The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow, Oct, 10, hearing on attack on our Libyan consulate

Interesting ... the administration is saying that the video "story" came from intel services. Guess that wouldn't include the State Dept intel services. However, Petraeus also made a public statement using the same video "story" ... the war hero that now heads the CIA.

Was the CIA this dumb or did Petraeus knowingly particpate in the lie? One would expect that Petraeus, based on his experience on the ground in A'stan and knowledge of the ME situation, would have been more suspicious of intel that downplayed the presence/influence of A-Q. Is Petraeus now going to be just another body under the bus?

And you'd think that Panetta, so recently coming from the CIA, and given much credit for the OBL raid would have also been more suspicious of the video "story".

If the intel really was at fault, if I were A-Q (or an affiliated group) I'd be laughing up my sleeve at the incompetence; and planning how to continue to take advantage of it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

About blaming the 9/11 attack being caused by a sudden uprising protesting a video...

On Sept 25 Pres. Obama gave a speech before the UN. Not once in the speech did he say the word terrorism. He laid the blame on the video. SEPTEMBER 25 !

Gerry,
    Petraeus is no dummy. I think he recognized an attack of terrorism, but he went with the political pressure and bent to the wishes of the Administration and peddled the video story.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that Panetta peddled the video story. My earliest recollection of Panetta's participation was when he come out and said that it was an act of terrorism.

About UN Ambassador Rice...

I looked around on the net to find out what agency this position is under to see who is her boss. It is not the State Dept.

She has her own department. Obama appointed her in 2009 and raised the position of the UN Ambassador to a cabinet level position.

As a cabinet member, Obama is her boss.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Gerry,
    Petraeus is no dummy. I think he recognized an attack of terrorism, but he went with the political pressure and bent to the wishes of the Administration and peddled the video story.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that Panetta peddled the video story. My earliest recollection of Panetta's participation was when he come out and said that it was an act of terrorism.

I looked around on the net to find out what agency this position is under to see who is her boss. It is not the State Dept.

She has her own department. Obama appointed her in 2009 and raised the position of the UN Ambassador to a cabinet level position.

Helen
    They may have been following orders from the Commander in Chief
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Gerry,

Helen
    When I saw this woman say the attacks on 9-11-12 had "no precedent," I turned it off.
    I was afraid I would post something that would offend Pammy!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I just read the NY Times coverage of the hearing. They left out some important information reported during the hearing.

The NY Times reported that the barracks used to house the hired Libyan militia that was supposed to protect the consulate was burned down. But they failed to mention that the barracks was EMPTY because the Libyan "protectors" had fled when the gates were blown open.

The only protection was 5 US personnel. Only two security were actually on consulate grounds. Three security were a mile away at a safe house. A MILE AWAY. It has been reported, but not confirmed, that a Libyan "friendly" showed the terrorists where the safe house was.

On 9/11 the consulate (and our ambassador and a computer tech) had the protection of 2 men.

Prior to the ambassador's arrival at the consulate, there were 3 US security personnel there. The ambassador brought 2 security people with him which brought trained US security to 5.

This was not a 20 minute fire fight. It started at 9:40 p.m. and lasted for at least 6 hours.

The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Cutter says its all Romneys fault the whole Libya mess is Romneys fault they are so desperate they dont know what to say or do Libya is about to explode they had the letterman interview on Sept 14 while obama sat there and blamed everything on the video
    i think Obama needs to see a shrink he is not living in reality and neither is cutter blabbermouth or axlerod they need help.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-11-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Cyndi, seems like the whole administration is unravelling. Hope voters are watching this devolve.

Helen, there was a tape on CNN of the mother of the computer tech ... saying she spoke directly to Obama, Hillary, Panetta. Panetta promised her he would get to the truth of what happened ... but she has not heard back from him since.

It is possible that Panetta didn't make any public statements about the video. Truly a shame how corruption rubs off on those who did not set out to be corrupted. If Panetta did not make a public statement in line with Hillary, O, Rice, he could not speak out to contradict them either. Can you imagine if he Panetta (or anyone else in the inner circle) had contradicted the "story" a day or two after the bogus statments? Could Obama have even shown his face at the first POTUS debate?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Biden says Libya DIDNT ask for security guess he didnt watch the hearing! Talk about out of touch Do we want a Pres and VP with brains or do we want BO and crazy joe?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )