The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney's Foreign Policy Speech

Default Romney's Foreign Policy Speech

Have been away from the computer for most of the day.

Surprised no one has hit on this topic. What did you think?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Have been away from the computer for most of the day.

Surprised no one has hit on this topic. What did you think?
    We as citizens know that very little has worked through several POTUS's - I personally hope RMoney does a job at State that apparently has needed to be done for some time .

Maybe JD with all his inside scoop can tell us what to do .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    We as citizens know that very little has worked through several POTUS's - I personally hope RMoney does a job at State that apparently has needed to be done for some time .

Maybe JD with all his inside scoop can tell us what to do .
    I believe that your refering to the presidential candidate as RMoney tells all as to your postion.
    Vote Marvin.
    Vote as you believe.
    I will.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I think both the Dem and Repub candidates for POTUS have dangerous ideas when it comes to Foreign Policy! It appears that neither is willing to learn from our past mistakes.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think both the Dem and Repub candidates for POTUS have dangerous ideas when it comes to Foreign Policy! It appears that neither is willing to learn from our past mistakes.
    It's a dangerous world in which we live. When it comes to foreign policy, almost ANY idea will pose some dangers. I'm no wonk, but I prefer policies that keep our defenses strong.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    It's a dangerous world in which we live. When it comes to foreign policy, almost ANY idea will pose some dangers. I'm no wonk, but I prefer policies that keep our defenses strong.
    Defense strong, by all means! A costly interventionist policy that is a no win situtaion in which we hope to convert the middleeast to our way of thinking, no!

Also, there is a huge difference between Defense spending and Military spending.

The way to winning hearts and minds is with leadership, policy and ideas and not at the end of a gun barrell. Our policy over the last 25 years has only grown more terrorism, not decreased it.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Defense strong, by all means! A costly interventionist policy that is a no win situtaion in which we hope to convert the middleeast to our way of thinking, no!

Also, there is a huge difference between Defense spending and Military spending.

The way to winning hearts and minds is with leadership, policy and ideas and not at the end of a gun barrell. Our policy over the last 25 years has only grown more terrorism, not decreased it.
    Part of the "Blame America First Crowd" Franco??

Terrorists, grow terrorism, not us or our policies. Period.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Part of the "Blame America First Crowd" Franco??

Terrorists, grow terrorism, not us or our policies. Period.
    No, I'm just not living in denial. Our meddling is why we have the situtaion we have today! Two reasons we have been meddling is becuase of mideast oil and Israel. Sell the arms to Israel that it needs and let them handle their situation. Failure to have a real energy policy is why we have been so dependent on mideast oil. All the while making them rich beyond anyone's imagination. Our Forign Policy is so dyfunctional that we still send all of them Foreign Aide!

There is more terrorism today than at anytime in history!

Defend that policy!

I would bet Franco is not a "Blame america first crowd" as much as he is an "America should use common sense first crowd". I will not support a war with Iran and think we should bring all our troops home and station them to protect our borders. It is much easier to feed troops in texas than it is to feed them in Afghanistan. Here is a little video explaining common sense foreign policy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLMtRt88ZU

No, I'm just not living in denial. Our meddling is why we have the situtaion we have today! Two reasons we have been meddling is becuase of mideast oil and Israel. Sell the arms to Israel that it needs and let them handle their situation. Failure to have a real energy policy is why we have been so dependent on mideast oil. All the while making them rich beyond anyones imagination. Our Forign Policy is so dyfunctional that we still send all of them Foreign Aide!

Defend that policy!
    We don't force anyone to strap a bomb to themselves and walk into a crowd and blow it up... That is a special form of lunacy that is bred in that part of the worl that has nothing to do with us except that they hate us. If not us... they have proven they will attack anyone available... Britain, France, Spain, each other... hell they don't care.
    Bill Davis