RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What a birthday present!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Centerfield Retrievers 
#1 ·
Instead of partying and enjoying a birthday celebration, we are whelping puppies that were not due for another 2 to 3 days. So far, we have 4 males and 1 female. More to come!

Arleen

#2 ·
Hope all goes well with mom and babies.

#3 ·
Well Happy Birthday Arleen....enjoy your day and evening... Hope all goes well

#7 ·
That's quite a BD :bday: present!!

Congratulations on the puppies!

Judy

#8 ·
I had a litter born on my son's birthday a few years ago. Unfortunately, he wasn't here to "see" his "present" as they arrived ;)

Happy birthday and hope all pups come out easily and healthy!

#9 ·
Thank you for the responses everyone. We are through whelping. Ended up with 6 males and 2 females. Will try to get a picture up tomorrow. Have a picture with the first 6 but then the last two came 4 minutes apart but about 2 and a half hours later. The little female came first and was really struggling ( she was much smaller than the rest) but is doing much better now. She was followed by the last male who I think saved her by pushing her out so he could get out. LOL. I love raising puppies but the whelping always seems so stressful.

Arleen

#12 ·
I love raising puppies but the whelping always seems so stressful.

Arleen
I agree, especially when you have had litters in the past where it didn't go so well. Happy Birthday and Congratulations!

#10 ·
Here are Frenchy and her 8 puppies. The Sire is Master's Lone Warrior (Chief). He was the lone survivor of a litter of 10 that we had 3 1/2 years ago. He now lives in Reno, NV and his owners wanted a puppy from Chief. Chief's grandsire is Kiowa's A Place In Time (Freeze).

Arleen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.