The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

Can you imagine what would be said about Paul Ryan if he had treated joe the same way joe treated him?

another FACT
    Barack Obama's presidency has now coincided with four straight $1 trillion-plus annual budget deficits — the first in history and an issue in an election campaign that ends in Nov. 6.
    Obama's Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, contends that Obama failed to achieve a pledge to halve the deficit he inherited by the end of his first term.
    When Obama took office in January 2009, the Congressional Budget Office forecast that the deficit for that year would total $1.2 trillion. It ended up at a record $1.41 trillion.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    I was also amazed by VP Biden's insistence that Iran did not have a weapon to place a war head in. Didn't they test fire a long range missile in 2009? Anyway... regardless of that... Just how long do we think it would take til another country SELLS them one?? Probably right about the time they finish their enrichment.

This one blew my mind too. Didn't we deliver 2 nukes with a 1940's era plane?

Isn't a "suitcase" capable of delivering a nuke nowadays?

Does Iran have nuclear capability, but no planes or suitcases?

I thought the summaries each gave at the end were interesting. It was obvious Ryan was prepared. Biden looked as if his batteries (or meds) ran out and he wanted to go get a drink.

Don't know if it is true, but someone said Bidens tactics were Chicago/Boston old school debate style. Make all the facial gestures, laugh, whatever to get the other guy off his game and have the audience looking at you instead of the speaker. He might have accomplished that......but to his detriment.
    Tom Dorroh

I knew Biden looked familiar Biden and Walter

Separated at birth?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    This one blew my mind too. Didn't we deliver 2 nukes with a 1940's era plane?

Isn't a "suitcase" capable of delivering a nuke nowadays?

Does Iran have nuclear capability, but no planes or suitcases?

He did not make the claim that they didn't have a delivery system, he said that they didn't have a weapon to put it in. He is questioning their ability to build a bomb.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    I'd like to see what was proposed. Often a bill comes up for vote with an identification on it that is packed with so much unrelated pork the title does not bear out the content. I'd like to be able to read what was proposed to increase or to cut "diplomatic security".

What I heard was... it was not at all about security personnel. It was about what the State Dept wants to spend or does spend on buildings and compounds. To make them safe? We'd like to see that. To make them plush resorts under the guise of "security"? No.

What was being cut and why? We need to know how the State Dept has spent its funds before we can make a judgment call on why there was that vote.

Helen
    Bingo ! You hit the nail on the head ( more than once I might add ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He did not make the claim that they didn't have a delivery system, he said that they didn't have a weapon to put it in. He is questioning their ability to build a bomb.
    If they have acquired the technology to enrich uranium, they couldn't find someone to help them build a bomb?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

One of Biden's more obvious "whoppers" ... off by a whole LOT on the relative size of Libya v. Syria; off by a factor of 45? ... from Washington Free Beacon ...
    During Thursday’s vice presidential debate, Vice President Joe Biden claimed Syria is five times the size of Libya, but in reality it is not.

Syria has an area of 185,180 square kilometers, while Libya has an area of more than 1.7 million square kilometers, making Libya literally nine times larger than Syria, according to the Central Intelligence Agency.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!