The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Night's Debate.......

Default Last Night's Debate.......

Ladies and gentlemen,
    The Emporer has no clothes.

Even Chris Matthews is distraught..............
    Bill Mahar caved...........

They now see Obama for what he is, not what the "HOPED" he was.

Romney DISMANTLED Obama during this debate.
    I don't know what will happen in the election, but last night belongs to Romney.

"Trickle down Government!!"
    Historical.................

The "unfiltered" Romney vs. the "unfiltered" Obama.

You saw it..................
    Last edited by road kill; 10-04-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Debate hell. That was a debacle.

I watched the CNN post-debate discussions, and their poll and local (Colorado) focus group results. CNN's phone poll of registered voters who watched the debate (weighted slightly in favor of R's in the sample), was 67% Romney won; 25% Obama won. Far in excess of the sample difference. One of their panel said it was really unusual for a challenger to out-rank an incumbent by as much as 50%.

In the focus group, while 16 agreed that Romney won the debate hands down (5 said Obama won), 8 changed their voting tendency TO Romney, but 8 turned TO Obama. I am at a loss to understand the reasoning.

This AM I watched the Fox focus group results ... while some called Romney energized, passionate and confident, one woman called him "insincere" and one of the men called him "well-coached" (it sounded like he meant that in a negative way).

Romney did a good job of refuting Obama allegations that were not true ... just a facade of talking points.

I also caught the "trickle down govt" phrase. Surprised that more of the analysts haven't replayed that moment.

However, Romney had one moment that I thought was a real zinger. When Obama repeated the $5 trillion tax cut accusation (after Romney had already responded earlier to that), Romney's reply about how his kids used the ploy of repeating something over and over in the hopes that he would believe them Anyone who's raised even one kid knows what he's talking about

Axlerod later insisted the $5/$2 trillion numbers were accurate. I think that might be true if one didn't get any economic growth as a result of the lower taxes. We do know that when Reagan did that in the midst of a serious recession, economic growth did occur.

Analysts basically said Obama wasn't playing his "A game". I think it would have been worse if he had. I think Obama would have continued to do the repetition thing & that might have hurt him worse.

Obama is not going to be as easy to best in the second debate, IMO. He's going to be better prepared. Some remarked that Obama looked stunned that anyone would refute his statements. I also agreed with the analysts that Obama looked, at various times, angry, tired, stymied by facts thrown at him, like he didn't want to be there, Fact-checkers weren't sure about Romney's statement about $90 billion in "subsidies" given to green energy, but Obama did not have any facts at hand to deflect the charge.

Romney did clarify that not all the oil subsidies were going to the big players in the oil industry, but he did put those on the table for cuts as well.

I became really annoyed with them harping on Romney not giving specifics ... what kind of specifics did Obama offer when he was elected in 2008? The naive ones he had given: cut the deficit in half; keep unemployment below 8% ... were the ones he couldn't deliver. Romney responded to that accusation well: That he has laid out the principles and he would work with both sides of the aisle to come up with the best solutions based on those principles. He would NOT hit over the head with "my way or the highway." Then he emphasized his WEEKLY meeting with legislative leaders during his governorship in MA (quite different from Obama's infrequent meetings even with his own cabinet, Jobs Council, and intel briefers). In fact, what specifics does Obama have this time? More of what he's already done? Nothing new or insightful, He offered: hire 100,000 more teachers nationwide; more training programs cooperating with community colleges; "invest" in education; implementing new sources of energy. Anything new there?

Romney mentioned, but skimmed over a cogent point ... if Obama believes in reforming the tax code, why has he done nothing about it in four years? The same goes for immigration reform.

The CNN fact checkers of also drew attention to the fact that NET private sector job gains in 4 years was only about 125,000. As I recall, the economy needs about that many jobs created in ONE MONTH to maintain reasonable employment levels. They also drew attention to the fact that the jobs gained were lower-paying jobs (which might mean part-time jobs as well as full-time).

Was talking to my neighbor the other night ... an Obama supporter who had a negative feeling about Romney. She had not watched the primary debates. She did not know about the revelations of the administration ignoring the warnings given in Libya & the obfuscation about the stupid video. She also seemed to have no knowledge of the snide Obama ads that called Romney a murderer and the charge of being a felon WRT Bain Capital. She did say, however, that she was going to watch the Presidential debates. So, for some Obama supporters, like her, this is the first time that they would see who Romney is and how he operates under pressure.

But Romney will not win votes from one debate ... he will need to be as strong showings in ALL the debates.

Surprise this AM, AARP said they want to remain "neutral" in the campaign. I guess they want to make sure they are not associated with a losing candidate. AARP may be getting some flak from their membership?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The best point of the night (which you will never hear in the media) was the Obama criticism of the $2.6 billion tax breaks for "BIG OIL!!!"\

Refuted by Romney due to Obama's $80 billion + tax breaks for "GREEN ENERGY" FAILURES!!!!

Obama had NO response!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The best point of the night (which you will never hear in the media) was the Obama criticism of the $2.6 billion tax breaks for "BIG OIL!!!"\

Refuted by Romney due to Obama's $80 billion + tax breaks for "GREEN ENERGY" FAILURES!!!!

Obama had NO response!!!
    Yes... Romney said Obama doesn't pick winners and losers.... He just picks Losers!!!
    Bill Davis

That was one of the best points Romney made during the debate. Quite a few times Romney's clarifications and/or counterpoints left Obama speechless. James Carvelle said Romney came to the debate with a chanisaw and Obama got in the way of it.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

When I turned it on last night Obama was talking.

Within 20 seconds of hearing him speak I knew without a DOUBT, he was NOT speaking from a Teleprompter. He did not sound like the well spoken speech 'READER' that has been talking over the last 4 years.

That should tell you how the debate went.

Unhinged from his tele strings and ear piece, he's a hollow shell that can only muddy the waters with unintelligent babble.

While listening to him 'Talk' I could NOT make out what he was saying. It was like walking into a Class and the Professor is speaking some language I'm there to learn but class is almost over. I listened HARD to try and hear what he was saying, but could only do just that. Hear. After 30 seconds of hearing him, I found myself saying, What the HECK is he trying to say!? Completely confusing, maybe that's the point.

However I did completely understand Romney when he spoke. I didn't have to decipher his sentences nor wonder what he was trying to say.

last night debate could be summed up like this

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

We listened to the debate on the radio driving home from Dallas. It was clear to us without any visual support that Romney took it to Obama. At home later I watched the debate. Adding the visual to the audio made Obama come across even worse. It's hard to stick your nose in the air when you are staring at the floor. Almost looked like he was ashamed but I know he isn't.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Romney exposed a failed president plain and simple. Obongolo was incoherent without reciting other peoples prepared speeches from a teleprompter. Next debate should be even easier for Romney. How can Obongolo even try to defend lying to the American people over the Libya affair and the demonstrations against the U.S. by muslims? Lets face it folks FOUR Americans died in the Libyan attack. Lets take back our country and send the impostor back to Africa where he belongs.