The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 11 - tonight's VP debate. WATCH IT !

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The rudeness was too much. Ryan won easy. Biden got his points in, but if anyone was scoring this thing Ryan won big.

Towards the end, Biden was even rude to Martha...
    I have to disagree. I think Biden won. I thought Biden made more good points than Ryan. I think he caught Ryan in contridictions. I also think he pushed Ryan for specific answers to questions that Ryan continued to sidestep and refused to answer. I don't think you can win if you avoid the questions.

However, I think Biden should have avoided the laughing. That was rude. I think Ryan's personality came off better. But, this isn't a personality contest (at least it shouldn't be).
    Last edited by Blackstone; 10-11-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I have to disagree. I think Biden won. I thought Biden made good points. I think he caught Ryan in contridictions. I also think he pushed Ryan for specific answers to questions that Ryan side stepped and refused to answer. I don't think you can win if you evade the questions.
    Somehow I'm not surprised
    Bill Davis

If you look at who yelled the loudest who was the rudest I would agree biden won if you look at the facts biden lost. I can post alot more from fact checker but whats the use Biden Lied or was confused for much of the whole 90 min.

BIDEN: "What we did is, we saved $716 billion and put it back, applied it to Medicare."
    THE FACTS: Contrary to Biden's assertion, not all the money cut from Medicare is going back into the program in some other way. The administration is cutting $716 billion over 10 years in Medicare payments to providers and using some of the money to improve benefits under the program. But most of the money is being used to expand health care coverage outside of Medicare.
    BIDEN, on whether U.S. should have beefed up security at the U.S. Consulate in Libya before the deadly terrorist attack there: "We weren't told they wanted more security there."RYAN: "There were requests for more security."
    THE FACTS: Ryan is right, judging by testimony from Obama administration officials at a congressional hearing this week.

BIDEN: "We went out and rescued General Motors."
    THE FACTS: Actually, the auto bailout of General Motors and Chrysler began under President George W. Bush. The Obama administration continued and expanded it.

BIDEN, when asked who would pay more taxes in Obama's second term: "People making a million dollars or more."
    THE FACTS: Obama's proposed tax increase reaches farther down the income ladder than millionaires. He wants to roll back Bush-era tax cuts for individuals making over $200,000 and couples making more than $250,000.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Somehow I'm not surprised
    The fact that he wouldn't answer the questions didn't bother you?

The fact that he wouldn't answer the questions didn't bother you?
    No more the the usual lies from Biden/Obama. The "specifics" question is a canard. The abortion thing was an attempted setup. same old same old.
    Bill Davis

The Repubs think Ryan won and the Dems think Biden won.

Ryan was more realistic regarding Medicare and the Repubs showed how much more dangerous they are regarding our policy in the mideast compared to the Dems. Ryan demonstrated that he is completely clueless about our current policy regarding Syria. Biden was clear about the Dems policy of not allowing Iran to have a nuclear bomb. Biden wants the Afgan army to take on more of the combat, Ryan is against the current reduction of US troops.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Only a fool would make an exact line in the sand statement.

Richard
    So, that means that cut is still on the table. The Romney tax reduction/deficit reduction plan cannot be accomplished with just the elimination of tax deductions an loopholes that are used exclusively by "wealthy" tax payers, despite what he says about "expanding the base." I think that is why he will not tell us where they plan to draw the line. The Obama campaign says they will not raise taxes on those that make less than $250k per year. I want to know where Romney draws the line.

So, that means that cut is still on the table. The Romney tax reduction/deficit reduction plan cannot be accomplished with just the elimination of tax deductions an loopholes that are used exclusively by "wealthy" tax payers, despite what he says about "expanding the base." I think that is why he will not tell us where they plan to draw the line. The Obama campaign says they will not raise taxes on those that make less than $250k per year. I want to know where Romney draws the line.

No you don't. You are not going to vote for him. It's a lib talking point.
    Bill Davis

The professor that obama said he relied on that told him the math didnt add up, has already admitted that he never told obama that and Romney does have a plan that will work the math does add up. He cant be to specific because Obama will steal any ideas they have.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

No more the the usual lies from Biden/Obama. The "specifics" question is a canard. The abortion thing was an attempted setup. same old same old.
    So, you're willing to trust that Romney is telling the truth, even though he won't tell you what his plan is? When did you get so trusting of politicians?