The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

My take: Joe Biden was disrespectful with his posturing, his smirking, his eye rolling, his arm waving. Was it Chris Wallace or was it Brit Hume that said they had covered every presidential and vice presidential debate since Nixon-Kennedy and had never seen such a display by anyone. The closest was Al Gore when he rolled his eyes and sighed a lot. I saw that debate. Gore did sigh and roll his eyes, but his performance was NOTHING like the one Biden put on tonight.

Biden interrupted all evening and the moderator let him do it. Ryan had a hard time being able to finish a sentence to make a point.

FACTS: the fact checkers have been busy. Both Biden and Ryan made mis-statements. However, the one that really got me was when Biden said that Ryan voted for two wars and for the prescription bill. Biden said that he did not. HE DID. Biden voted for both wars and for the prescription bill. Now that was a bold face whopper, Mr. Biden.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    My take: Joe Biden was disrespectful with his posturing, his smirking, his eye rolling, his arm waving. Was it Chris Wallace or was it Brit Hume that said they had covered every presidential and vice presidential debate since Nixon-Kennedy and had never seen such a display by anyone. The closest was Al Gore when he rolled his eyes and sighed a lot. I saw that debate. Gore did sigh and roll his eyes, but his performance was NOTHING like the one Biden put on tonight.

Biden interrupted all evening and the moderator let him do it. Ryan had a hard time being able to finish a sentence to make a point.

FACTS: the fact checkers have been busy. Both Biden and Ryan made mis-statements. However, the one that really got me was when Biden said that Ryan voted for two wars and for the prescription bill. Biden said that he did not. HE DID. Biden voted for both wars and for the prescription bill. Now that was a bold face whopper, Mr. Biden.

Helen
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...n-48-biden-44/

six week from now will anyone remember who won the VP debate...

did this debate change the way you are going to vote

did this debate change the way you view either VP candidate
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think it was a "draw" on talking points put forth from each side.

Biden's demeanor toward Ryan was insulting and buffoon-like. His interruptions and talking over Ryan when it was Ryan's turn was both rude and annoying. The moderator let Biden get away with it. Ryan was polite to Biden. He had no choice, IMO. If he tried to rant like Biden did, I believe that it would not have served him well. Must admire Ryan's self-control in that regard. Not sure if anyone else sensed it, but I sensed that it was taking a lot of self-control on Ryan's part to continue being polite. I believe that subtly comes off as a strength in the face of adversity that would be in Ryan's favor.

At the end, CNN said that Biden spoke 41 minutes and Ryan 40. It certainly didn't seem that way, since Ryan's time was interrupted by Biden's "voice-overs".

Biden repeated facts already proven untrue by the POTUS debate fact check; and, of course, was now spinning the "new story" that it was all intel's failings. An irony (mentioned on post-debate analysis): If the intel community was so incompetent in discerning the cause of the Libya tragedy, how on God's green earth are they good enough to let us know when Iran has delivery capability of a nuclear weapon? It took them AT LEAST 2 weeks AFTER the events in Libya to get it right, but they will know BEFORE Iran has a weapon delivery capability? Illogical.

Specifics from Ryan? Why? NOBODY asked Obama for specifics when he was running. He said he would cut the deficit in half ... a huge promise. Nobody asked HIM how he would do it. Nobody. It is reasonable, to me, to lay out the the parameters of the tax reduction, and then hammer out details in a bi-partisan discussion to design the final product. R&R have already given more specifics than Obama ever did with his pie-in-the-sky rhetoric. BTW, no specifics from Obama on how his policies will make things better in another four years ... no new ideas; just more of the same, I guess. Can't be sure since he has given no specifics ... except to make the $200+ taxpayers pay more in taxes. That's old news.

Both candidates put forth talking points. I found Ryan's closing statement repetitious of the same phrases used before by the R ticket. I was looking for something more than that.

If Biden behaves this boorishly and dismissively in international relations or with legislators, I am not surprised that we are in the shape we are in at home and abroad.

CNN's poll was that 48% felt Ryan won; 44% felt Biden won. Very different from the POTUS debate. Each side would probably have wanted a more decisive verdict, but each side was probably also glad not to lose any ground.

If Obama comes off like Biden in the 2nd POTUS debate, I think it will not go as well for him. Biden, being older than Ryan, could get away with using his seniority as a bullying tool. Obama cannot use that ploy against Romney. If people found Biden's laughing, snickering, interruptions at all annoying, they will be more critical of that approach by Obama, IMO. Biden can get away with shooting from the lip, but Obama would not come off as "Presidential" if he did the same.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Biden had a "mission" or a "task" if you will.
    To save Obama due to his poor showing.

Biden failed in a most unprofessional and disrespectful way!

"Joe Biden is laughing, are you?"
    Last edited by road kill; 10-12-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post

Helen
    I caught that as well. Lets don't forget that they both voted for every raising of the Debt Ceiling during the Bush years, something like 7 or 8 times! Something they both should be ashamed of.

Interesting that after two debates, Illegal Immigration was never brought up.

I found both VP candidates to be uninspiring!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I am curious how WOMEN perceived Biden's demeanor last night?
    There is much discussion of that this morning.
    Did you find it endearing or was it off putting?
    Stan b & Elvis

Hope and Change don't you know....

As a independent trying to listen to this debate, Bidens interuptions, smirking were such a distraction it was hard to believe anything that came out of his mouth. He was embarrassing to watch and another hour and 1/2 I will never get back, shoulda taped it.
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

I am totally embarrassed that that man is the VP of the great United States of America and in any way represents us. No wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are rude, arrogant, and ignorant. I would not let children get away with his totally uncalled for behavior, let alone the Vice President of the United States.
    Sad, just plain sad.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com