The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution a lie from the pit of hell

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What's silly is to deny Natural Sciences. If the Arab and Persian world had more of it they wouldn't be living in the 8th Century.
    And yet Franco, at one time the Persians were well ahead of the Europeans in mathematics and astronomy. Maybe rivals of the Mayan in their studies of the night sky’s. They truly have allowed a close minded secular minority shape the path of many that follow that particular religion. That said, the point of my small post above, Bon and all. Is that some find a way to be followers of a religion. And practitioners of science. They are not opposite ends of the spectrum. Unless you want them to be. One of the gifts of an all knowing God, is the natural sciences and our never ending quest for the why. While yes some of histories greatest scientists had difficulties with organized religions, in the past. For many, from what I have read. It was not a belief in God issue. But a management in the church issue. All I was offering was simply a point of thought. That yes the story of Genesis could be indeed totally factual as laid out. It is just that a “Day” for God is a wee bit longer than our day.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Franco

By your post you do not believe in god. That is your right as mine is to believe in god. Your argument is the same old argument put forth by all non believers.

Believing in god is from the heart. It has nothing to do with science. It can not be proven scientifically nor does it need to be proven. For it is our right to believe in what ever we wish to believe in as is your right to not believe.

What bothers me about non believers (minority) is their use of the law to stop believers (majority) from showing their faith.

Just a rant

Richard
    I agree. I was responding to the comment that science backs up religion.

And Bon, I would hope the same for the believers respecting the rights on non-believers.

I respect anyones rights to practice whatever religion they wish but, when unfounded arguements are made, I will respond.

From an Albert Einstein letter that sold for 3 million last week...

"
    The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change this. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.

"
    Last edited by Franco; 10-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I have never understood some Christians obsession with interpreting the bible literally. The Lord uses symbolism all the time. We don't have records from Adam or Noah. The book of genesis was written by Moses for his people at the time. Are you telling me their is no chance that since the people at that time would have never been able to understand advanced scientific principles, the Lord through Moses didn't decided to use a parable to describe the creation of the earth rather then a factual account. Just like the Good Samaritan and all of the saviors parables, they weren't real they were symbolic teach aids. How hard would it be to assume that the "Day" is a period and not actual 24 hours. That the Tree of Knowledge wasn't actually a tree but an act/decision that Eve and Adam made. I don't think bible was intended to be the since point of all knowledge for everything. It is intended to define our religious doctrine. I am a devout Christian as well. I look and there is an over whelming amount of scientific evidence and they Lord gave me a brain and wouldn't expect me to reject everything we have come up with.

If the Arab are so anti science how do you explain the fact that they are drilling for oil? Seems you need a couple science classes to pull that off. As for the Persians they have nuclear plans which also require some science. I think both use religion to control the masses, but if the governing bodies in the middle east believed in God I really think things would be different. Religion can be used for good, but it can also be used for evil. God gives everyone free choice.

Socially I know for a fact that a lot of Iranians are not living in the 8th century.

Terri

Default Bad manners

What always jumps out at me is the bad manners displayed by all sides ( including countries ). Everyone seems to always want to call those who do not believe like they do unkind names. It's one of the biggest reasons that people can not get along with each other. No respect for others and their beliefs. Been married for 50 plus years and I can tell you all that one of the main reasons is we don't resort to name calling and do not show a lack of respect for the other person. My tongue may get bloody when dealing with some people but it's better than bloody noses and hurt feeling. I have always told my children "you can NOT take back hurtful words once you have said them".

Done preachin' now.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

What's silly is to deny Natural Sciences. If the Arab and Persian world had more of it they wouldn't be living in the 8th Century.
    What great strides have we made from uncovereding fossils,,,, the abbacus.....(. ,,,,,, none. Only the imaginations which come from man brain from its discovery. All we know is there were plenty of lizzards around and ape and human like creatures. You have no idea what the word says about it,,,only what you hear religious leaders say about it.
    Yes I also think its stupid to not believe natural science. However evolution has little to do with natural science because evolution is a is a theory and not a law.

Also the bible is figurative ,symbolic and literal. Without dedication to study it,, it cannot be known which is which. Religions spend to much time studying their doctrines instead of whats written. Sometimes a day is literal,,sometimes symbolic and sometimes figurative. To sit there and tell me you know so much about it without putting in the time to figure it out is like the new guy in the gallery at the junior stake telling me all the ins and outs of running an open.

Clearly as perfect as our planet and its life is with the exception of man, this is the creation of a god. So for the record I believe in god and creation, and I'm a democrat.

Now as far as evolution goes, it happens everyday, as life adapts or dies due to changes in its environment. Ask a south Texas vegtable farmer how fast insects evolve and become immune to the insecticides the farmers spray on them. This is evolution. Evolution does not contradict creation. Just because something evolves does not mean it didn't have a creator. If you believe in god, you should also believe that the changes happening are from the hand of god.

Just like Obama becoming president was the will of god, and as a good christian you should have accepted gods will as opposed to defying god as you republicans have done. Don't argue this one with me that Obama was not the will of god. Can't have Christ and God when it is convenent.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Clearly as perfect as our planet and its life is with the exception of man, this is the creation of a god. So for the record I believe in god and creation, and I'm a democrat.

Now as far as evolution goes, it happens everyday, as life adapts or dies due to changes in its environment. Ask a south Texas vegtable farmer how fast insects evolve and become immune to the insecticides the farmers spray on them. This is evolution. Evolution does not contradict creation. Just because something evolves does not mean it didn't have a creator. If you believe in god, you should also believe that the changes happening are from the hand of god.

Just like Obama becoming president was the will of god, and as a good christian you should have accepted gods will as opposed to defying god as you republicans have done. Don't argue this one with me that Obama was not the will of god. Can't have Christ and God when it is convenent.
    If you believe that, then you better believe that it's Gods will that you are gonna be one sad sack on the morning of Nov. 7th. Four More Weeks! How's that for evolution?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

To be clear...
    God created man. And, gave him "free will". Obama, Rmoney, GDubya, or Hu Jintao are not necessarily the "Will of God" but the evidence of our "free will".
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

If it is the will of God it will happen.....I think the bible says that the meek will inheirit the earth....God has always favored kings that cared about the people not kings that wanted to hang onto their possessions.