The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Security at the Libyan Embassy in Benghazi

Default Security at the Libyan Embassy in Benghazi

Does any one else on this forum find it confusing that the unionista's & the progressives on this forum make big issue with those who offshore production while attempting to control costs yet give those who offshored the security at the embassy a virtual pass on the subject. Or are they not capable of equating the similarities?

Security was offshored to a Scot-Welsh company which in turn hired locals as the cost for a years security was a little over $300K or about the amount it would have required to keep one American there. I have issues with this:

1) Why would you hire people for security if you don't know if you can trust them?

2) Why should we be there if we can't afford to be?

There is something about this whole statesman thing that reeks of really bad BS .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

My question is why does our Pres VP and Hillary Clinton NOT know anything! whose running the country the clerks at the state Dept. The Pres is briefed EVERYDAY there is no reason he was not kept informed.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    My question is why does our Pres VP and Hillary Clinton NOT know anything! whose running the country the clerks at the state Dept. The Pres is briefed EVERYDAY there is no reason he was not kept informed.
    They all knew. It was filmed by a drone in addition to the cameras at the site. They are just trying to cover their own butts.
    Bill Davis

Either they knew or they are lying either way its Bad. I believe they knew now they just play dumb. Susan Lamb does not run the Country. This is a HUGE coverup and I hope we get it exposed quickly. We have NO leadership thats why we were hit on 9/11 and we will be again unless things change Biden has to stay locked in a room he didnt even go to the UN which is his job if the Pres doesn't not Hillary. He is totally incompetant. The whole group is a bunch of buffoons
    Last edited by gmhr1; 10-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

1) Same reason we pulled troops out of Iraq and replaced them with contractors; appearences.

2) We shouldn't be. We should be focusing on America first.
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

At the hearing Ms. Lamb was asked if she alone denied the security requests. She said no. She was asked who were her superiors who made the decision. She named them, but I missed the names. It seems to me that those two superiors should be questioned by the Oversight Committee as well.

The chain of command in the State Dept. goes higher... but how high? At some time protocols were established. At some time determinations were made as to how many security personnel was "enough". At some time it was decided that the host government was responsible for providing the bulk of the security. We need to know if the same rules apply to a "safe" country as they do to an "unsafe" country. As has been said, Paris had a contingent of marines. Benghazi did not.

Helen

Looks like Hillary is taking the fall for Obama ... from the Washington Times
    LIMA, Peru (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is taking responsibility for security at the U.S. consulate in Libya where an attack by extremists last month killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

Pushing back against Republican criticism of the Obama administration for its handling of the situation, Clinton said Monday in Lima, Peru, that security at all of America’s diplomatic missions abroad is her job, not that of the White House.
    In television interviews, Clinton said she is responsible for State Department security and “for the more than 60,000 people around the world.” She told Fox News that “the decisions about security are made by security professionals.” She also made similar comments to CNN about taking responsibility.

Read more: Clinton says consulate security her responsibility - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz29QUbG1Lv
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry,

I don't think Hillary is taking the fall for Obama. She's taking responsibiity for the security,,, non-security situation. She says the State Dept will be looking into their protocols to see what should have been done differently.

I think what they learned was, the US should not depend on hired locals nor the host government to provide security when the country and the government is influx and not secure. It was really a stupid, stupid part on the State Dept.

She did not take responsibility for the reason for the attack ("it was a spontaneous revolt based on a video"). She did say that when the caskets were brought home. She knew at that time that it was a terrorist attack, but I don't think she included that in her "the buck stops with me".

The big question is ... who sent the UN Ambassador out to 5 talk shows to spread the lie? Was it Hillary and the State Dept. or was it Obama?

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Looks like Hillary is taking the fall for Obama ... from the Washington Times
    Poor woman ! The men in her life are just plain old scum bags. Wonder if she thinks this will get her a step up in the party. Or is she just so attached to the party that she will do anything for the party.

Hiding behind a woman's skirt won't make us like those in power any better. In fact I would guess for the women who see this for what it is it may just change their vote. In places there is a "war on women". Can we all say "good ole boys club". I am not fond of Ms. Clinton but I'm not sure that this was her fault. She has guts .......... or something !!! Maybe she is smart like a fox.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Poor woman ! The men in her life are just plain old scum bags. Wonder if she thinks this will get her a step up in the party. Or is she just so attached to the party that she will do anything for the party.

Hiding behind a woman's skirt won't make us like those in power any better. In fact I would guess for the women who see this for what it is it may just change their vote. In places there is a "war on women". Can we all say "good ole boys club". I am not fond of Ms. Clinton but I'm not sure that this was her fault. She has guts .......... or something !!! Maybe she is smart like a fox.
    charly - are you aware that hillary was a trooper on the Goldwater campaign? IMO she has come down a long way - she don't have the looks to make it as a hooker so she is making money the next best way .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!