The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Potus vs. Main Page

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,360

    Question Potus vs. Main Page

    Interesting happenings over on the main page of the ol RTF.
    HPL noted that as a POTUS player, the exchange in the first of the two locked threads was kinda tame compaired to us over here. After reading the first of the two, I agree. Heck we do more worser to Menmon on a daily bases, twice on Sundays. And he still loves us every one! I am kinda puzzled. Even more as to the defenders of the self banned person captian jack vs. that "Happy" feller. Folk saying come down south or we have some southern hospitality for you or saying they would act the same if poked as capt was? I saw no poke. None! I did see name calling and death wishes by the capt.

    Now we have lost a few over here as well. Yardley was great fun to debate, in my opinion. And gosh Murral was just becoming politicaly self awair. Buit over all it seems we can cuff the living snot out of each other over here and touch gloves after.

    What gives with the main page? Poor debate skills? Thin Skin?
    What are your thoughts about the happenings on the main page, capt jack, and the locked threads.
    I dont want um unlocked or anyone made out to be a hero. Just wondered what you all over here thunk about it?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    What gives with the main page? Poor debate skills? Thin Skin?
    What are your thoughts about the happenings on the main page, capt jack, and the locked threads.
    I dont want um unlocked or anyone made out to be a hero. Just wondered what you all over here thunk about it?
    The banker from TX deserves all that is thrown at him - beyond that, those on the main page are a different breed of person . Though there are a couple of folks over there that could hold there own on this forum.

    I didn't read the locked threads but as Paul said "why didn't I think of the captain jackoff" . Yardley was fine but you knew he would take the same position on each thread, as for Murral, IMO this forum lost nothing - I was the recipient of one of his PM's.

    I like this forum because retrieving posts is much easier, most who post here are worldly enough that they don't need an explanation & the knowledge base is quite broad . As for the dog stuff - I played for 45 years, was fortunate enough to hang & train with some who are & were at the top of the game, there is not a lot to learn over there. I'll leave that posting to those who have someone else train their dogs .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #3
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,585

    Default

    speak for yourself....Menmon will not be trading Christmas cards with too many on here...MS went too far...

    but Yardley did it correctly, using intellect, wit, fact,...there is a big, make that a HUGE difference between debate and a full blown name calling thread locking free for all...the second locked thread was destined for its conclusion when sides were being chosen by noncombatants....probably three things that shouldnt be discussed on an open internet forum....politics-religion-dog training....but somehow we keep trying
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #4
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Interesting happenings over on the main page of the ol RTF.
    HPL noted that as a POTUS player, the exchange in the first of the two locked threads was kinda tame compaired to us over here. After reading the first of the two, I agree. Heck we do more worser to Menmon on a daily bases, twice on Sundays. And he still loves us every one! I am kinda puzzled. Even more as to the defenders of the self banned person captian jack vs. that "Happy" feller. Folk saying come down south or we have some southern hospitality for you or saying they would act the same if poked as capt was? I saw no poke. None! I did see name calling and death wishes by the capt.

    Now we have lost a few over here as well. Yardley was great fun to debate, in my opinion. And gosh Murral was just becoming politicaly self awair. Buit over all it seems we can cuff the living snot out of each other over here and touch gloves after.

    What gives with the main page? Poor debate skills? Thin Skin?
    What are your thoughts about the happenings on the main page, capt jack, and the locked threads.
    I dont want um unlocked or anyone made out to be a hero. Just wondered what you all over here thunk about it?
    Ken, I'm gonna have to disagree with you about MS. If you care to know why, PM me.

    As far as capt jack and happy are concerned, let them verbally duke it out. Who cares? They obviously have strong opinions about the subject. I don't think it was necessary to call them to the principal's office just because one got a little pissy. If one doesn't want to engage in the discussion, they don't have to. This is just verbal battle.Some are better at it than others.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  5. #5
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Nobody gets it here until they give it.
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    King George Virginia
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Nobody gets it here until they give it.
    I have to agree with this. I see people using words like "Captain Jack-Off", and to think I once used a word that started with two letter's, "PR" with a middle letter "I" and ended with "CK", not only did I get a lot of attention, I got a reprimand from the moderator's. I think it all depends on who you are directing the attack, if it is at an enjoyable target that the majority does not like, it slides, say something bad to someone everyone loves, it's hammer time. Typical internet love....

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,360

    Default

    I tend to agree Byron, up to a point. Lets use Stan and Dennis Voight as examples, 'cause I like them. If somebody were to attack Stan. Make fun of his RTF handle RoadKill. (seen it, just a couple weeks ago) It would peek my intrest. While I would be poised to come to his defence, I would not. At least not right away. Instead, in my mind I would think, "Oh this is gonna be good" 'cause he, like many of us here can hold his own very nicely thank you. Now conversly, if someone were to do the same with Dennis Voight. I might pounce right away. 'cause I am not sure he knows how to verbaly dissembowel somebody. He is not a POTUS person. Does the verbal battles we have here, make us jaded to the arguments on the main page that seem to offend the masses? And I thought it was very funny that the first typing of captian jackoff was a space bar failure. But nicely snowballed. And girls started typing it as well. I did not think it was funny that a few thought typing captianjackoff was worse that hoping somebody ate poison. That is odd.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quite honestly I believe I could have told him his dog was a pot licker and he would have looked the other way. Slip in a missing space bar tap and a lightly hearted Captainjackoff and his gloves hit the floor. It is not amusing that he lost a dog. What is amusing is how he is such a baby whenever someone disagrees with his point of view. Captjack's inability to show a slight sign of civility was apparent whenever someone challenged his position. Me being accused of attacking him is the biggest joke along with the whining groupies. Much like politics, I find the deep left in Alabama to be surprising. I expect that sort of thing from those oregonians
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 10-16-2012 at 08:57 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    958

    Default

    I very much enjoyed Yardley even though you knew he was coming from the left field bull pen every time. You needed to have your ducks in a row to tango. He generally came with a full mag and one in the chamber even if the loads were often 'poppers'. For those interested.....he didn't weary of the battle or become thin skinned, some other issues caught up to him. Probably the only thing that will silence that ultra 'left wing' sucka.......same as it'll take to ride the rough off our 'ultra wack' Ragin' Cajun fan
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    .... Captjack's inability to show a slight sign of civility was apparent whenever someone challenged his position. Me being accused of attacking him is the biggest joke along with the whining groupies.....

    it seems that to some, on the main page, as long as a person slips in a training quote now and again. They may be as big a _____ as they like.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •