The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surprising FT numbers

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Bon, check EE, 30s-40s in the Opens for the next two weekends in TX and OK. Entries could be larger closer to the NRC Championship stake in Texas but there is a dynamic in play I haven't figured out but I like the trend!

And BTW condolences on your Horns upcoming loss to the Sooners....

I am hoping for low entries myself. After a 56 dog Qual, they're all "Small".

Quote Originally Posted by John Lash View Post
    I was telling someone today that I noticed the weekend of Oct. 5 that there were a lot of Field Trials. There were 10. Scattered around the country, some in the east, west, south central and north central. I took the time to add things up, I was surprised...

Below are the totals adding up the dogs entered in all ten trials, on a busy weekend

Open dogs---------519
    Am. dogs-----------397
    Qual. dogs----------195
    Derby dogs----------206

Total dogs entered last weekend---1317

Total for EE entries @ $4.50 per dog------------$5926.50

Total to AKC---------$ similar, didn't figure it out.

Total spent by contestants to get there and back and enter one dog
    using a conservative $250 per dog----$329,250.00

One weekend...Not real scientific but close.
    Just to get the facts straight, the $4.50 doesn't go to EE in total. In fact most of that amount goes to the various credit card companies who take 3%-4.5% of the entry fee (depending upon the particular cc) off the top before the money ever gets to EE. That means on an $80 entry fee, the banks take $2.40 - 3.60 before the payment ever reaches EE. Just understand that EE has never made a profit in any year of its existence with previous ownership or under the current Retriever News ownership is just attempting to break even IMO. At best it is currently a breakeven proposition.
    David Didier, GA

so a $105 entry + $4.50 = $109.50
    4.5% of $109.50 = $4.93
    So entry express will lose 43 cents for every entry it takes for the Spaniel trial?? If they they use the expensive credit card rate?? hmmm clubs raising test/trial fees costs Entry Express money......
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    with $5-6 dollar a gallon gas in California it has to have some effect on the west coast..Glad I dont have the Suburban anymore at fill up time
    Don towed our RV trailer to the two trials in Lost Hills. That's a Ford F350 diesel with diesel at $5.79. I am not even going to look at the gas receipts when he comes back home and I am going to have him write the check to VISA as I know my hand will be shaking too much to hold the pen.

Helen

Financially speaking, smaller field trial entries hurt clubs. But don't think the competition is less when fewer dogs are running. The really good ones seem to still be in the running order.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    That's a Ford F350 diesel with diesel at $5.79. I am not even going to look at the gas receipts when he comes back home and I am going to have him write the check to VISA as I know my hand will be shaking too much to hold the pen.

Helen
    $5.79?? Seriously?? OMG......... I thought I was feeling the pinch here with diesel at $4.12.......wow!

Bon, check EE, 30s-40s in the Opens for the next two weekends in TX and OK. Entries could be larger closer to the NRC Championship stake in Texas but there is a dynamic in play I haven't figured out but I like the trend!

Bumpin' this up for the good Doctor.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

We must add handicapper to DrEds list of specialties. As he correctly predicted the demise of the t-sips.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama