The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Explain to me where I said you were not worthy of God, heck I am not worthy of God , thats kind of why I am going to church again...at least we agree on two things...abortion and leaving judgement to God not each other...

and I have also learned you dont have to be in a church to be a spiritual person, and it doesnt have to be on Sunday...I attended church on Saturday's as a kid...and now I attend on Wed nights because I am off work and able to make services on a regular basis
    This whole tit for tat over right vs left is dividing americans. I think folks are better off if the dems set policy and obviously you think folks are better off if the repub are setting policy. Both sides have their strong suits, but neither has it right. At this point in history, I think a more liberal approach is best, and you disagree. That is totally ok. If your guys wins next month life will go on and mine will change very little as yours, as if my guy wins we will still get up and put our socks on in the morning.

Only real difference in us is that you think making the road easier for the well to do makes your road easier, and I think giving power to the less fortunate make more opportunity for the less fortunate.

You still think that the republican will control spending, and I have lived longer and know that they will just spend on the things that they think are important.

Bottomline I'll be fine who ever gets elected....I just think the working man needs a better bargining position. Those are my roots and they are why I have had the sucess I've had, and I want forget that even if it cost me a few more dollars in tax

I think less of an entitlement society is better, you think more entitlements are better.

I think free cell phones are a waste of taxpayer dollars.

You think I am selfish.

I am offended.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    This whole tit for tat over right vs left is dividing americans. I think folks are better off if the dems set policy and obviously you think folks are better off if the repub are setting policy. Both sides have their strong suits, but neither has it right. At this point in history, I think a more liberal approach is best, and you disagree. That is totally ok. If your guys wins next month life will go on and mine will change very little as yours, as if my guy wins we will still get up and put our socks on in the morning.

Only real difference in us is that you think making the road easier for the well to do makes your road easier, and I think giving power to the less fortunate make more opportunity for the less fortunate.

our differences are bigger than that,too numerous to mention, and dont mean squat

You still think that the republican will control spending, and I have lived longer and know that they will just spend on the things that they think are important.

We are about the same age

Bottomline I'll be fine who ever gets elected....I just think the working man needs a better bargining position. Those are my roots and they are why I have had the sucess I've had, and I want forget that even if it cost me a few more dollars in tax

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

One thing for sure, the Christian God may be a Dem or Repub but, he is not a Libertarian.

We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.

Last edited by Franco; 10-10-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.
    1- That's not really possible.

2 - That's a pretty drastic generalization that you are pushing in that picture and in fact it's absolutely false. Not all Scientist in those fields believe what that picture is saying.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 10-11-2012 at 07:01 AM.

I can only post a little at time

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Would you have a more credibile site, one that has no religious affiliations?

A federal court, along with the majority of scientific organizations, including the American Association for the Advancement of Science, say the Institute has manufactured the controversy they want to teach by promoting a false perception that evolution is "a theory in crisis",[8] through incorrectly claiming that it is the subject of wide controversy and debate within the scientific community.[9][10][11] In 2005, a federal court ruled that the Discovery Institute pursues "demonstrably religious, cultural, and legal missions",[8][10][12] and the institute's manifesto, the Wedge strategy,[13] describes a religious goal: to "reverse the stifling dominance of the materialist worldview, and to replace it with a science consonant with Christian and theistic convictions".[14][15] It was the Federal Court's opinion that intelligent design was merely a redressing of creationism and that, as such, it was not a scientific proposition

And Dustin D, you are incorrect. People can live free and not interfer with others.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Along with any other problems, they need a copy editor: "During recent decades, new scientific evidence from many scientific disciplines such as cosmology, physics, biology, "artificial intelligence" research, and others have caused scientists to begin questioning Darwinism's central tenet of natural selection and studying the evidence supporting it in greater detail."

"During recent decades, new scientific evidence .................. has ..........."

I would propose this:
    "During recent decades, new scientific evidence from many scientific disciplines such as cosmology (are you sure they didn't mean cosmetology, physics, biology, "artificial intelligence" research, and others has caused some scientists to question Darwinism's central tenet of natural selection, and begin studying the evidence supporting it in greater detail."

Of course, these folks have a clear agenda, and I personally don't agree with their point, but might not start laughing quite so soon if they knew how to write.
    Last edited by HPL; 10-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Would you have a more credibile site, one that has no religious affiliations?

AAnd Dustin D, you are incorrect. People can live free and not interfer with others.
    This used to be true in the US of A.....

And Dustin D, you are incorrect. People can live free and not interfer with others.
    But that's not what you said exactly.

the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.
    This is just not possible. There has to be a Moral Code guiding the people. If not, you are sure to run into chaos when the way I want to live crosses the way you want to live.

Truth is not relative and neither is Moral Code. There has to be rules and therefore rules will restrict people from doing what they want to do thus making your statement an impossible feat.

Without a Moral Code to follow there will be chaos.