond.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    All of the "actual" information is available on the FDA and CDC websites. They had a recall this year for Salmonella which sickened 14 people.
    Are you ignorant of the facts?

    Are you unable to read and understand written English?

    Or are you just a liar?



    Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    "At least 49 people have fallen ill since October in a Salmonella Infantis outbreak linked to dog and cat food manufactured at a Diamond Pet Foods facility in Gaston, South Carolina, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in its final outbreak update. That case count has risen from 22 since the CDCís previous update on June 13."
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2012/0...count-hits-49/

    "A total of 49 individuals (47 individuals in 20 states and two individuals in Canada) infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Infantis were reported. "
    http://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/dog-food-05-12/index.html

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    Are you ignorant of the facts?

    Are you unable to read and understand written English?

    Or are you just a liar?
    I read the field report on the CDC webpage. If you read the complete study there is some other information that is fun to paraphrase and partially quote. This is from the link you provided.

    "Of 17 ill persons who could recall the type of dog food with which they had contact, 11 (65%) identified dry dog food produced by Diamond Pet Foods that may have been produced at a single facility in South Carolina."

    "Children can be exposed to the bacteria by simply holding, cuddling, or kissing the birds. Children should not handle baby chicks or other young birds. Everyone should immediately wash their hands after touching birds, including baby chicks and ducklings, or their environment."

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I read the field report on the CDC webpage. If you read the complete study there is some other information that is fun to paraphrase and partially quote. This is from the link you provided.

    "Of 17 ill persons who could recall the type of dog food with which they had contact, 11 (65%) identified dry dog food produced by Diamond Pet Foods that may have been produced at a single facility in South Carolina."

    "Children can be exposed to the bacteria by simply holding, cuddling, or kissing the birds. Children should not handle baby chicks or other young birds. Everyone should immediately wash their hands after touching birds, including baby chicks and ducklings, or their environment."
    Thanks for clearing it up Jackwagon. You're a liar.

    "Epidemiologic and laboratory investigations conducted by officials in local, state, and federal public health, agriculture, and regulatory agencies linked this outbreak to dry dog food produced by Diamond Pet Foods at a single production facility in Gaston, South Carolina."

    Hey Jackwagon, water is wet. Run with that one for a while.

  6. #66
    Senior Member J. Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Pretty much, if you see on the label an address with Meta, MO, it's made by Diamond.
    "When a good trainer stops learning about dogs, he stops being a good trainer." the late Gene Hill

    "If you want to find out what kind of trainer you are, leave your transmitter in the truck." the late Rex Carr

    http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood..../dog_formulas/

  7. #67
    Senior Member truthseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Acampo, Ca.
    Posts
    576

    Default

    I have not gone back and reread the recall, but from what I remember it was mainly a East coast problem. No dogs on the West coast where involved in the out break. Cost Co put puts out a good product ( except for the beets " Icky" )

  8. #68
    Senior Member windycanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,763

    Default

    Canidae has been contracted w/ Diamond for several years but just opened a state of the art processing plant in TX. I'm really hoping they will be able to process all of thier own now. I fortunately was not involved w/ any of the recalls here in WA.

  9. #69
    Administrator Chris Atkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mount Zion, IL
    Posts
    6,861

    Default

    I really hate doing janitor work on a Saturday.

    I really do.

    *locked*

    Private messages getting sent.

    Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •