The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Guns Have Safeties

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Too late now. The Dems will use it to mobilize women all across the country on election day. Mitt already had the deep south locked up so there was no need to continue appealing to that vote. What he needs most is support from women in swing states and this will work against him. Abortion is the biggest trust issue women have with the Repubs and having Ryan on the ticket didn't help with the female vote. Now, he is bring the issue into the forefront and that isn't a good thing for anyone wanting to win a national election!
    My point exactly!!! Just want to say AAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGG (gnashing of teeth and rending of garments!!) Looked like we might have been on a roll
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    My point exactly!!! Just want to say AAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGG (gnashing of teeth and rending of garments!!) Looked like we might have been on a roll
    Again, what does federal funding for PPH have to do with abortions?

No federal dollars are spent on them.............so Franco says.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Where does this percentage figure come from? I do not see the same percentage.
    I'm wondering that as well. The last stat I saw was earlier this year and it was something like 41% are pro choice and 50% are pro life. (and no, I didn't get those numbers backwards)
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

so if I get $50 from Franco, an $35 from RK, and put it in my pocket.... I can go to the gas station and spend $25 on lotto tickets, and $60 on gas, but Franco didn't buy me Lotto tickets. Right? (just makin sure I got this)
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Here we go again with one of those disingenuous questions. This one, I'll try to answer: for many of those opposed to abortion, artificial birth control (which PP definitely and blessedly provides) is also an issue and, certainly some PP facilities do provide abortion services, so PP has become a symbol to both the RTL and RTC camps.

Personally, although I think that abortion is a terrible form of birth control, I am glad it is available to those too stupid or lazy to figure out how to EFFECTIVELY use contraceptives (not a demographic of which I really want to see more). For those of you who really loathe paying for all the little bastards born to folks on welfare, how many more of them do you think there would be without cheap access to birth control and even abortion.
    Last edited by HPL; 10-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

This is not even on the radar as far as issues go anyway. Economy, economy, national security, and econony.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This is not even on the radar as far as issues go anyway. Economy, economy, national security, and econony.

Hope you're correct. Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets over the next few days and how much traction results. There are already two articles on CNN.com including this one.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#...ion-stance.cnn
    Last edited by HPL; 10-11-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Hope you're correct. Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets over the next few days and how much traction results.
    They haven't mentioned it on Drudge... yet.
    Bill Davis

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

If PPH does not use federal funds for abortion, then how is cutting their funnding effecting abortion?
    Rmoney said he would defund PP, all of it. PP does everything from Breast Cancer screening to nutritional health for expecting mothers. Abortion funding comes from private donations!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Here we go again with one of those disingenuous questions.This one, I'll try to answer: for many of those opposed to abortion, artificial birth control (which PP definitely and blessedly provides) is also an issue and, certainly some PP facilities do provide abortion services, so PP has become a symbol to both the RTL and RTC camps.

Personally, although I think that abortion is a terrible form of birth control, I am glad it is available to those too stupid or lazy to figure out how to EFFECTIVELY use contraceptives (not a demographic of which I really want to see more). For those of you who really loathe paying for all the little bastards born to folks on welfare, how many more of them do you think there would be without cheap access to birth control and even abortion.
    There is nothing disengenuous about the question.
    Just because you don't like it does not make it so.
    You and Franco brought up the 80% of women that support abortion.
    I say that number is BS.

Your post is pretty sad, as you think abortion (the taking of life) is a viable solution to poor morals.

Who is disengenuous??

Do you or your wife know any women who have had abortions??
    If so, how do they feel about it today?
    Last edited by road kill; 10-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis