RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hey Bubba, how you like this un?

4K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Eli M 
#1 · (Edited)
Red Net

Years of South Georgia humidity and the repeated pounding of the paws of a small but athletic red dawg took their toll on the side door of the pigeon coop.
At least three pigeons got out and the hounds were circling.
If we had any spare screen I didn't know where it was and I didn't dare call my spouse. He was picking peanuts and would stop for no man. Or pigeon.
No worries.
Never underestimate the power of a woman with her own duct tape.
So far we've only lost one pigeon. Darwin, or in this case Max the GSP, took out the dumb low flying one.

See less See more
#2 ·
Genius.

#4 ·
Ya did good Kiddo- followed the basic rules- if it moves and shouldn't- duct tape. If it don't move and should - WD40

Time to put up the storm windows so don't use up all the duct tape regards

Bubba

#15 ·
Sorry Bubba It is NOT WD40 , it IS a hammer....a Hammer and duct tape can fix anything

#6 ·
Arrow staple gun in my pocket....duct tape sucks.

#8 ·
So... I'm trying to get this area culture thing down pat... peanuts are more important than pigeons? I guess it just depends on how much money they bring in!

And,... whatever happened to baling wire?

Confused as usual regards,

BHB

#13 ·
Bite yer tongue! lol

#20 · (Edited)
We didn't even bale hay but, there was always a roll of bale wire sitting on the corner of the work bench in the shop. Plastic doesn't replace metal when heat is involved.

I bet I could walk into the shop today and the bale wire is there, at least for a while. I haven't been in the shop for 15+ years. My uncle tells me the connector between Intersates 55, 57 and 65 will take out at least half the buildings.

Tom

#21 ·
Zip ties, bailing wire, wd40, a hammer and a channel lock will cure most deformed structures if all those fail then duct tape it and walk away I will leave it to someone who has more time or more duct tape to fix it

#22 ·
I didn't think a thread on duct tape could be derailed, BUT ... I wish no one had brought up baling wire. I can't shake this picture in my mind of the neighbor girl from down the road who used to sit across from me on the baler and feed the wires through while I twisted them together with pliers on the other side. I can see her just like it was yesterday, all covered in sweat and dust. Gawd, I wonder where she is today.:neutral:

JS

#23 ·
Can anyone tell me how to do a search on that Facebook thing?

#24 ·
Just type the name in the bar above where you put your status.

#25 ·
Duct tape, WD40, baling wire are the only things you need! Also live by the words " If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem" and " beat it to sh*t, bend it to fit and paint it to match"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.