The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why nothing will change in Washington.....

I have tried to stay up to date and listen to the debate but really how can you tell who is being more honest or sincere i am not a huge fan of any politician right now I will go with Romney just to see if he can change the path we are headed down
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    I have tried to stay up to date and listen to the debate but really how can you tell who is being more honest or sincere i am not a huge fan of any politician right now I will go with Romney just to see if he can change the path we are headed down
    That would be a mistake. It took the country 15yrs to recover from the great depression. Mainly because of bad monetary and fiscal policy at the onset. Because of actions the Obama administration has taken we avoided a depression while Europe who is making all the same mistakes we made in the 30s is in a great depression. The fact that unemployment is 7.8% speaks volumes to how well this president managed the crisis while parts of Europe have 20+% unemployment.

See the republicans want to blame the current stay of the economy on Obama when the 8 years of GW put us in the position. Things are improving notably now...new construction has begun, oil and gas production is higher than it ever has been in the US, manufacturing jobs are coming back to the US and there are countless unfilled jobs that people do not have the skills to do, but the Obama administration is putting money towards retraining and helping people that have been misplaced with longer unemployment benefits.

Yes the debt has increased significantly, but it did not happen because of what Obama did, it has happened because of the contraction of the economy and loss of revenue.

Don't let them get your vote by blaming their fail policies on Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    That would be a mistake. It took the country 15yrs to recover from the great depression. Mainly because of bad monetary and fiscal policy at the onset. . . . . .
    Investment remained volatile during the period of the 1930's, in part because of the uncertainty created for business by the radical and shifting policies of the Roosevelt New Deal. Who has radical and shifting policies now? hhhmmmmm? Lets ponder this a bit.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

That would be a mistake. It took the country 15yrs to recover from the great depression. Mainly because of bad monetary and fiscal policy at the onset. Because of actions the Obama administration has taken we avoided a depression while Europe who is making all the same mistakes we made in the 30s is in a great depression. The fact that unemployment is 7.8% speaks volumes to how well this president managed the crisis while parts of Europe have 20+% unemployment.

See the republicans want to blame the current stay of the economy on Obama when the 8 years of GW put us in the position. Things are improving notably now...new construction has begun, oil and gas production is higher than it ever has been in the US, manufacturing jobs are coming back to the US and there are countless unfilled jobs that people do not have the skills to do, but the Obama administration is putting money towards retraining and helping people that have been misplaced with longer unemployment benefits.

Yes the debt has increased significantly, but it did not happen because of what Obama did, it has happened because of the contraction of the economy and loss of revenue.

too late menmon. Obama has been exposed for the fraud he is. Get prepared for a long hard night on election night and a bad hangover the next day.
    Bill Davis

Longer unemployment benefits train people to stay on unemployment. I knwo fo jobs where people refuse the interview offer because they only applied to get unemployment, it required you to apply for 2 jobs a week. There is not a need to retrain people to most jobs that are out there. Either you have the skills or can learn them OJT, Obama is not helping to retrain anyone except by retraining THEM TO DEPEND ON THE GOV TO HELP THEM! If I need a new job I learn a new skill or rely on the skills I have. But then again Obama is retraing people just like "he" killed OBL, He saved the Auto industry, He saved the healthcare of millions, he created shovel ready jobs and lowered my healthcare costs...
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Longer unemployment benefits train people to stay on unemployment. I knwo fo jobs where people refuse the interview offer because they only applied to get unemployment, it required you to apply for 2 jobs a week. There is not a need to retrain people to most jobs that are out there. Either you have the skills or can learn them OJT, Obama is not helping to retrain anyone except by retraining THEM TO DEPEND ON THE GOV TO HELP THEM! If I need a new job I learn a new skill or rely on the skills I have. But then again Obama is retraing people just like "he" killed OBL, He saved the Auto industry, He saved the healthcare of millions, he created shovel ready jobs and lowered my healthcare costs...
    I'm sure there are folks working the system....but I can tell you for a fact someone working for me a few months does not make them elgible unless I lay them off.

I'm sure there are folks working the system....but I can tell you for a fact someone working for me a few months does not make them elgible unless I lay them off.
    Some not all states just require you to apply for a job, you do not have to take it. Eligibility for Unemployed Benefits are not what I was talking about. I am talking about those getting it who have to apply to keep getting it. No one is eligible if they quit or get fired so of course lay off or downsize whatever you want to call it is the "only way" except it really isn't. I am not sure how your comment is relevent to the fact that people are milking the system daily and you may think no one can get it if you do not say so, but plenty contest it and get it when they do not rate it. If someone is working then I would not consider them milking the Unemployment system. It is a good safety net but it is abused and overused.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I'm sure that people are abusing it, but I'm also sure that many need the time to find a job or learn to do something else. Kind of like the death penalty, if it kills one man that is not guilty, it is not worth the risk.

So if it helps people that really need it and bad folks abuse it along the way, so be it

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    ...Unemployment system. It is a good safety net but it is abused and overused.
    And in Wisconsin, the administrative Law Beatches are so against the small business owners (read LIBERAL) that anyone that is fired automatically wins unless they commit murder.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

I'm sure that people are abusing it, but I'm also sure that many need the time to find a job or learn to do something else. Kind of like the death penalty, if it kills one man that is not guilty, it is not worth the risk.

So if it helps people that really need it and bad folks abuse it along the way, so be it
    Jason, with an attitude like this, we will never win.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson