The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Longtime Republicans torn between party loyalty and Obamacare

Death is a pre-existing condition...
    Bill Davis

Why would any insurance company charge someone with a known issue the same as someone who maintains good health?
    Maybe you are focusing more on things people can control like smoking or eating, but what about someone born with MS, kidney disease, or leukemia?

Those issues have nothing to do with maintaining good health.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    Maybe you are focusing more on things people can control like smoking or eating, but what about someone born with MS, kidney disease, or leukemia?

Those issues have nothing to do with maintaining good health.
    According to BUMMA a person can just jump on the waggon and no penalty if an issue comes up.
    Either buy in when you are healthy or pay the price. There is a reason many of us self employed healthy people actually carry insurance.
    Oh and by the way while you wont agree with this I should not have my hard earned money taken from me by the govt to pay for someones brat. ELIMINATE MEDICAID!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

The state of Mass. boast the best Health care system in America, which was enacted while Romney was Governor. I think Romney would do the same for all America if elected President.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/06/health...ction_ref_map=[]

Perhaps no other election has posed such a difficult personal decision for some conservatives: How do you vote if you're ideologically conservative, but you're benefiting, or stand to benefit, from the Affordable Care Act, often referred to as "Obamacare"?
    I don't really see this as that big a decision. One should vote based on what one believes to be the best long term path for the country, not what is in one's own selfish best interest. Perhaps easy for me to say as I have pretty good health benefits through my wife's employer, but I could certainly benefit from many of the DEM proposed social programs, but see them as bad for the country in the long run, so tend to vote against what many in my economic straits would see as my best interest. Rich or poor, I see more govt. as a problem.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmoe View Post
    The state of Mass. boast the best Health care system in America, which was enacted while Romney was Governor. I think Romney would do the same for all America if elected President.
    Nope you are wrong on this one.

He would require each state to tackle their health care problems. That would mean they (the states) would ask for federal money to enact a program since they do not want to deal with health care and have it screw up their already screwed up budgets.

My opinion

Richard

According to BUMMA a person can just jump on the waggon and no penalty if an issue comes up.
    Either buy in when you are healthy or pay the price. There is a reason many of us self employed healthy people actually carry insurance.
    Oh and by the way while you wont agree with this I should not have my hard earned money taken from me by the govt to pay for someones brat. ELIMINATE MEDICAID!
    You are fortunate that you are healthy and don't have to worry about this. But there are many parents with sick kids that have a hard time with this issue. Would you prefer that they just let thier kids die? Oh well not your problem? Bad health is not always something that one can plan for.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

You are fortunate that you are healthy and don't have to worry about this. But there are many parents with sick kids that have a hard time with this issue. Would you prefer that they just let thier kids die? Oh well not your problem? Bad health is not always something that one can plan for.
    Could you post the statistics on the amount of children that we just "let die" in the last year????
    Or even the statistics on the amount of children that we just "let die" over the last 10 years?

Standing by................
    Stan b & Elvis

Another "Straw Man" argument Pam, Medicade will and does take care of those children who can't find private insurance due to pre-existing conditions. My friends son who has max'ed out the families lifetime benefit on private insurance is now on Medicade awaiting a double lung transplant. He is being treated no differently now than when a private carrier was paying the bills. If Medicade was unavailible he would still get treatment for his CF by the generosity of the best folks in the world........................AMERICANS. Nobody's kids have died due to the fact there isn't socialized medicine but plenty will after it is imposed on us.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

from CNN Health:

"A national health care consumer advocacy group estimates that three Americans die every hour as a result of not having health insurance.

According to "Dying for Coverage," the latest report by Families USA, 72 Americans die each day, 500 Americans die every week and approximately Americans 2,175 die each month, due to lack of health insurance."

--Susan
    "We don't get the dog we want. We get the dog we need." Cesar Millan