The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tomorrow, Oct, 10, hearing on attack on our Libyan consulate

Sources are reporting today (saturday) that Hillary will take the fall for Benghazi

Be funny the last 2 weeks before the election to hear Bill say Everything nice I said about Obama forget it vote for Romney.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-13-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Sources are reporting today (saturday) that Hillary will take the fall for Benghazi
    I don't know. Big Bill would drop Obama in a heartbeat. I think Bill is looking for an excuse.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

ok. I have a question.................
    "IF" the people in the ambasy "knew" that they needed more security and they "knew" that they were NOT going to get anymore AND that the area is prone for violence and that the date was close to 9/11.
    My question is why didn't they get out?
    Maybe I'm being overly simple(not stupid maybe misinformed )
    I will be glad when the election is over and we either have the present Pres. to piss and moan about or someone new to blame.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

I am guessing that an ambassador, his staff, and US security personnel just can't pick up and leave. Doesn't the State Dept. have to give them permission to leave or advise them to leave and then make it possible for them to leave via transportation and support personnel?

I have a question about the attack... we have now heard that the State Dept. was hearing a blow by blow of the attack via almost real time. It started at 9:40 p.m. and lasted almost 6 hrs., right? Didn't the help from Tripoli arrive about 4 a.m.?

How far is it from Tripoli to Benghazi? Why did it take so long for help to arrive? It has been reported that it took 2 planes to remove the survivors and those who came to help them. How long does it take a plane to get from "wherever" to Benghazi and why didn't the US have a plane sitting there? The State Dept. removed the DC -- their reasoning for this was because commercial airflights had resumed.

The consulate is under attack, survivors escape and then some how have to make it to the Libyan airport to catch a commercial flight of some sort to get out of Libya. Somebody better review their escape plan.

I am guessing that an ambassador, his staff, and US security personnel just can't pick up and leave. Doesn't the State Dept. have to give them permission to leave or advise them to leave and then make it possible for them to leave via transportation and support personnel?

I have a question about the attack... we have now heard that the State Dept. was hearing a blow by blow of the attack via almost real time. It started at 9:40 p.m. and lasted almost 6 hrs., right? Didn't the help from Tripoli arrive about 4 a.m.?

How far is it from Tripoli to Benghazi? Why did it take so long for help to arrive? It has been reported that it took 2 planes to remove the survivors and those who came to help them. How long does it take a plane to get from "wherever" to Benghazi and why didn't the US have a plane sitting there? The State Dept. removed the DC3 -- their reasoning for this was because commercial airflights had resumed.

The consulate is under attack, survivors escape and then some how have to make it to the Libyan airport to catch a commercial flight of some sort to get out of Libya. Somebody better review their escape plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    ok. I have a question.................
    "IF" the people in the ambasy "knew" that they needed more security and they "knew" that they were NOT going to get anymore AND that the area is prone for violence and that the date was close to 9/11.
    My question is why didn't they get out?
    Maybe I'm being overly simple(not stupid maybe misinformed )
    I will be glad when the election is over and we either have the present Pres. to piss and moan about or someone new to blame.
    Sue
    That was one of my concerns before this started, that somehow some way the ambassador and those that were murdered would be blamed for not getting out, since they have no voice and cant respond to any allegations..they are "almost" the perfect fall guys
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Which goes to my question: why didn't State Dept tell them to stay out of Benghazi? Remember the embassy in Cairo had already been vacated when it was attacked. Seems like somebody tipped them off in advance?

If Hillary takes the fall, then her career is over, but it would look pretty bad for Obama, too. Why wouldn't Hillary have shared whatever she knew with Obama? even if it was after the attack happened. Since Clintons never did like Obama, Bill won't have to say a word; everyone will know how he feels. Supposedly Bill's nose was already out of joint when he called to offer his help for Biden's prep for the debate, and nobody even returned his call.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There are many unexplained things. The embassy is in Tripoli which had the most protection. The ambassador goes to his consulate in Benghazi with 2 US security personnel. Not clear if there were also hired Libyan security personnel accompanying the trip.

Just read on the net that the US pays a British firm to provide Libyan security personnel to protect the consulate. The British firm pays the Libyans $4 an hour. This information was found by a reporter prowling the consulate after the attack. He found a copy of the British firm's contract with the Libyans they hired. Wonder what else was just laying around.

US security personnel trained Libyans last spring in Benghazi before the State Dept. pulled the US team out. Can't tell if the same Libyans the British firm hires and then charges the US to do so or if different Libyans. Not all Libyans hired by the British firm are armed. makes one ask, how much protection is an unarmed Libyan?

The barracks on the consulate grounds in Benghazi was burned. It was the housing for the Libyans. One report said they all fled when the gate was bombed. Yet other reports say some Libyans "helped", but not clear when they helped or how they helped.

I can't find a report saying that the Libyan government provided any protection at all. The State Dept has said that they are required to do so. And that one of the reasons to deny US security was because Libya was providing it.

Say What? Why is the US paying a British firm to hire Libyan security personnel ? The US pays big bucks to the British firm and they pay the Libyans $4 an hour and not all are armed?

Lots of questions need to be answered. Every day something new surfaces.

Good grief!!!!!!!!
    I'm NOT looking to blame anyone especially the poor folks that were killed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG how stupid is that!!
    It was just a thought.
    You have to have permission to leave?
    Even if there were signs of danger looming..................
    Maybe I'm just being naive. Sorry.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

They can't just leave, that was the job of the State dept to make sure they were safe if they felt they shouldnt be there because there had been 200 plus attacks in that area and it was 9/11 dont you think they should have made sure they were NOT there , we have been given this false sense of security, osama is dead so theres no problem , it wasnt taken seriously. They had the money to bring in security they had the money to get them out no one had the brains. If i was the mom of any of those dead americans I would be filing a HUGE lawsuit. Now Obama,biden and clinton are going to try and lie their way out saying we didnt know anything. They are the Boss Obama should have attended the intel briefings instead of them being handed to him like the newspaper and Biden was kept hidden in a room somewhere so he couldnt open his mouth why wasn't he at the UN? hes such an embarresment he cant come out in public. My husband was an officer in the Army when something goes wrong it goes right to the top your the one in charge.The fish stinks from the head.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )