The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bird Going After Romney!

Default Big Bird Going After Romney!

Romney may have spanked Obama in last night's debate but, threatening Big Bird maybe more fowl than he can handle. Millions have grown up with the goofy bird and Big Bird and Earnie may have more appeal than Obama and Biden or Rmoney and Ryan.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/pbs-mitt-romney-debate_n_1939546.html?
    utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Last edited by Franco; 10-05-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

big bird aint gonna die.
    he will just be put in privace corp hands and procesed into a more profitable form
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    big bird aint gonna die.
    he will just be put in privace corp hands and procesed into a more profitable form

I was think more on the lines of a Big Bird gumbo.

Looks like the Jim Henson estate has given permission for the Dems to use the characters.

Maybe sauteed frog legs too?

Last edited by Franco; 10-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I was think more on the lines of a Big Bird gumbo.

Looks like the Jim Henson estate has given permission for the Dems to use the characters.

Maybe sauteed frog legs too?

And some
    PBS is one of the "secular progressives" sacred cows.
    They love them some PBS.

As a result.....they demand YOU pay for it!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I like PBS, I think they have some good programming. Very educational, probably better than some teachers I had. I still do not want to pay for it with tax dollars.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I believe the annual budget for PBS is $440 million. I am all for them getting off the government teet and let them sell advertising to support their programming like the rest of us broadcasting hacks.

Howvere, I do think Romney has given the left some ammo by going after them in the debate. He could have used a much better example like HUD since the HUD benefactors won't be voting for him anyway.

Pork short ribs anybody?
    Last edited by Franco; 10-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.

What PBS time is not devoted to ads IS devoted to local fund-raising. That "ad space" is sometimes very extensive during their periodic fund-raising drives.

How much of the PBS budget is tax dolllars? They DO get some from public donations.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

WE dont need to borrow money from China & pay for it with tax dollars better big bird goes than the rest of us. Now would be a good time its almost Thanksgiving.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    What PBS time is not devoted to ads IS devoted to local fund-raising. That "ad space" is sometimes very extensive during their periodic fund-raising drives.

How much of the PBS budget is tax dolllars? .0124% They DO get some from public donations.
    I heard this on the radio this morning.
    The issue is, they really do NOT need that money.
    Other areas do.
    Stan b & Elvis

Neil deGrasse Tyson does not approve this message.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade