The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I guess someone should fact check the fact check, which you evidently dod not check. Just for giggles, which budget was Biden talking about? the 2 budgets that the house has passed in the last 2 years or the budget under GWB? Or was he talking about Obama's budget proposal that was voted down in the senate 97-0 where not even a single democrat voted in favor? Or was it the other budget prosal Obama submitted that was not even voted on? Fact is Obama is to my knowledge the only President who has served a full term and not ever had a budget passed. Considering that he had a super majority in the Senate and a majority in the house and passed the stimulus, Obamacare and Dodd-Frank Finantial bill, he never took the time to see that a budget was passed.

Just so more of the HS that the dems via biden have put forth, and so much for your 'FACT CHECK"

Fact checkers are like ticks they are all over the place and they all lean left or right
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Most of the fact-checkers seem to be incomplete ... NBC, for example, only touched on a few items, and left many others unaddressed. Not to mention the fact that any $300 million cut in one of Ryan's budgets meant NOTHING, since such budget was never passed by the Senate. All D's rejecting Obama's most recent budget sent to Congress.

The battle cry is still that the R's are obstructionist. So how do they explain no Dems voting for Obama's budget?

More interesting to me was reading some of the comments ... presumably the comments are made by people who have read the article. Most of the comments indicate that those commenting don't give a RA for the major Biden's major blunders ... that Biden was outright lying about not having voted for the two wars.

It seems that extremes of either side reject any facts that interfere with their "rationalizations". It seems more rational for each side to acknowledge the bloopers of both sides, and then evaluate them. Of course, it's entirely possible that rational thought has no place in politics.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    .................................................. .......................................

It seems that extremes of either side reject any facts that interfere with their "rationalizations". It seems more rational for each side to acknowledge the bloopers of both sides, and then evaluate them. Of course, it's entirely possible that rational thought has no place in politics.
    I see emotional attachment by most people to their party/candidate of choice. Mostly it is very sad but sometimes it's funny. Blindly loyal to their pick most of the time.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Most of the fact-checkers seem to be incomplete ... NBC, for example, only touched on a few items, and left many others unaddressed. Not to mention the fact that any $300 million cut in one of Ryan's budgets meant NOTHING, since such budget was never passed by the Senate. All D's rejecting Obama's most recent budget sent to Congress.

The battle cry is still that the R's are obstructionist. So how do they explain no Dems voting for Obama's budget?

More interesting to me was reading some of the comments ... presumably the comments are made by people who have read the article. Most of the comments indicate that those commenting don't give a RA for the major Biden's major blunders ... that Biden was outright lying about not having voted for the two wars.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I see emotional attachment by most people to their party/candidate of choice. Mostly it is very sad but sometimes it's funny. Blindly loyal to their pick most of the time.
    Personally, I am not "emotionally attached" to a party or a candidate.

I am, however, "emotionally attached" to the America I grew up in, fought for and beleive in.

Only 1 of these 2 candidates has any idea what that is.

He has my vote.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

I am, however, "emotionally attached" to the America I grew up in, fought for and beleive in.

He has my vote.

Here, Here!!
    Bill Davis

He has my vote.
    BEST POST i have ever read in PP. he has my vote as well.
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze MH "Gussie"

He has my vote.
    Great Post.

Richard

personally, i am not "emotionally attached" to a party or a candidate.

I am, however, "emotionally attached" to the america i grew up in, fought for and beleive in.

He has my vote.
    the post of the year right there......well done RK
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

He has my vote.
    Nice post. 100% agree
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey