The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

  1. #51
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    But that's not what you said exactly.



    This is just not possible. There has to be a Moral Code guiding the people. If not, you are sure to run into chaos when the way I want to live crosses the way you want to live.

    Truth is not relative and neither is Moral Code. There has to be rules and therefore rules will restrict people from doing what they want to do thus making your statement an impossible feat.

    Without a Moral Code to follow there will be chaos.
    Only when you take the quote out of context. Read the whole statement, not just the part you underlined!!!

    This part...
    so long as they do not forcibly interfere with
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    Franco
    I didn't mean to post up a religious site. I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention. I am trying to google the law or principle that basically says with the greater the lessor is done away with. I studied about it in college. But I am short on time because of being out of an area and also short on posting time due to computer settings.
    I'll work on it and hopefully I can dig it up in cyber space.. Just to remind you,,I am not a religious person. I do change my thinking when I see or understand in depth what is presented,,,but from all I have learned in science (my major in college) evolution in not quite an exact science.
    Pete

  3. #53

    Default

    If someone that is more learned could expound on Dustin D's mathematical probability about the creation of such a complex organism as man from mere single cell ooze I would be interested. The mere creation of life from non-life is scientifically impossible. There are so many holes in the evolution THEORY that it is comical that so many take it as LAW. That we change or "evolve" does not evolution make. To think that we are so far ahead of all other creatures in the department of critical thinking and in the same breath not acknowledge the possible existence of a being infinitely smarter than humans is egotistical beyond reason. Any educated man must give credence to the theory of a superior being other than ourselves and to think that as impossible proves our limitations in critical thinking. The complexities of all that is natural developing from single cell organisms as evolutionary is a much tougher sell to me than the creation of all that is here from my God. To say that the believe in God is an intellectually wrong theory of our existence in my opinion is wrong. This theory is the best our feeble minds can comprehend. Accept that maybe we are not the smartest and maybe your mind will open to this possibility. Only God could have created such a planet and creatures as this that can "evolve".

  4. #54
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Franco
    I didn't mean to post up a religious site. I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention. I am trying to google the law or principle that basically says with the greater the lessor is done away with. I studied about it in college. But I am short on time because of being out of an area and also short on posting time due to computer settings.
    I'll work on it and hopefully I can dig it up in cyber space.. Just to remind you,,I am not a religious person. I do change my thinking when I see or understand in depth what is presented,,,but from all I have learned in science (my major in college) evolution in not quite an exact science.
    Pete
    Looking forward to reading it.

    Do you agree that Earth is 4.5 Billion years old(not a theory) and that Homosapien has been around for 35,000 plus years? Also, that we exsist in a multi-universe?
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  5. #55
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Looking forward to reading it.

    Do you agree that Earth is 4.5 Billion years old(not a theory) and that Homosapien has been around for 35,000 plus years? Also, that we exsist in a multi-universe?

    I for one think I pretty well understand the basic science behind the techniques used to come up with the 4.5 Billion year age of earth and the 35,000 years for homo sapiens (actually I believe that is currently thought to be between 0.5 mil and 200,000 yrs), but just can't wrap my mind around the multi-verse idea.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  6. #56
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I for one think I pretty well understand the basic science behind the techniques used to come up with the 4.5 Billion year age of earth and the 35,000 years for homo sapiens (actually I believe that is currently thought to be between 0.5 mil and 200,000 yrs), but just can't wrap my mind around the multi-verse idea.
    Star Trek was way ahead of its time!
    http://www.the-universe.ie/multi-universe.html
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    [QUOTE][Looking forward to reading it.

    Do you agree that Earth is 4.5 Billion years old(not a theory) and that Homosapien has been around for 35,000 plus years? Also, that we exsist in a multi-universe?/QUOTE]

    I suppose 4.5 could be right but they never figure in that carbon dating is affected by water and argon dating is affected by radiation. Can you post a link that shows that the dna from modern man of 35000 years ago is the same as ours. wolf chiwawa analogy.
    I dont know what mutli universe is. But I do know there is a level which exists which science can not measure ,,, which is the spiritual realm. And I have witnessed and clearly measured with my senses for over 30 years. But most people can't wrap their minds around it ,,or try to offer a worldly/scientific explanation.
    I love the sciences and the exploration of fossils and such,,,but to think we can explain and know what when on billions of years ago is nothing but a giant ego trip and I am reminded of worshipping the creature instead of the creator.
    Last edited by Pete; 10-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    I don't usually get into religious discussion but this seems a good place to ask a simple question.

    I have trouble understanding why the theory evolution would in some way deny the existance of a supreme creator, even if it were proved to be law. Nor do I understand why the existance of a supreme creator would in any way deny the theory of evolution. I just can't understand what the hubub is about.?

    So if anyone will respond, I will just sit back and listen.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    [QUOTEI don't usually get into religious discussion but this seems a good place to ask a simple question.

    I have trouble understanding why the theory evolution would in some way deny the existance of a supreme creator, even if it were proved to be law. Nor do I understand why the existance of a supreme creator would in any way deny the theory of evolution. I just can't understand what the hubub is about.?

    So if anyone will respond, I will just sit back and listen.][/QUOTE]

    The word of God speak of a time line that does not include evolution. It does speak of cataclysmic events long before modern man arrived which science also agrees with but it gives a different reason for these catastrophes and it calls them something else.. Science has figured out a lot of cool things many of them plainly logged in the bible. For some hebrew guy thousands of years ago to even mention these cataclysmic events I think is remarkable. And to think there is mention of continental plate movement blows me away But Gods time line and mans time line are millions if not billions of years appart. I'll believe the guy that lived through it.
    Pete

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    [QUOTEI don't usually get into religious discussion but this seems a good place to ask a simple question.

    I have trouble understanding why the theory evolution would in some way deny the existance of a supreme creator, even if it were proved to be law. Nor do I understand why the existance of a supreme creator would in any way deny the theory of evolution. I just can't understand what the hubub is about.?

    So if anyone will respond, I will just sit back and listen.]
    The word of God speak of a time line that does not include evolution. It does speak of cataclysmic events long before modern man arrived which science also agrees with but it gives a different reason for these catastrophes and it calls them something else.. Science has figured out a lot of cool things many of them plainly logged in the bible. For some hebrew guy thousands of years ago to even mention these cataclysmic events I think is remarkable. And to think there is mention of continental plate movement blows me away But Gods time line and mans time line are millions if not billions of years appart. I'll believe the guy that lived through it.
    Pete[/QUOTE]

    Now I have done it. another queation. We use a timeline based on our solar syster and a Creator might have a time line based on the universe. Could not man have mininterpreted the Creator's time line making it insignificant? You might say that the Creator speaks to man but could you not reason that there has been a misinterpretation? Just look at the posts on this forum as an example.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •