The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entry Fee GDG

Default Entry Fee GDG

Looking at results today on EE, accidentally clicked on wrong trial. Man am I glad I don't run cocker spaniel or springer spaniels!!! It was $105.00 to enter their trial!!!!! Guess we shouldn't complain about $80!!

Glass Half Full Regards,

Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

The clubs I belong to are trying to hold entry fees at $80. They are cutting back wherever they can. I am working on a trial profit and loss statement right now hoping the club made a profit to go towards paying for the $800 annual insurance premium and other club expenses like equipment and supplies that are not related directly to the trial. Need a few more expenses to come in for the trial before I know how we did.

Folks who do not belong to clubs are probably not aware of how much $$ it takes to put on a trial or a hunt test nor what other club expenses are. Radios get lost so new ones have to be bought. One club just had to buy another bird rack ($140.) Insurance, equipment, marshal box supplies, postage -- it adds up.

About cutting expenses ... to save money this year the club decided not to have EE send out the yellow post cards. They cost 85-cents each. The entries did not go down; they actually went up. The post card savings might be the difference between loss or profit. I will know soon.

Recently judges have been very considerate, too. Nobody sent in whopping expenses for meals. We have been burned in the past by a few judges eating out at expensive restaurants. I am glad to see this is changing. I think the judges realize the clubs have been facing increased expenses. Frugal judges are greatly appreciated!

Helen

Senior Member Sharon van der Lee's Avatar

Being involved in showing reined cow horses, the dog game is cheap. Entry fee usually $125 for four minutes of fame in the arena. Yes, you can win money but not usually enough to offset entry fees. Entry fees for the really big money shows are crazy. Plus, factor in the cost of the horse, tack, other gear, training, transportation, etc.

We play these games because we love them, thank goodness.

Hey Fellows, It is ALL cheaper than chasing women! Don't ask me how I know. Bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Watson View Post
    Hey Fellows, It is ALL cheaper than chasing women! Don't ask me how I know. Bill
    I love it...

Spaniel trials have a limited entry so I imagine the large entry fee is to offset the trial cost.

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Watson View Post
    The chasin' doesn't cost that much, Bill. It's when you catch one it starts to get expensive.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Well, there are still $70/75 dollar AA entry fees to be had....$65 in the minor stakes, so it still can be done

I personally like the idea of a $90 dollar Open with the rest of the stakes costing $65.

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 10-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Helen. Ur club needs to check out Kennel Pro Ins. Huge savings! Have switched 3 clubs to them in the last 2 years. They have an Ad in FTN
    Barb

I talked to the manager of theNIP Kennel Pro program last week. She said they do not accept any risks where firearms are involved. I guess it is "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"