The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Guns Have Safeties

Default Why Guns Have Safeties

Keeping the safety on prevents one from shooting oneself in the foot. Why in the world would Romney choose now to make such a strong comment that can only cost him votes??!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ion/?hpt=hp_t2
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The fact that Planned Parenthood can take gubment money and then run political ads for or against a candidate is something I still don't quite get.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

He didn't say anything surprising. PP should not get one dime of taxpayer funds. Let them raise their own money from George Soros.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Keeping the safety on prevents one from shooting oneself in the foot. Why in the world would Romney choose now to make such a strong comment that can only cost him votes??!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ion/?hpt=hp_t2
    Because he is not interested in winning the female vote.

And, PP does not spend tax payer money on political campaignes nor on abortions! In fact, they save tax payers money by providing health screens prior to many illnesses becoming worse, thus costing tax payers. The abortion money is provided via private donations.

Th is is a big issue with women outside of RTF's POTUS Place and a losing issue for the Repubs.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Because he is not interested in winning the female vote.

And, PP does not spend tax payer money on political campaignes nor on abortions! In fact, they save tax payers money by providing health screens prior to many illnesses becoming worse, thus costing tax payers. The abortion money is provided via private donations.

Th is is a big issue with women outside of RTF's POTUS Place and a losing issue for the Repubs.
    That may be one of the dumbest things you have ever posted. Not interested in votes??? Right.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That may be one of the dumbest things you have ever posted. Not interested in votes??? Right.
    Over 80% of the women in this country support the right to an abortion. Taking such a stand against PP, an organization that provides needed medical services above and beyond abortion is part of the war against women. A war that does exsist within the Repub party and will cost them on election day! Maybe not in the deep south but certainly in the key swing states.

P S
    Talk about dumb, you still haven't stated how you would handle Foreign Policy in the mideast! All hat, no cattle?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

This is a big issue with women outside of RTF's POTUS Place and a losing issue for the Repubs.
    EXACTLY!! Why in the world make this comment NOW??!! He needs to take Newt's advice on this one. In some speech/lecture, Newt said that there are numerous issues for which the Republican position polls between 70% and 90%. Newt suggested that the smart candidate would stand by those issues and smile!! Abortion is not one of those issues and is in fact one of the third rail issues for the republicans!! Mitt should shut up on issues such as that.

I don't think it will cost him my vote or my wife's, but I guarantee he lost a bunch with that one statement. My wife used planned parenthood for her yearly checkups for about the whole time I was in grad school and that is where we got access to affordable birth control. It wasn't free, but was much less than going to one of the local doctors. Planned parenthood provides a very beneficial service for women who can't afford to go to someone in private practice and saves us ALL a ton of money.
    Last edited by HPL; 10-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    EXACTLY!! Why in the world make this comment NOW??!! He needs to take Newt's advice on this one. In some speech/lecture, Newt said that there are numerous issues for which the Republican position polls between 70% and 90%. Newt suggested that the smart candidate would stand by those issues and smile!! Abortion is not one of those issues and is in fact one of the third rail issues for the republicans!! Mitt should shut up on issues such as that.

I don't think it will cost him my vote or my wife's, but I guarantee he lost a bunch with that one statement. My wife used planned parenthood for her yearly checkups for about the whole time I was in grad school and that is where we got access to affordable birth control. It wasn't free, but was much less than going to one of the local doctors. Planned parenthood provides a very beneficial service for women who can't afford to go to someone in private practice and saves us ALL a ton of money.
    Too late now. The Dems will use it to mobilize women all across the country on election day. Mitt already had the deep south locked up so there was no need to continue appealing to that vote. What he needs most is support from women in swing states and this will work against him. Abortion is the biggest trust issue women have with the Repubs and having Ryan on the ticket didn't help with the female vote. Now, he is bring the issue into the forefront and that isn't a good thing for anyone wanting to win a national election!

Over 80% of the women in this country support the right to an abortion. Taking such a stand against PP, an organization that provides needed medical services above and beyond abortion is part of the war against women. A war that does exsist within the Repub party and will cost them on election day! Maybe not in the deep south but certainly in the key swing states.

P S
    Talk about dumb, you still haven't stated how you would handle Foreign Policy in the mideast! All hat, no cattle?

Where does this percentage figure come from? I do not see the same percentage.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

P S
    You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

If PPH does not use federal funds for abortion, then how is cutting their funnding effecting abortion?
    Stan b & Elvis