The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66

Thread: Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

  1. #31
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    sorry he left you out
    That was too easy, even for you...
    Bill Davis

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    We were not there...we were given a book written by men for god. It does not tell the entire story, so we really don't know how life as we know it happened. We can make the bridge of faith that God created life from this book which I do. But god also gave us a brain and we have moved past the old testiment and trying to understand creation is not sinful. What is sinful is to hate your brother who thinks a little different than you.
    Totally agree.
    But when science contradicts the bible I research it to find out what might be the problem ,, its either in my understanding or science may have being stretching it a bit. I discovered evolution a farse when it contradicted its own natural laws of science.

  3. #33
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Clearly as perfect as our planet and its life is with the exception of man, this is the creation of a god. So for the record I believe in god and creation, and I'm a democrat.

    Now as far as evolution goes, it happens everyday, as life adapts or dies due to changes in its environment. Ask a south Texas vegtable farmer how fast insects evolve and become immune to the insecticides the farmers spray on them. This is evolution. Evolution does not contradict creation. Just because something evolves does not mean it didn't have a creator. If you believe in god, you should also believe that the changes happening are from the hand of god.

    Just like Obama becoming president was the will of god, and as a good christian you should have accepted gods will as opposed to defying god as you republicans have done. Don't argue this one with me that Obama was not the will of god. Can't have Christ and God when it is convenent.
    You and I must go do different Christian churches...because I have never heard the sermon you are preaching

    Your deep seated hatred for ALL things Republican is disturbing,comical and contradictory all in one...It gets harder each day to have a sane discussion with you...I don't think I have ever seen a Christian pass judgement on another based on political affiliation..UNTIL NOW

    Whats next in your repertoire ? are you going to tell us that D Christians are somehow morally superior to their R counterparts ? While we are on the subject of defying God, would you like to explain how your party can defy God and support the abortion of an unborn child...

    BHO was the will of God ? cant wait to run that one by my minister , I hope he still allows me to visit his church after asking that one..

    I honestly don't know if I should pray for you or pray that our country is not taken over by those with similar ideas like you...
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #34
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Clearly as perfect as our planet and its life is with the exception of man, this is the creation of a god. So for the record I believe in god and creation, and I'm a democrat.

    Now as far as evolution goes, it happens everyday, as life adapts or dies due to changes in its environment. Ask a south Texas vegtable farmer how fast insects evolve and become immune to the insecticides the farmers spray on them. This is evolution. Evolution does not contradict creation. Just because something evolves does not mean it didn't have a creator. If you believe in god, you should also believe that the changes happening are from the hand of god.

    Just like Obama becoming president was the will of god, and as a good christian you should have accepted gods will as opposed to defying god as you republicans have done. Don't argue this one with me that Obama was not the will of god. Can't have Christ and God when it is convenent.
    If you beleive in God as you claim, you do understand that the Devil exists as well, right??
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #35
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Man has never even come close to seeing this.
    and never will b/c it takes millions and billions of years muhahahah




    Some say 'mud to man evolution' is the greatest trick he's ever played.

    Interesting...
    Last edited by Dustin D; 10-10-2012 at 03:29 PM.

  6. #36
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You and I must go do different Christian churches...because I have never heard the sermon you are preaching

    Your deep seated hatred for ALL things Republican is disturbing,comical and contradictory all in one...It gets harder each day to have a sane discussion with you...I don't think I have ever seen a Christian pass judgement on another based on political affiliation..UNTIL NOW

    Whats next in your repertoire ? are you going to tell us that D Christians are somehow morally superior to their R counterparts ? While we are on the subject of defying God, would you like to explain how your party can defy God and support the abortion of an unborn child...

    BHO was the will of God ? cant wait to run that one by my minister , I hope he still allows me to visit his church after asking that one..

    I honestly don't know if I should pray for you or pray that our country is not taken over by those with similar ideas like you...
    You are such a hypocrit. Just because I don't think it is government role to dictate what a women does with her body under her circumstances, I'm not worthy of god. How dare you! I don't like abortion, but it not my role to dictate it. It's god's role to judge not you. This right here is why you will find me most sunday morning out in gods creation instead of sitting next to someone like you. God can judge me for that too, not you!

  7. #37
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I discovered evolution a farse when it contradicted its own natural laws of science.
    Well, this has been fairly pointless up to this point, but I would really be interested in seeing this fleshed out.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wetumka, OK
    Posts
    585

    Default

    [QUOTE=menmon;1020625]You are such a hypocrit. Just because I don't think it is government role to dictate what a women does with her body under her circumstances, I'm not worthy of god. How dare you! I don't like abortion, but it not my role to dictate it. It's god's role to judge not you. This right here is why you will find me most sunday morning out in gods creation instead of sitting next to someone like you. God can judge me for that too, not you!


    I believe that we are to render unto Caesar that which is his....Let Caesar make the laws and collect the taxes.

    However, there is nothing that says we have to agree with or support Caesar.
    We are also challenged to stand for those unable to stand for themselves.

    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

  9. #39
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You are such a hypocrit. Just because I don't think it is government role to dictate what a women does with her body under her circumstances, I'm not worthy of god. How dare you! I don't like abortion, but it not my role to dictate it. It's god's role to judge not you. This right here is why you will find me most sunday morning out in gods creation instead of sitting next to someone like you. God can judge me for that too, not you!
    Explain to me where I said you were not worthy of God, heck I am not worthy of God , thats kind of why I am going to church again...at least we agree on two things...abortion and leaving judgement to God not each other...

    and I have also learned you dont have to be in a church to be a spiritual person, and it doesnt have to be on Sunday...I attended church on Saturday's as a kid...and now I attend on Wed nights because I am off work and able to make services on a regular basis
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #40
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    I love the Mathematical Odds of MACRO-Evolution.

    ...consider a very simple putative organism composed of only 200 integrated and functioning parts, and the problem of deriving that organism by this type of process. The system presumably must have started with only one part and then gradually built itself up over many generations into its 200-part organization. The developing organism, at each successive stage, must itself be integrated and functioning in its environment in order to survive until the next stage. Each successive stage, of course, becomes statistically less likely than the preceding one, since it is far easier for a complex system to break down than to build itself up. A four-component integrated system can more easily "mutate" (that is, somehow suddenly change) into a three-component system (or even a four-component non-functioning system) than into a five-component integrated system. If, at any step in the chain, the system mutates "downward," then it is either destroyed altogether or else moves backward, in an evolutionary sense. Therefore, the successful production of a 200-component functioning organism requires, at least, 200 successive, successful such "mutations," each of which is highly unlikely. Even evolutionists recognize that true mutations are very rare, and beneficial mutations are extremely rare—not more than one out of a thousand mutations are beneficial, at the very most.

    But let us give the evolutionist the benefit of every consideration. Assume that, at each mutational step, there is equally as much chance for it to be good as bad. Thus, the probability for the success of each mutation is assumed to be one out of two, or one-half. Elementary statistical theory shows that the probability of 200 successive mutations being successful is then ()200, or one chance out of 1060.

    The number 1060, if written out, would be "one" followed by sixty "zeros."

    In other words, the chance that a 200-component organism could be formed by mutation and natural selection is less than one chance out of a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion! Lest anyone think that a 200-part system is unreasonably complex, it should be noted that even a one-celled plant or animal may have millions of molecular "parts." source
    cool...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •