The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Bradshaw Tells it Like it IS!!!!!

  1. #11
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,632

    Default

    this YEAR Brees has attempted 52-49-36-54-45 pass attempts...at that rate he is projected to attempt 755 passes which would put him at 47.18 ATT/per game....

    I don't think that's what Sean Payton had in mind
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #12
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't think it was easy to break.
    I also (as stated) think the game has changed, a LOT!

    I think Brees is very good, I don't think I put him in the league with Starr, Unitas, Bradshaw, Favre and Montana yet.
    Longevity and titles seperate them.

    I also did not say anything on the Packers Saints thread because GB ain't nuthin' to write home about this year..........
    But Rodgers & Brees face the same dilemma, poor lines.

    They are the 2 best now, with some fine upcoming talent on their heels.

    BUT.....the GAME has CHANGED!!!

    I remember when Sonny Jurgenson passed for 300 yds, it was almost sacreligious!!!!
    Well, what do you know we agree on something, except I would take him over Bradshaw seven days a week! It has become a passing league per rules changes and if a QB can't tear up a D, they have no future in the league.

    Where is Bobby Douglas when you need him?

    P S

    I think you have to add P Manning and Brady to that list.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-12-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  3. #13
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    this YEAR Brees has attempted 52-49-36-54-45 pass attempts...at that rate he is projected to attempt 755 passes which would put him at 47.18 ATT/per game....

    I don't think that's what Sean Payton had in mind
    No, SP would never have it that way. Like I mentioned, they have been playing a lot of catch up this season. Losing Carl Nicks at Guard was a huge loss as they had the best Guard run blocking tandum. Many don't recognizes just how much the Saints run the ball because they run by committee. Pierre Thomas is an unsung hero in my book and the team would have never won a SB without him.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  4. #14
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, what do you know we agree on something, except I would take him over Bradshaw seven days a week! It has become a passing league per rules changes and if a QB can't tear up a D, they have no future in the league.

    Where is Bobby Douglas when you need him?
    HAHA...Bobby Douglas (didn't Abe Gibron coach him?).

    Roman Gabriel, Jim Hart, Don Meredith, Fran Tarkenton, Babe Parilli, Norm Snead, Billy Kilmer.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #15
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    [QUOTE=road kill;1021250]I remember when Sonny Jurgenson passed for 300 yds, it was almost sacreligious!!!![/QUOTE]


    Good lord,,,,,, you are old............................... And you are correct that it is a different game.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  6. #16
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    HAHA...Bobby Douglas (didn't Abe Gibron coach him?).

    Roman Gabriel, Jim Hart, Don Meredith, Fran Tarkenton, Babe Parilli, Norm Snead, Billy Kilmer.
    Not sure who coached Douglas for da Bears in the 70's. I do remember him leading the team in rushing for one season!

    I remember Billy Kilmer very well. After his auto accident which nearly crippled him, the 49ers placed him o the expansion draft. He was a gutsy as they came and clearly remember(I was in the stands at old Tulane Stadium) him throwing 12 completions to 17th round draft pick rookie Danny Abramowitz against the Steelers in the Saints win. It was poetic justice that he was on a SB winning team leading the Redskins.

    Kilmer was also in a record setting game in which 12 TD passes were thrown in a 1969 game against the St Louis Cardinals. Kilmer threw 6 and so did Charlie Johnson!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Brodie
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not sure who coached Douglas for da Bears in the 70's. I do remember him leading the team in rushing for one season!

    I remember Billy Kilmer very well. After his auto accident which nearly crippled him, the 49ers placed him o the expansion draft. He was a gutsy as they came and clearly remember(I was in the stands at old Tulane Stadium) him throwing 12 completions to 17th round draft pick rookie Danny Abramowitz against the Steelers in the Saints win. It was poetic justice that he was on a SB winning team leading the Redskins.
    John Brodie replaced him, I beleive.
    Jurgenson was the best I ever saw at laying the ball into the crease.
    (between LB's & secondary!!)

    I think he liked Budweiser too!

    You talk about Bradshaw being a poor player.
    He had Lynn Swann and Jon Stallworth along with FRANCO Harris, Frenchy Fuqua and Rocky Blier.
    That was a hell of a football tesam.
    Ham & Lambert (HOF's) both claim Russell was better than either one of them.
    Donnie Shell was such a great ST's player they made a spot in the Pro-Bowl for him.

    I love the Packers, but those Steeler teams in the 70's were BAMF's!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 10-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    It was Sam Snead, then Jurgensen, Kilmer, Theisman.

    Never said Bradshaw as not good but that he had a such a strong D at his back. If fact, it was Al Davis that told the Steelers owner to dump Terry Hanraity for Bradshaw. A suggestion he regretted all his life because they beat the Raiders in several Champ games under Bradshaw!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  9. #19
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It was Sam Snead, then Jurgensen, Kilmer, Theisman.

    Never said Bradshaw as not good but that he had a such a strong D at his back. If fact, it was Al Davis that told the Steelers owner to dump Terry Hanraity for Bradshaw. A suggestion he regretted all his life because they beat the Raiders in several Champ games under Bradshaw!
    Sam Snead was a golfer, Norm Snead was a QB.

    Who is Theisman????
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #20
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,763

    Default

    Golf, is that a sport?

    The little guy from Notre Dame!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •