The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am curious how WOMEN perceived Biden's demeanor last night?
    There is much discussion of that this morning.
    Did you find it endearing or was it off putting?
    In regards to Biden's demeanor:
    I was embarrassed for him. He made a mockery of his position as second in charge to the free world. All the smirk, laugh, arm waving....

He told two big lies (not fuzzy math lies.... people -died -and -I- won't -tell- the- truth -about -it lies) He did vote for 2 wars, and Libya did request more security.
    It was a huge disappointment for me. His antics thoughout the event made it unreasonable for me to continue to listen to him.

It is impossible to take seriously a man who will lie about why soldiers are dead.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    In regards to Biden's demeanor:
    I was embarrassed for him. He made a mockery of his position as second in charge to the free world. All the smirk, laugh, arm waving....

He told two big lies (not fuzzy math lies.... people -died -and -I- won't -tell- the- truth -about -it lies) He did vote for 2 wars, and Libya did request more security.
    It was a huge disappointment for me. His antics thoughout the event made it unreasonable for me to continue to listen to him.

It is impossible to take seriously a man who will lie about why soldiers are dead.
    And Ryan did vote to cut funding for diplomatic security. Pot calling the kettle...
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    And Ryan did vote to cut funding for diplomatic security. Pot calling the kettle...
    I did not hear him lie about it.

It is time to stand beside your vote. Own it.

I do not like that Ryan voted to cut funds for diplomatic security. At least he didn't lie.
    Last edited by ARay11; 10-12-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

did Biden really say that "Iran is totally isolated", why do the people of Israel not feel safe about that

Biden is a CAREER politician who finally got a shot at the big time, but like McCain and others his time to go was long overdue..TERM LIMITS would have ended his tenure long ago
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So you give a free pass to this administration for its bald faced lies, fumbling who's on first cover up of the murder of our citizens in Libya? Just curious. It certainly seemed to me as if Joe was caught off guard with Ryans response. And now the waters are muddied even more, the state department gets tossed under the bus and the families of the victims are left in the dark. Nice.

THE FACTS: Ryan’s Budget “Blueprint Doesn’t Specify Cuts To Embassy Security.” “Ryan’s budget plan would have cut non-defense discretionary spending by 19% in 2014, according to The Hill newspaper. The blueprint doesn’t specify cuts to embassy security, but the Obama campaign says the figure – if applied across the board – would result in a $300 million decrease in funding for protection, construction and maintenance of all U.S. embassies. The Romney campaign disputed the claim, saying no specific cuts were recommended.” (Tim Mullaney, Susan Davis, Jackie Kucinich, Paul Davidson and Aamer Madhani, “Fact Check: A 2nd Look At Biden And Ryan Claims.”USA Today, 10/11/12)
    THE FACTS: State Department Official Charlene Lamb Testified Before The House Oversight Committee That Budget Cuts Had Nothing To Do With Security Decisions In Benghazi. REP. DANA ROHRABACHER (R-CA): “It has been suggested the budget cuts are responsible for lack of security in Benghazi, and I’d like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally, was there any budget consideration and lack of budget that led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?” STATE DEPARTMENT DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS CHARLENE LAMB: “No, sir.”(U.S. House Of Representatives, Oversight And Government Reform Committee, Hearing, 10/10/12)

Biden: “I Don’t Want To Say Anything In The Debate That’s Not Completely Accurate.” “‘What I’ve been doing mostly, quite frankly, is studying up on Congressman Ryan’s positions on the issues, and Gov. Romney has embraced at least everything I can see. I don’t want to say anything in the debate that’s not completely accurate,’ Biden told reporters outside a Hy-Vee in Council Bluffs, Iowa.” (Arlette Saenz, “Vice President Joe Biden Says Accuracy Is Key At Next Week’s Debate,” ABC News’ Political Punch, 10/4/12)
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-12-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    THE FACTS: Ryan’s Budget “Blueprint Doesn’t Specify Cuts To Embassy Security.” “Ryan’s budget plan would have cut non-defense discretionary spending by 19% in 2014, according to The Hill newspaper. The blueprint doesn’t specify cuts to embassy security, but the Obama campaign says the figure – if applied across the board – would result in a $300 million decrease in funding for protection, construction and maintenance of all U.S. embassies. The Romney campaign disputed the claim, saying no specific cuts were recommended.” (Tim Mullaney, Susan Davis, Jackie Kucinich, Paul Davidson and Aamer Madhani, “Fact Check: A 2nd Look At Biden And Ryan Claims.”USA Today, 10/11/12)
    THE FACTS: State Department Official Charlene Lamb Testified Before The House Oversight Committee That Budget Cuts Had Nothing To Do With Security Decisions In Benghazi. REP. DANA ROHRABACHER (R-CA): “It has been suggested the budget cuts are responsible for lack of security in Benghazi, and I’d like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally, was there any budget consideration and lack of budget that led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?” STATE DEPARTMENT DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS CHARLENE LAMB: “No, sir.”(U.S. House Of Representatives, Oversight And Government Reform Committee, Hearing, 10/10/12)
    Thank you for posting this!
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Who won the VP debate?Regardless of which candidate you happen to support, who do you think did the best job in the debate - Joe Biden or Paul Ryan?

Ryan
    48%
    Biden
    44%

Ryan 48% Biden 44%
    Source: CNN/ORC International
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I guess I would rate the debate as a tie. I believe Biden would have been the clear winner without the body language. I can understand his grinning. I have been caught grinning like a Cheshire cat in a debate when I had the facts cold and my opponent didn't. If you are pumped and your opponent makes a miscue, it is very easy to end up doing that. I don't think sober and somber would have worked for Biden. It is not his style. That aside, I wish at times he had put an anchor on it. Otherwise, he accomplished his mission to not let Ryan run away with it.

I thought Ryan was cool under fire. I thought he lacked detail in his proposals. This has been the major concern of a lot of us about the Republican ticket. I am beginning to believe that they either don't have specifics or they don't want to put them out for fear those proposals will get ripped to shreds. I am also concerned they are willing to put more stock in their allegiance to Grover Norquist than the electorate they represent. On the issue of Afghanistan it turned out that there was a tweedle dee- tweedle dum difference between the two and, thus, Ryan's thrust was ineffective there. On the issue of the stimulus, Biden had a major score on Ryan's two requests for stimulus money. That being said Ryan acquitted himself very well. He kept his calm even though it must have been tempting to unload on Biden.

Deportment to Ryan, content to Biden.
    Where are the specific details of the current regime? Why do you not ask for specifics from them?

I thought Biden was annoying as hell! Ryan has much more self control than I, as I would have blown my lid long before the debate was over. I could never be in politics as one unfortunately can never tell it like it is!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

THE CLAIM: Biden: “We Weren’t Told They Wanted More Security There.” (Vice President Joe Biden, Vice Presidential Debate, Danville, KY, 10/11/12)
    THE FACTS: Biden Contradicted “Three State Department Officials And The Former Head Of Diplomatic Security In Libya.” “Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn’t aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night’s debate, contradicting three State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.” (Josh Rogin, “Biden Contradicts State Department On Benghazi Security,” Foreign Policy, 10/11/12)

• “Two Security Officials Who Worked For The State Department In Libya … Repeatedly Requested More Security And Two State Department Officials Admitted They Had Denied Those Requests.” “In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.” (Josh Rogin, “Biden Contradicts State Department On Benghazi Security,” Foreign Policy, 10/11/12)

THE FACTS: “This Was Contradicted By State Department Officials Just This Week, In Testimony Before A Congressional Panel And In Unclassified Cables Released By A Congressional Committee.” “But this was contradicted by State Department officials just this week, in testimony before a congressional panel and in unclassified cables released by a congressional committee. ‘All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources,’ said Eric Nordstrom, the top regional security officer in Libya earlier this year. A Utah national guardsman who led a security team, Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, said: ‘We felt great frustration that those requests were ignored or just never met.’” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: State Department Contradicts Biden,” The Washington Post’s The Fact Checker, 10/11/12)
    NBC’s Andrea Mitchell: “The State Department Did Know In Real Time From Videos That Requests For More Security Resources Had Been Made And Were Turned Down. A State Department Official Acknowledged That Testifying On Capitol Hill Only Yesterday.” NBC’s ANDREA MITCHELL: “Vice President Biden called the deaths a tragedy but he then claimed that the Obama administration did not know that Ambassador Stevens and other personnel on the ground had been asking for more security help.” VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: “We weren’t told they wanted more security again. We did not know they wanted more security again. And by the way, at the time we were told exactly — we said exactly what the intelligence community told us that they knew. That was the assessment.” MITCHELL: “It was an assessment but the State Department did know in real time from videos that requests for more security resources had been made and were turned down. A state department official acknowledged that testifying on Capitol Hill only yesterday.” (NBC, 10/11/12)
    THE FACTS: “Senior State Department Officials Told A House Committee They Turned Down Requests From The U.S. Embassy In Libya To Send More American Military Personnel To Guard The Diplomatic Facilities.” “One day earlier, however, senior State Department officials told a House committee they turned down requests from the U.S. embassy in Libya to send more American military personnel to guard the diplomatic facilities.” (Meghan McCarthy, Katy O’Donnell, Josh Smith, and Sara Sorcher, “Fact Check: The Vice Presidential Debate Between Biden And Ryan,” National Journal, 10/11/12)

• “Charlene R. Lamb, A Deputy Assistant Secretary For Diplomatic Security, Told Lawmakers She Refused Requests For More Security In Benghazi.” “Ryan is right, judging by testimony from Obama administration officials at a congressional hearing this week. Charlene R. Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary for diplomatic security, told lawmakers she refused requests for more security in Benghazi, saying the department wanted to train Libyans to protect the consulate. ‘Yes, sir, I said personally I would not support it,’ she said.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Slips On Libya, Syria, Auto Bailout,” The Associated Press, 10/11/12)

• “Eric Nordstrom, Who Was The Top Security Official In Libya Earlier This Year, Testified He Was Criticized For Seeking More Security.” “Eric Nordstrom, who was the top security official in Libya earlier this year, testified he was criticized for seeking more security. He said conversations he had with people in Washington led him to believe that it was ‘abundantly clear we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident. How thin does the ice have to get before someone falls through?’” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Slips On Libya, Syria, Auto Bailout,” The Associated Press, 10/11/12)