The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romney's Foreign Policy Speech

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    We don't force anyone to strap a bomb to themselves and walk into a crowd and blow it up... That is a special form of lunacy that is bred in that part of the worl that has nothing to do with us except that they hate us. If not us... they have proven they will attack anyone available... Britain, France, Spain, each other... hell they don't care.
    You are dodging the issue. I want to read where you defend our current mideast policy of the last 25-50 years! Why do they hate us?

Mudminnow, thank you. Good to read someone can thinking independently of the crap the Dems, the Repubs and media feed us!

Time to start considering America first and foremost!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

He said what a PRESIDENT needs to say dont spend 70k for a I'm sorry ad and dont blame a video.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Defense strong, by all means! A costly interventionist policy that is a no win situtaion in which we hope to convert the middleeast to our way of thinking, no!

Also, there is a huge difference between Defense spending and Military spending.

The way to winning hearts and minds is with leadership, policy and ideas and not at the end of a gun barrell. Our policy over the last 25 years has only grown more terrorism, not decreased it.
    I can probably agree with most of your post, but do have some doubts about the bolded part. Some of our more reliable friends since WWII were totally broken by us and then occupied for years (and still have large US bases on their soil), so sometimes hearts and minds can START at the end of a gun barrel. Certainly a demonstration of fairness and even kindness needs to accompany that gun barrel, but it can be necessary to get their attention first. That being said, I'd be just as happy if we would either do it like a real war with a maximum effort, crush the enemy, install an army of occupation (as we did in Europe and Japan) or stay out.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You are dodging the issue. I want to read where you defend our current mideast policy of the last 25-50 years! Why do they hate us?

Mudminnow, thank you. Good to read someone can thinking independently of the crap the Dems, the Repubs and media feed us!

Time to start considering America first and foremost!
    I'm not dodging the issue. You sound like Obama. You are under the false assumption that the cavemen in that part of the world care what we think. You can appease them all you want and all you are going to get is another bomb. The ONLY thing they understand or respect is superior strength.

Who cares WHY they hate us?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I can probably agree with most of your post, but do have some doubts about the bolded part. Some of our more reliable friends since WWII were totally broken by us and then occupied for years (and still have large US bases on their soil), so sometimes hearts and minds can START at the end of a gun barrel. Certainly a demonstration of fairness and even kindness needs to accompany that gun barrel, but it can be necessary to get their attention first. That being said, I'd be just as happy if we would either do it like a real war with a maximum effort, crush the enemy, install an army of occupation (as we did in Europe and Japan) or stay out.
    Different era and different situtaion.

We would just about have to kill all of them, which isn't very practical. Even our one Muslim nation alley is now questioning our policy, Turkey. We have embolden the radicals among the Turks! And, at this point we have crossed the line of ever winning their heats and minds.

We should withdraw our troops form the region. Keep the 7th Fleet in the Mediterrainian and stop interfering. Sell the Isrealis what they need and stop importing Arab and Persian oil!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I'm not dodging the issue. You sound like Obama. You are under the false assumption that the cavemen in that part of the world care what we think. You can appease them all you want and all you are going to get is another bomb. The ONLY thing they understand or respect is superior strength.

Who cares WHY they hate us?
    Not appeasement but, doing what is right for the USA!

Not caring why they hate us is living in denial. We caused the hate because we were meddling in their business instead of minding our own. Our current policy is a no win for the USA!

I suggest we take Thomas Jefferson's advice on Foreign Policy!

Franco, i would have been making huntinmans arguments two years ago, but frankly i got tired of not believing what i was teaching. Anybody who looks at why the terrorists hates us will quickly see they just want us out of their business. The american citizen that was killed without trial by a drone was labeled as a "terrorist" But he only supported terror in the middle east to get us out of there. Does that make him a good guy, no. Should we learn from him. The more isolation we can get from that whole area of the world(including Isreal) will serve us well in the future

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I would bet Franco is not a "Blame america first crowd" as much as he is an "America should use common sense first crowd". I will not support a war with Iran and think we should bring all our troops home and station them to protect our borders. It is much easier to feed troops in texas than it is to feed them in Afghanistan. Here is a little video explaining common sense foreign policy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLMtRt88ZU
    I agree we should bring the troops back and put them on the border, but will they be allowed to really defend the border? Not with BUMFACE in charge!!! The troops need to be allowed to defend the border by which I mean if you try to cross illegally you will be shot dead!!!
    I'm beyond sick of illegals being kissed and hugged. Maybe I have a different attitude because I know irst hand how hard it is to follow the rules and it makes me sick to my stomach that someone who cheats get sopen welcome! BUMMA should be tried for treason for ignoring the law of the land! I hope that traitor burns in hell!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139;1020046[COLOR=#ff0000
    ]I agree we should bring the troops back and put them on the border, but will they be allowed to really defend the border? Not with BUMFACE in charge!!! The troops need to be allowed to defend the border[/COLOR] by which I mean if you try to cross illegally you will be shot dead!!!
    I'm beyond sick of illegals being kissed and hugged. Maybe I have a different attitude because I know irst hand how hard it is to follow the rules and it makes me sick to my stomach that someone who cheats get sopen welcome! BUMMA should be tried for treason for ignoring the law of the land! I hope that traitor burns in hell!
    This is what Dr Ron Paul suggested during the Primaries(except for shooting them on site) but, the idea was widely rejected by the Republican voters.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I believe that your refering to the presidential candidate as RMoney tells all as to your postion.
    Vote Marvin.
    Vote as you believe.
    I will.

JD
    Just when I act as the straight in this comedy series you disappoint all by not sharing your vast knowledge of all things in Foreign Policy .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!