The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

Biden: “I Don’t Want To Say Anything In The Debate That’s Not Completely Accurate.”

THE CLAIM:
    Biden: “We Weren’t Told They Wanted More Security There.” (Vice President Joe Biden, Vice Presidential Debate, Danville, KY, 10/11/12)
    THE FACTS: Biden Contradicted “Three State Department Officials And The Former Head Of Diplomatic Security In Libya.” “Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn’t aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night’s debate, contradicting three State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.” (Josh Rogin, “Biden Contradicts State Department On Benghazi Security,” Foreign Policy, 10/11/12)

• “Two Security Officials Who Worked For The State Department In Libya … Repeatedly Requested More Security And Two State Department Officials Admitted They Had Denied Those Requests.” “In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.” (Josh Rogin, “Biden Contradicts State Department On Benghazi Security,” Foreign Policy, 10/11/12)

THE FACTS: “This Was Contradicted By State Department Officials Just This Week, In Testimony Before A Congressional Panel And In Unclassified Cables Released By A Congressional Committee.” “But this was contradicted by State Department officials just this week, in testimony before a congressional panel and in unclassified cables released by a congressional committee. ‘All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources,’ said Eric Nordstrom, the top regional security officer in Libya earlier this year. A Utah national guardsman who led a security team, Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, said: ‘We felt great frustration that those requests were ignored or just never met.’” (Glenn Kessler, “Fact Check: State Department Contradicts Biden,” The Washington Post’s The Fact Checker, 10/11/12)
    NBC’s Andrea Mitchell: “The State Department Did Know In Real Time From Videos That Requests For More Security Resources Had Been Made And Were Turned Down. A State Department Official Acknowledged That Testifying On Capitol Hill Only Yesterday.” NBC’s ANDREA MITCHELL: “Vice President Biden called the deaths a tragedy but he then claimed that the Obama administration did not know that Ambassador Stevens and other personnel on the ground had been asking for more security help.” VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: “We weren’t told they wanted more security again. We did not know they wanted more security again. And by the way, at the time we were told exactly — we said exactly what the intelligence community told us that they knew. That was the assessment.” MITCHELL: “It was an assessment but the State Department did know in real time from videos that requests for more security resources had been made and were turned down. A state department official acknowledged that testifying on Capitol Hill only yesterday.” (NBC, 10/11/12)
    THE FACTS: “Senior State Department Officials Told A House Committee They Turned Down Requests From The U.S. Embassy In Libya To Send More American Military Personnel To Guard The Diplomatic Facilities.” “One day earlier, however, senior State Department officials told a House committee they turned down requests from the U.S. embassy in Libya to send more American military personnel to guard the diplomatic facilities.” (Meghan McCarthy, Katy O’Donnell, Josh Smith, and Sara Sorcher, “Fact Check: The Vice Presidential Debate Between Biden And Ryan,” National Journal, 10/11/12)

• “Charlene R. Lamb, A Deputy Assistant Secretary For Diplomatic Security, Told Lawmakers She Refused Requests For More Security In Benghazi.” “Ryan is right, judging by testimony from Obama administration officials at a congressional hearing this week. Charlene R. Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary for diplomatic security, told lawmakers she refused requests for more security in Benghazi, saying the department wanted to train Libyans to protect the consulate. ‘Yes, sir, I said personally I would not support it,’ she said.” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Slips On Libya, Syria, Auto Bailout,” The Associated Press, 10/11/12)

• “Eric Nordstrom, Who Was The Top Security Official In Libya Earlier This Year, Testified He Was Criticized For Seeking More Security.” “Eric Nordstrom, who was the top security official in Libya earlier this year, testified he was criticized for seeking more security. He said conversations he had with people in Washington led him to believe that it was ‘abundantly clear we were not going to get resources until the aftermath of an incident. How thin does the ice have to get before someone falls through?’” (Calvin Woodward, “FACT CHECK: Slips On Libya, Syria, Auto Bailout,” The Associated Press, 10/11/12)
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

In the Thursday night vice presidential debate, Vice President Joe Biden criticized Congressman Paul Ryan for voting to "put two wars"--those in Afghanistan and Iraq--"on a credit card." But as the Washington Free Beacon points out, Biden's suggestion that he didn't vote for those wars is simply false:
    “By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”
    “I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
    Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
    And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post.

the lies keep coming.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I was also amazed by VP Biden's insistence that Iran did not have a weapon to place a war head in. Didn't they test fire a long range missile in 2009? Anyway... regardless of that... Just how long do we think it would take til another country SELLS them one?? Probably right about the time they finish their enrichment.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I thought Biden was annoying as hell! Ryan has much more self control than I, as I would have blown my lid long before the debate was over. I could never be in politics as one unfortunately can never tell it like it is!
    Maybe you should run. It is becoming increasingly obvious that the country is going nowhere until we get some manufacturing jobs here. It means the "job creators" are going to have to act with a little more patriotism and create those jobs, here instead of in China. Not all of us are cut out to be bankers and traders. The US can't survive on a service economy alone. We need jobs that the common man can do, make on honest living, and form a stable tax base.

In the interim, we can't continue to spend like democrats and tax like republicans. We can't continue to yell at each other across a ditch and get anything done. We are in this boat together and both port and starboard are going to have to at some point start rowing together in a common direction.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-12-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    And Ryan did vote to cut funding for diplomatic security. Pot calling the kettle...
    During the hearings, the two State Dept officials were asked point blank if a lack of funds were the reason there was inadequate security and they said no. There were adequate funds.

It has also been brought up that a "green" event was held at Vienna's embassy. That $110,000 was spent for the Vienna embassy to have a charging station for 2 Volt cars given to the embassy by our government (we know who buys Volts, our government). It was a big celebration with champagne, etc. Did not say how much the "green" celebration cost to throw.

And yet... over in Benghazi... our security leaders were begging for security guards and the consulate in Benghazi did not meet security standards for its walls and buildings.

I thought they both pretty much sucked. Ryan sucked less with class. Joe had class as well. It was just low. The only thing Biden didn't do was stick his nose in the air like Obama.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post

I do not like that Ryan voted to cut funds for diplomatic security. At least he didn't lie.
    I'd like to see what was proposed. Often a bill comes up for vote with an identification on it that is packed with so much unrelated pork the title does not bear out the content. I'd like to be able to read what was proposed to increase or to cut "diplomatic security".

What I heard was... it was not at all about security personnel. It was about what the State Dept wants to spend or does spend on buildings and compounds. To make them safe? We'd like to see that. To make them plush resorts under the guise of "security"? No.

What was being cut and why? We need to know how the State Dept has spent its funds before we can make a judgment call on why there was that vote.

Helen

If Biden didnt know anything about the Libya attack he didnt know they asked for security why are we paying him to be VP ? Does he sit in a closet eating popcorn all day this is the most out of touch group of people I have ever seen No one KNOWS anything about anything! How are they running this country....we need LEADERSHIP NOT an empty chair 98 % of the time.

Biden is old gets confused he said the Pres talked with Netanyahu BEFORE the UN meeting even Jay Carney said Obama will call and did call AFTER the UN its a little thing but he still was wrong. I think he lied on almost evey word he said. You have to remember when you vote for obama if anything happens to him biden is who you get the VP does matter. I would trust Paul Ryan to be Pres over biden anyday.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-12-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    During the hearings, the two State Dept officials were asked point blank if a lack of funds were the reason there was inadequate security and they said no. There were adequate funds.

It has also been brought up that a "green" event was held at Vienna's embassy. That $110,000 was spent for the Vienna embassy to have a charging station for 2 Volt cars given to the embassy by our government (we know who buys Volts, our government). It was a big celebration with champagne, etc. Did not say how much the "green" celebration cost to throw.
    Interesting. Embassies and consulates often throw events to show case their countriy's wares. Been to a few myself. The Canadian consulate here throw some real dandies. Brie smothered in wild cranberries, all the Molson's, Royal Crown and Windsor you wished to tank up on. Got to talk hockey besides. Thank you Canada!
    Last edited by zeus3925; 10-12-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

This could be your next president he's a "heartbeat" away