The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

[QUOTE=Pete;1022644]
    [Looking forward to reading it.

Do you agree that Earth is 4.5 Billion years old(not a theory) and that Homosapien has been around for 35,000 plus years? Also, that we exsist in a multi-universe?/QUOTE]

I suppose 4.5 could be right but they never figure in that carbon dating is affected by water and argon dating is affected by radiation. Can you post a link that shows that the dna from modern man of 35000 years ago is the same as ours. wolf chiwawa analogy.
    I dont know what mutli universe is. But I do know there is a level which exists which science can not measure ,,, which is the spiritual realm. And I have witnessed and clearly measured with my senses for over 30 years. But most people can't wrap their minds around it ,,or try to offer a worldly/scientific explanation.
    I love the sciences and the exploration of fossils and such,,,but to think we can explain and know what when on billions of years ago is nothing but a giant ego trip and I am reminded of worshipping the creature instead of the creator.
    Here is the information you have requested. It also includes a Gene Flow.
    http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.htm

I'll just add that believing in any of the world's religions is faith based and not something that can be backed up with Science. And, as Americans, we are all free to believe in what we want. IMO, the religions with origins in the middleeast, like Christianity and Islam are recreations of earlier lower Nile mythology.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-16-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I don't usually get into religious discussion but this seems a good place to ask a simple question.

I have trouble understanding why the theory evolution would in some way deny the existance of a supreme creator, even if it were proved to be law. Nor do I understand why the existance of a supreme creator would in any way deny the theory of evolution. I just can't understand what the hubub is about.?

So if anyone will respond, I will just sit back and listen.

It's not that the theory of evolution directly denies the existence of a supreme being, but that fundamentalists believe that the bible is the exact and literal word of God and that God created the world EXACTLY as we see it today with all living things in their current form. There is also the problem that most people that I hear deny evolution don't understand the theory and think that it says that humans descended FROM apes and find it objectionable that anything created in the image of God would be a descendant of an ape.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Now I have done it. another queation. We use a timeline based on our solar syster and a Creator might have a time line based on the universe. Could not man have mininterpreted the Creator's time line making it insignificant? You might say that the Creator speaks to man but could you not reason that there has been a misinterpretation? Just look at the posts on this forum as an example.

It was mentioned earlier. Time can be either literal or figurative or symbolic. There are over 200 hundred different types of figures of speech in the bible. So lets take the one that says a day for man is like a thousand years for God. That figure of speech emphasizes that God doesn't have a time line because after all he has been around forever. There are many resources that one can study to learn this stuff. But it takes more than a casual stroll through the word. it takes effort and a desire to know Gods will.
    Gotta get my butt out the door.
    Pete

Franco I read the link twice and could not find where they match sapien dna with neandrathal or cro magnon How ever they did say "We believe" and we think" and even " if we are correct" quite often. That doesn't seem like sound science to me. As a matter of fact they repeatedly try to sneak in cross breeding. Breeding different species together in their explanation. The oldest homo sapien remains found were 7 thousand years. That close enough to 6 K for me. But they also refer cro magnon and neanderthal as modern. I don't. Modern is sapien,,, all others are ancient. and there is a good reason for that.
    I also got off on a tangent and clicked on some of the links and I had an eye opener. The more I look into evolution the more it appears to be on the same plane as globel warming. Like we are going to destroy the earth by farting which was the original claim 25 years ago and now it has EVOLVED into something else.

Sorry I can't produce that law I mentioned. maby my memory is going.
    Pete

[QUOE=Pete;1022746]Now I have done it. another queation. We use a timeline based on our solar syster and a Creator might have a time line based on the universe. Could not man have mininterpreted the Creator's time line making it insignificant? You might say that the Creator speaks to man but could you not reason that there has been a misinterpretation? Just look at the posts on this forum as an example.

sorta like when I get home from work and immediately get mobbed. "hey mom hey mom hey mom"... and I end up hollerin "JUST GIMME A MINUTE" ... not really lookin for "A measure of time equalling 60 seconds". lol!
    It was mentioned earlier. Time can be either literal or figurative or symbolic. There are over 200 hundred different types of figures of speech in the bible. So lets take the one that says a day for man is like a thousand years for God. That figure of speech emphasizes that God doesn't have a time line because after all he has been around forever. There are many resources that one can study to learn this stuff. But it takes more than a casual stroll through the word. it takes effort and a desire to know Gods will.
    Gotta get my butt out the door.
    Pete[/QUOTE]
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I don't usually get into religious discussion but this seems a good place to ask a simple question.

I have trouble understanding why the theory evolution would in some way deny the existance of a supreme creator, even if it were proved to be law. Nor do I understand why the existance of a supreme creator would in any way deny the theory of evolution. I just can't understand what the hubub is about.?

So if anyone will respond, I will just sit back and listen.

I had a minister who was way ahead of his time. He believed in evolution. He also believed in God and Jesus. He never felt conflicted,because in his early years, he was exposed to many different beliefs, being the son of missionaries in Indonesia. He felt that Faith was much more important than religion, because religion was a creation of man, and as such, twisted to look at things their way. But Faith requires only the belief that there is something greater than man. This bare bones basic fact is borne out in almost every organised religion, they acknowledge a higher power.

Another novel belief he had was that the Bible was no more than a collection of stories of events that the people of the time could not explain, and a very good read, but could not be taken as fact, but rather anicdote.

One of the most thoughtful and intellegent men I have ever been been lucky enough to know.

Thank you, Dr. Arthur A. Braun, for sharing with me your ideas and experiences and helping me form mine.

T Rex Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!