The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow, Oct, 10, hearing on attack on our Libyan consulate

Did I hear correctly that Rep Elijah Cummings was implying (did I get that right HPL) that the lack of security was due to budget cuts proposed by the R's...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Did I hear correctly that Rep Elijah Cummings was implying (did I get that right HPL) that the lack of security was due to budget cuts proposed by the R's...
    Yes, that is what Rep.Cummings (D) said. However, when Ms. Lamb and Ambassador Kennedy (who is the head of management) said that it was not due to a lack of funds.

My take was... security was denied because "they" were advancing the impression of "normalcy" returning to Libya (i.e. the Obama administration did not want it to be known that terrorists were getting stronger in Libya.

Helen

From my notes on the hearing:

Yesterday the State Dept. had a news conference and released a statement saying that it has never been their position that the attack was caused by the video. They did not think there was a sudden protest. Two videos prove there was no attack by protestors.

It is clear from this that Sec of State Hillary Clinton is distancing her State Dept. from Obama and the White House.

During the hearing only one video of the attack was discussed ... a 50 minute video that the Committee has requested. The video is with a gov. agency (which agency not named). But it was made clear that the FBI did not have the video.

Helen
    Last edited by helencalif; 10-11-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I heard that too.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

83% of the people polled say the handling of the libya attacks will affect the way they vote. Also Fox showed 11 minutes of obama & hillary stating over and over again that the attack was caused by the video. Guess thats a lie since they knew the next day that the video had NOTHING to do with it. That will make a great Romney ad .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

In a nutshell, it appears that other people in the State Dept. were not willing to fall on their swords, perjure themselves under oath, to save Hillary, Obama, Carney, and Rice ... and any others in the administration who made the public statements about the stupid video story.

If Hillary and Obama did not get their intel from the State Dept, exactly where did their public announcements get their basis? Somebody simply made it up.

Hillary had to send other State Dept. people to testify, since she was between a rock and a hard place. If she said she got her intel from State, there would be plenty of these guys to refute that. She would then have proven to perjure herself. She couldn't deny she spread a faulty story since it was on tape all over the place, including the $70,000 ad in Pakistan. Carney hasn't shown his face to the WH press corps in over a week. Obama just keeps calling Romney a liar, while being caught in one of the biggest whoppers of all time.

I am at a loss as to how Hillary cannot feel compelled to resign after this testimony. It's possible that Rice and Carney were only privy to what Hillary and Obama told them. If that is not the case, they are great actors. They could get a job in Hollywood. Since none of these 4 primary figures have testified under oath, though, it could keep them out of jail. Their only crime: being lying scum, betraying the trust of every American.

Were they so naive as to expect the truth would not come out? Would it not have been a better story to blame it on the violent militias that are making trouble in Libya, and simply admit to a misjudgment of the security that was needed? Instead they make up this fantasy. Naive or just plain dumb? Bumbling, amateurish and arrogant are the kindest adjectives that come to mind.

I think we can be fairly certain that Hillary will not be the D nominee in 2020.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This evening C-span broadcast the hearing again. I hope more watched it tonight. I watched it again to make sure I missed nothing. Worth noting: It was requested by Committee members that UN Ambassador Rice testify before the Committee. Chairman Issa said she would be asked for "classified testimony" which means not publicly, but under oath before the Committee. He hoped it could be done next week.

The ones I want to see grilled are Ms. Lamb's two superiors in the State Dept. who advised her to deny the requests for more security. They can't stop with Ms. Lamb and let her be a fall guy. There was a chain of command and she named the two superiors in her testimony. I heard right... she said one was the Assistant Secretary of State.

If Ms. Lamb meant THE assistant to Hillary, this would be darn high up the chain of command. But then again, Eric Holder never was told by his Assistant Deputy about Fast & Furious.

Helen

I also watched the replay of the hearing,and all I can say is I never want to be grilled by Congressman Issa, tough does not even begin to describe him....

I think it will stop short of Hillary....unless BHO decides that its him or her...but then Bill will come to her rescue and he will scuttle his campaigning so quick it would give the Pres whiplash
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Jay Carney, Susan rice & Hillary need to be out under Oath and asked WHO TOLD YOU TO SAY THE VIDEO? WE will than find out the truth. Obamas going down on this one no way to get out days after they knew the truth he was the ONLY one clinging to the video. Even his last apperance on the view he wouldn't tell the truth and he blamed the video on univision as slimy as he is theres no way out of this one.

Update Trey Gowdy said they are calling for Susan Rice to be placed under oath and tell who told her to go on TV and make a FOOL of herself!
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

A Yemen security official working at the US embassy in Yemen was killed this morning by suspected terorists Al-qaeda Its being reported it was a drive by shooting. Dont they know osama is dead and they arent supposed to cause any more trouble Obama said!
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.