The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 262

Thread: Security at the Libyan Embassy in Benghazi

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    When did you become interested in politics?
    About 2 years ago.

  2. #242
    Senior Member Larry Thompson1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Floyd Va
    Posts
    451

    Default

    What changed things for you?
    Home To

    HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

  3. #243
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    7,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have seldom seen anyone pilloried like G. W. was and still is. You must have been asleep during the last ten years or so.

    I believe that the insanity about Obama is above and beyond anything I've seen in my lifetime, maybe excluding Nixon who clearly deserved what he got.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  4. #244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I believe that the insanity about Obama is above and beyond anything I've seen in my lifetime, maybe excluding Nixon who clearly deserved what he got.
    Buzz, I believe you are wearing a full set of blinders (a horse term). I truly do not understand how someone as intelligent as you can be all in for this POTUS .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #245
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    7,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Buzz, I believe you are wearing a full set of blinders (a horse term). I truly do not understand how someone as intelligent as you can be all in for this POTUS .

    Marvin, the phrase "all for" is a little strong.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  6. #246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Marvin, the phrase "all for" is a little strong.
    Given the atmosphere around DC about a book title & events surrounding it - you may be correct as to my choice of wording . BTAIM - I wasn't thunking along those lines .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    What changed things for you?
    I don't really know. I just started watching the news more closely and reading the newspaper more frequently. I now read the newspaper daily. I think it really got my attention when our governor started the whole collective bargaining fiasco. Coming from union roots, that kinda got me fired up.

  8. #248
    Senior Member Larry Thompson1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Floyd Va
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I don't really know. I just started watching the news more closely and reading the newspaper more frequently. I now read the newspaper daily. I think it really got my attention when our governor started the whole collective bargaining fiasco. Coming from union roots, that kinda got me fired up.
    I see it started with local polotics for you. Well I have always thought local politics where much more important to an individual than national. Things will continue to evolve for you. Be open minded to others ideas and asess whats good for you and then for others. Seek clarity and you will be alright. Good luck.
    Home To

    HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Thompson1 View Post
    I see it started with local polotics for you. Well I have always thought local politics where much more important to an individual than national. Things will continue to evolve for you. Be open minded to others ideas and asess whats good for you and then for others. Seek clarity and you will be alright. Good luck.
    I have been trying to sort through all of this stuff. I started coming here to possibly learn something. One thing that I have learned, this is a very tough crowd. I let things get personal early on and that has led to me being an outcast. I have strong opinions and beliefs. Sometimes my opinions are not fact based, just what I have heard. Some here attacked me and I returned fire that ultimately ended up with me taking a voluntary timeout, but would have been suspended either way. I have really tried not to get personal since my return, but I have alienated some here beyond the point of no return. Those people that I have alienated will never put any credence to anything I say because of my aggressive past. Don't get me wrong, I still get fired up at times, I just try not to make heated responses without thinking about it first. So if any of you that I have alienated, this is my feeble attempt at an apology. I can admit when I am wrong, although difficult, I have been wrong on many issues and my aggressive behavior.

  10. #250
    Senior Member Larry Thompson1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Floyd Va
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I have been trying to sort through all of this stuff. I started coming here to possibly learn something. One thing that I have learned, this is a very tough crowd. I let things get personal early on and that has led to me being an outcast. I have strong opinions and beliefs. Sometimes my opinions are not fact based, just what I have heard. Some here attacked me and I returned fire that ultimately ended up with me taking a voluntary timeout, but would have been suspended either way. I have really tried not to get personal since my return, but I have alienated some here beyond the point of no return. Those people that I have alienated will never put any credence to anything I say because of my aggressive past. Don't get me wrong, I still get fired up at times, I just try not to make heated responses without thinking about it first. So if any of you that I have alienated, this is my feeble attempt at an apology. I can admit when I am wrong, although difficult, I have been wrong on many issues and my aggressive behavior.
    Well said. I have faith you will figure things out. It will take some years, keep an open mind. Things take time.
    Home To

    HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •