The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow, Oct, 10, hearing on attack on our Libyan consulate

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    because its considered neutral ground and all communiques both official and non official channels go thru the consulate..in order to recognize a country here, they agree to have a consulate there...at least thats the way it was explained to me in school...maybe JDogger can give a better explanation,since he knows first hand

I know you prefer the RP isolationist mantra of foreign policy, but there is one major flaw in that type of ideology....its a global economy, and as much as the pie in the sky thinking of not being involved with other countries sounds romantic to some, its just not realistic...I am not for nation building either, BUT in order to maintain its presence as world # 1 you can be an isolationist nation
    You misunderstand what I have posted previously. I have never served in the foreign service nor the diplomatic corp. That was my father, and I was a dependent a long time ago. I made some observations in other posts that maybe were misconstrued.

As to the differences between Embassy's and consulate's there is a weath information on the web. Help yourselves.
    It has been stated before; The security provided by the http://www.mcesg.marines.mil/ is limited to internal security. Making sure doors are locked, safes secured, paper not left on desks in the open, etc.
    Read the mission statement on the home page and try to understand.
    Embassy's and consulate's are not armed enclaves and were never intended to be. That is not the mission of the Dept of State.
    When a host country cannot or will not provide adequate security embassy's can and will be closed.
    I can only guess at why we had an open embassy in Tripoli and a consulate in Bengazi but I would assume it was because the State Dept thought it was in our best national interests to maintain direct, daily interactions with the local populations.
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    because its considered neutral ground and all communiques both official and non official channels go thru the consulate..in order to recognize a country here, they agree to have a consulate there...at least thats the way it was explained to me in school...maybe JDogger can give a better explanation,since he knows first hand

I know you prefer the RP isolationist mantra of foreign policy, but there is one major flaw in that type of ideology....its a global economy, and as much as the pie in the sky thinking of not being involved with other countries sounds romantic to some, its just not realistic...I am not for nation building either, BUT in order to maintain its presence as world # 1 you can't be an isolationist nation
    I am not advocating isolation, just stepping back from our over-stepping.

Had we followed Jefferson's and RP's advice, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
    Thomas Jefferson

The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

There's one guy who might do that. But even you won't mention his name. GJ gets some air time here in NM, but little national. Too bad. He was a good Gov., and I'm not even an R. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

The hearing is on c-span tomorrow morning (early morning if you are on the west coast Pacific Time). I think it starts at 7:00 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    The hearing is on c-span tomorrow morning (early morning if you are on the west coast Pacific Time). I think it starts at 7:00 a.m.
    Really? Thats really early...I don't think I'll set my alarm. JD

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Really? Thats really early...I don't think I'll set my alarm. JD
    Little hard to wake up some mornings is it??????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I am not advocating isolation, just stepping back from our over-stepping.

Had we followed Jefferson's and RP's advice, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
    Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson and RP? In the same sentence? Really?
    Bill Davis

Hillary is washing her hands of any guilt in this fiasco.
    The State Dept distanced them selves from any of the Whitehouse statements assigning blame to a video.

This is gonna be good!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Hillary is washing her hands of any guilt in this fiasco.
    The State Dept distanced them selves from any of the Whitehouse statements assigning blame to a video.

This is gonna be good!!!!!
    Maybe you should at least try to show some respect for the people that were killed.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

And maybe those responsible for this should show some respect for the dead by standing up and admitting it!