The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

  1. #1
    Senior Member PamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    380

    Default Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

    Sometimes I think they should all be voted out.

    Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell" meant to convince people that they do not need a savior. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

    Broun also said that he believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and that it was made in six days. Those beliefs are held by fundamentalist Christians who believe the creation accounts in the Bible to be literally true.

    He sits on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

    Maybe he should sit on a different committee.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    Sometimes I think they should all be voted out.

    Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell" meant to convince people that they do not need a savior. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

    Broun also said that he believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and that it was made in six days. Those beliefs are held by fundamentalist Christians who believe the creation accounts in the Bible to be literally true.

    He sits on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

    Maybe he should sit on a different committee.
    I saw this on the news on my home page.

    Make it a poll on PP and see what you get... JD

    It could be an eye opener...or not.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #3
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    We have our idiots, too. What can you do?
    Matt McKenzie

    It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

    "It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    I don't know what embryology is,,,but he sounds like a smart man. So the guy actually believes the bible, so do I . I thinks its silly to believe in evolution and I came to that conclusion going through the subject in college. It is a religion unto those who believe it. There is way more proof of God than there is of evolution and the big bang you know. And he is correct about his assumption. Evolution is junk science We need more critical thinkers like him

    Pete

  5. #5
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't know what embryology is,,,but he sounds like a smart man. So the guy actually believes the bible, so do I . I thinks its silly to believe in evolution and I came to that conclusion going through the subject in college. It is a religion unto those who believe it. There is way more proof of God than there is of evolution and the big bang you know. And he is correct about his assumption. Evolution is junk science We need more critical thinkers like him

    Pete
    Believe what you wish but don't expect many to take you seriously.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,065

    Default

    My Dad’s second wife. A wonderful, learned, deeply religious individual, who was for a time a Jehovahs witness. Before she moved past them. Used to comment about us, the human race. “Only we humans could be so egotistical and filled with self pride to think that a “Day” for God. Was the same mere 24 hours that our ever so tiny speck of a planet takes, to spin once on it’s axis.” And also noted that it was probably impossible for our minds to even grasp a “Day” of Gods. While we readily accept U.S. to metric conversions for weights and volume and Fahrenheit to Celsius for temperature. So many are ROCK SOLID SURE God wears a Timex and has a Labrador retriever calendar on his desk to mark the passing of time EXACTLY as we do here on Earth.
    It’s kinda silly, in my opinion.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  7. #7
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    What's silly is to deny Natural Sciences. If the Arab and Persian world had more of it they wouldn't be living in the 8th Century.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-07-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  8. #8
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Believe what you wish but don't expect many to take you seriously.
    actually I do take Pete and those that consider themselves believers seriously...

    I have been attending a non denomenational church for about six weeks and it has re introduced me to the Christian upbringing that I was raised in...but more importantly it has taught me to be a little more tolerant of people of different faiths and also of those that choose to be either agnostic or atheist

    What I cant understand is why people who dont practice or believe in religion cant seem to respect those who do and just move along and let them practice their form of worship...the only exception may be the whack jobs from the Westboro church who are a whole different subject of their own
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What's silly is to deny Natural Sciences. If the Arab and Persian world had more of it they wouldn't be living in the 8th Century.
    Franco

    By your post you do not believe in god. That is your right as mine is to believe in god. Your argument is the same old argument put forth by all non believers.

    Believing in god is from the heart. It has nothing to do with science. It can not be proven scientifically nor does it need to be proven. For it is our right to believe in what ever we wish to believe in as is your right to not believe.

    What bothers me about non believers (minority) is their use of the law to stop believers (majority) from showing their faith.

    Just a rant

    Richard

  10. #10
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Franco

    By your post you do not believe in god. That is your right as mine is to believe in god. Your argument is the same old argument put forth by all non believers.

    Believing in God is from the heart. It has nothing to do with science. It can not be proven scientifically nor does it need to be proven. For it is our right to believe in what ever we wish to believe in as is your right to not believe.

    What bothers me about non believers (minority) is their use of the law to stop believers (majority) from showing their faith.

    Just a rant

    Richard
    Thank you Richard for saying exactly what the pastor said a few weeks ago
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •