The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

I watched the focus groups 3000 polled 94% said they didnt like the way biden acted and it made them like him less. Now you know why they keep him locked up does he act like this when meeting with officials? He's not the man i want to take over if something happened to obama. I 'd rather have the dog

Romney will shred bo in the foreign policy debate over libya I would like to know why they dont tell Biden anything that will cost them.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-12-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I thought that he gave Ryan the respect he deserved.

Almost point-by-point Ryan was bested by Biden.

Even though Biden might have "offended" many with his aggressive behavior, it's always better to have people talking about how aggressive one guy was, instead of how defensive the other guy was. While Ryan wasn't so much defensive, Biden dictated the tempo of the debate - which is never a good thing for the other guy.

Ryan really fell into a trap on the stimulus, when he admitted to writing Biden a letter asking for stimulus funds, that should have been a "gnashing teeth" moment for his side.

Ryan was good, but he threw too many numbers out there that will go over everyone's head. Biden spoke in "plainer language."

Ryan was terrible on the Afghanistan war.

Ryan was crushed on Medicare, he said his own grandma was greatly helped by Medicare. You can't say that and then say its a bad program that needs to be overhauled.

So, now I have to get to work and make some money so I can afford to train and run my dogs (I have too many...). Have fun raking me over the coals...

Last edited by Buzz; 10-12-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I saw somewhere that a school is going to use "garbage-cams" to see which kids are throwing the Obama lunch away
    Remember, ketchup is a vegetable now!--Ronald Reagan (or one of his spokesman)
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Than Ryan should have spit on him in the end and gave him the respect he deserved, This is the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES n not a guy in a bar brawl Respect belongs to that office and that of Pres we need people back in that take office that take running this seriously and they do not. Obama and biden acts like punks. He respresnts the office and you can see why they lie and cheat after watching the last two debates.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Did anyone notice that Ryan refused to answer the question about whether or not the mortgage interest tax deduction would be reduced or eliminated for Americans making under $50k per year under their plan? This is a concern I expressed earlier.
    I did notice and immediately thought of our conversation.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Do you think in order for obama to get the debt down cuts wont be made ? he will keep big bird we see how important that is to him you will lose your morgage ded, obama thought about it before and decided against it now he wont have a choice in order to bring debt down we will all feel it. I heard Paul Ryan say as biden was speaking over him the home deduction would be on people making over 250,000

Do you think in order for obama to get the debt down cuts wont be made ? he will keep big bird we see how important that is to him you will lose your morgage ded, obama thought about it before and decided against it now he wont have a choice in order to bring debt down we will all feel it. I heard Paul Ryan say as biden was speaking over him the home deduction would be on people making over 250,000 This below article was in 2011

If Obama and the Democrats succeed in taking away the mortgage deduction, millions of upper-middle-class Americans will walk away from their homes and mortgages.

Who gets crippled? Banks, developers, realtors, plumbers, electricians, landscapers…all out of business. Consumer spending will come to a halt. On and on it trickles down. Tax revenues will plummet, the debt will skyrocket. Is that how a “community organizer” thinks you create jobs?

If you think the economy is bad now, wait until Obama gets his way. We’ll all be “community organizers.” It will be the only job left.

I guess I would rate the debate as a tie. I believe Biden would have been the clear winner without the body language. I can understand his grinning. I have been caught grinning like a Cheshire cat in a debate when I had the facts cold and my opponent didn't. If you are pumped and your opponent makes a miscue, it is very easy to end up doing that. I don't think sober and somber would have worked for Biden. It is not his style. That aside, I wish at times he had put an anchor on it. Otherwise, he accomplished his mission to not let Ryan run away with it.

I thought Ryan was cool under fire. I thought he lacked detail in his proposals. This has been the major concern of a lot of us about the Republican ticket. I am beginning to believe that they either don't have specifics or they don't want to put them out for fear those proposals will get ripped to shreds. I am also concerned they are willing to put more stock in their allegiance to Grover Norquist than the electorate they represent. On the issue of Afghanistan it turned out that there was a tweedle dee- tweedle dum difference between the two and, thus, Ryan's thrust was ineffective there. On the issue of the stimulus, Biden had a major score on Ryan's two requests for stimulus money. That being said Ryan acquitted himself very well. He kept his calm even though it must have been tempting to unload on Biden.

Deportment to Ryan, content to Biden.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I guess I would rate it as a tie. I believe Biden would have been the clear winner without the body language. i can understand the Grinning. I have been caught grinning like a Cheshire cat in a debate when I had the facts cold and my opponent didn't. If you are pumped and your opponent makes a miscue, it is very easy to end up doing that. I don't think sober and somber would have worked for Biden. It is not his style. That aside, I wish at times he had put an anchor on it. Otherwise, he accomplished his mission to not let Ryan run away with it.

I thought Ryan was cool under fire. I thought he lacked detail in his proposals. This has been the major concern of a lot of us about the Republican ticket. I am beginning to believe that they either don't have specifics or they don't want to put them out for fear those proposals will get ripped to shreds. I am also concerned they are willing to put more regard to their allegiance to Grover Norquist than the electorate they represent. On the issue of Afghanistan it turned out that there was a tweedle dee- tweedle dum difference between the two and thus, Ryan's thrust was ineffective there. On the issue of the stimulus, Biden had a major score on Ryan's two requests for stimulus money. That being said Ryan acquitted himself very well. He kept his calm even though it must have been tempting to unload on Biden.

Deportment to Ryan, content to Biden.
    Good post.........
    Stan b & Elvis

Except Biden didnt have the knowledge he thought he had, he had alot of lies . Your not "joe" down the street your the VP grow up show respect we should expect more for our Pres and VP not accept their childish behaviour, just like we accepted it with Bill Clinton and the disrespect he showed to the office of the Pres. I dont want the biker down my steet or the manager of my burger king I want a PRESIDENT that acts like a President and being honest to the people is the most important thing we didnt have it with clinton and we dont have it now look at the mess wer are in . Employers are laying off full time help hiring people part time so they dont have to pay obamacare this will hit you all, just wait than Good luck.