The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why nothing will change in Washington.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I blame us voters.
    too many uninformed voters.
    too many stupid voters.
    too many "jump on the bandwagoners"
    on all sides.
    if somebody puts a cheeseburger down and walks away, and a dog eats it. who do you blame?
    Maybe we should make people take a basic test before being allowed to vote. I know the left does not agree but I would really like to know why.
    I grew up in the US got A's in history in high school but still felt I had to at least do a bit of studying for the citizenship test. If a person can fly thru American history in high school and thinks they might need a brush up there is a serious problem with what is taught in school.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Actually, Paul, the reason nothing will change is because the power brokers in Washington only do what it takes to maintain power, their power. They don't care about us, only themselves. They will lie, yell, scream and "cave" to minority interests to maintain their power. Most things that Obama and Romney said in the debate are either wrong, lies or half-truths.

It's like the old joke about how you can tell if a lawyer is lying? His mouth is moving.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

since the prospects of the Congress imposing term limits on themselves has zero chance in the current political spectrum...the next best thing we could do is to get rid of lobbyists....all of them....and yes I know that may include the gun lobby...but when the NRA gives Harry Reid an A rating, I look at them with some skepticism

lobbying is nothing more than a legal form of bribery...when lobbyists have the ear of the Congress ahead of their constituents something has to change
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

35 states had some type of early voting started before the first debate. A lot of people are just voting along party lines.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    35 states had some type of early voting started before the first debate. A lot of people are just voting along party lines.
    Early voting needs to be gone. ONly allow those that have a true ligit reason to vote absentee do so. Everyone else needs to get their butt to the booth on election day if they really want to vote
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post

Early voting needs to be gone. ONly allow those that have a true ligit reason to vote absentee do so. Everyone else needs to get their butt to the booth on election day if they really want to vote
    WHY , I plan on being among the first in line to vote early on Oct 20, I plan on being in a duck blind or in a deer stand on Nov 6

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    WHY , I plan on being among the first in line to vote early on Oct 20, I plan on being in a duck blind or in a deer stand on Nov 6
    Because the right to vote is more important than the right to hunt. Just because a sitting president wants to give everyone the opportunity to vote him in again doesn't make it right. You can give up a few hours...
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    Because the right to vote is more important than the right to hunt. Just because a sitting president wants to give everyone the opportunity to vote him in again doesn't make it right. You can give up a few hours...
    so who is being the more responsible voter : someone who takes the time to actually go and cast their vote early or the one that has to be coaxed into getting their butt off the couch on Tues Nov 6...I dont know about other states but in Nevada, early voting favors R voters and seniors....If it gets more people to the polls then I am in favor of it

so who is being the more responsible voter : someone who takes the time to actually go and cast their vote early or the one that has to be coaxed into getting their butt off the couch on Tues Nov 6...
    If they both vote, neither...

I dont know about other states but in Nevada, early voting favors R voters and seniors....If it gets more people to the polls then I am in favor of it
    Voting data shows as more people vote, the results are skewed to the D's.
    Kevin Entwistle

Suffolk Polling will not poll VA FL or NC any more they give those states to Romney
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-09-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )