The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A New, Despicable Low From Stephanie Cutter (if she can get any lower)

Default A New, Despicable Low From Stephanie Cutter (if she can get any lower)

Cutter: Benghazi Is Only an Issue ‘Because of Romney and Ryan’

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
    October 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said Thursday that the “entire reason” the terrorist attack at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans has “become the political topic it is” is because Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan talk about the attack.

STEPHANIE CUTTER: In terms of the politicization of this — you know, we are here at a debate, and I hope we get to talk about the debate — but the entire reason this has become the political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. It’s a big part of their stump speech. And it’s reckless and irresponsible what they’re doing.

BROOKE BALDWIN: But, Stephanie, this is national security. As we witnessed this revolution last year, we covered it–

CUTTER: It is absolutely national security–

BALDWIN: –it is absolutely pertinent. People in the American public absolutely have a right to get answers.

Cutter’s remarks drew immediate criticism from across the political spectrum. But the Obama spox quickly doubled down on Twitter, replying to a Buzzfeed researcher, “Romney has politicized Libya w/no plans of his own. POTUS’ priorities are getting facts & bringing terrorists to justice.”

In fact, the Obama administration has face serious criticism for its response to the events in Libya that resulted in the murder of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens. President Obama notably accused Romney of “shooting first and aiming later” in his response to the terrorist attack in Benghazi. However, yesterday, ABC News White House correspondent Jake Tapper challenged White House press secretary Jay Carney, asking, “Given the fact that so much was made out of the video that apparently had absolutely nothing to do with the attack in Benghazi, that there wasn’t even a protest outside the Benghazi post, didn’t President Obama shoot first and aim later?”

Update (4:13 p.m.): The Romney campaign responded to Cutter’s remark in a statement Thursday afternoon:

“President Obama’s campaign today said that Libya is only an issue because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. They’re wrong. The reason it is an issue is because, for the first time since 1979, an American ambassador was assassinated and President Obama’s foreign policy strategy of ‘leading from behind’ is failing. This administration has continually misled the American public about what happened in Benghazi and, rather than be truthful about the sequence of events, has instead skirted responsibility and dodged questions. The American people deserve straight answers about this tragic event and a president who can provide leadership, not excuses.”

©2012 All Rights Reserved

The woman is pathological....
    Bill Davis

when he was a candidate I always thought that Howard Dean was the biggest prevaricator..then came Debbie Wasserman-Schulz...but Cutter may be the biggest of all...What is scary is that it just comes naturally to her and I think she actually believes the crap she is spewing....reminds me of a couple of RTF'ers, both former and present
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    when he was a candidate I always thought that Howard Dean was the biggest prevaricator..then came Debbie Wasserman-Schulz...but Cutter may be the biggest of all...What is scary is that it just comes naturally to her and I think she actually believes the crap she is spewing....reminds me of a couple of RTF'ers, both former and present
    "Just because it's not true doesn't mean it's false."

How can anyone vote for these people????
    Stan b & Elvis

RK, they definitely lack something. All of you rational, intelligent people can decide what that may be!

Lie after lie thats all the dems can do!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I keep getting the impression that they are all coming unglued ... panic responses that will turn off more people than convince anybody of their spin. If such a large percentage of Americans now believe this smells so bad, do you think that there will be a lot of Dems who will not show up on Nov. 6? or possibly even vote for Romney even though they won't tell anybody they did so? or just cast their local vote & leave the POTUS box blank?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Joe Biden just said in front of millions of people that libya NEVER asked for more security how can he lie like that he should be given the boot. . We all heard the proof yesterday that security was asked for and DENIED and he has the nerve to say that what a DISGRACE!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Joe Biden just said in front of millions of people that libya NEVER asked for more security how can he lie like.
    Biden's remarks about Libya are going to be played and replayed over the next few days. Millions of people watched the broadcast and re-broadcast of the hearing on Libya held just yesterday. Millions of people have read about it in newspapers and on the net.
    I'm sure there are few people in Washington DC who do not know that more security was asked for and it was denied by the State Dept.

Well, except our VP.

On national TV during the debate the Vice President of the US states that they did not ask for more security.

Joe, where you been? Has the White House been keeping you in the dark? Obviously you never watched the hearing, never read a newspaper, never paid attention.

Helen