The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 290

Thread: Security at the Libyan Embassy in Benghazi

  1. #121
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Gooser, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with the fact that the administration was responsible for providing additional security for Stevens. The disagreement is over the Fox fabricated story that additional security was instructed to Stand Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

    In regards to Iraq, I was all for securing the WMD's. But, as I wrote here on RTF back in 2003, I was totally against nation building. My disagreement was in our policy of rebuilding Iraq that cost us so dearly in life and treasure. We were trying to make the Iraqis something they didn't want to be. A huge failure of the Bush/Cheney administartion and a big reason why we are in 16 TRILLION in debt today. Not to mention that we distrupted the balance of power in that region.
    I don't agree with you on either point, so in order to maintain that order , I suggest we just agree to dis agree.

    i do want to say one thing though, if the admin had been doing their job,and upholding their oath, weight not be having this discussion of Benghazi. It might not have happened.who knows what would be the topic, if the -ambassador and staff had been evacuated days earlier?

    pro active or reactive policy I guess
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  2. #122
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Gooser, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with the fact that the administration was responsible for providing additional security for Stevens. The disagreement is over the Fox fabricated story that additional security was instructed to Stand Down.

    .
    Fabrication...is that what you are calling it now.....what do you call the story about the You Tube video starting the disturbance, that was originally floated by the WH and its talking heads and mouthpieces

    just trying to get an idea of your terminology first before responding any further
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  3. #123
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Fabrication...is that what you are calling it now.....what do you call the story about the You Tube video starting the disturbance, that was originally floated by the WH and its talking heads and mouthpieces

    just trying to get an idea of your terminology first before responding any further
    I think both stories are a bunch of crap!

    You need to stop the selective reading! I said early on this thread that I hold the administration responsible for security.

    Blaming it on a video was garbage and so is the exclusive Fox Report!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-31-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  4. #124
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,213

    Default

    Since Jdogger likes to Cut and paste..

    here is the Geneva convention sir:

    Summary of provisionsThe treaty is an extensive document, containing 53 articles. Following is a basic overview of its key provisions.[2] For a comprehensive enumeration of all articles, consult the original text.[3]

    • Article 9. The host nation may at any time and for any reason declare a particular member of the diplomatic staff to be persona non grata. The sending state must recall this person within a reasonable period of time, or otherwise this person may lose their diplomatic immunity.
    • Article 22. The premises of a diplomatic mission, such as an embassy, are inviolate and must not be entered by the host country except by permission of the head of the mission. Furthermore, the host country must protect the mission from intrusion or damage. The host country must never search the premises, nor seize its documents or property. Article 30 extends this provision to the private residence of the diplomats.
    • Article 27. The host country must permit and protect free communication between the diplomats of the mission and their home country. A diplomatic bag must never be opened even on suspicion of abuse. A diplomatic courier must never be arrested or detained.
    • Article 29. Diplomats must not be liable to any form of arrest or detention. They are immune from civil or criminal prosecution, though the sending country may waive this right under Article 32. Under Article 34, they are exempt from most taxes, and under Article 36 they are exempt from most customs duties.
    • Article 31.1c Actions not covered by diplomatic immunity: professional activity outside diplomat's official functions.
    • Article 37. The family members of a diplomat that are living in the host country enjoy most of the same protections as the diplomats themselves.





    You can spend the time and read my cut and paste:

    Ambassadors or counsels cannot be detained arrested or convicted by a Host country. ( idont think Ya cam kill em either)
    Their communications cannot be eliminated with their parent country either.. BOTH of which has happened..

    The President holds command of those embassies and thire Ambasadors.

    Quit cutting and pasting!!

    Dont be afraid to expound YOUR views,,, It dont hurt much!!

    Ya still didnt explain what you thought the difference or confusion over a Embassy or a Counsolate would make with this discussion,, nor did yoy address the Seal or Former seal.

    Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 10-31-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  5. #125
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Gooser, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with the fact that the administration was responsible for providing additional security for Stevens. The disagreement is over the Fox fabricated story that additional security was instructed to Stand Down.

    In regards to Iraq, I was all for securing the WMD's. But, as I wrote here on RTF back in 2003, I was totally against nation building. My disagreement was in our policy of rebuilding Iraq that cost us so dearly in life and treasure. We were trying to make the Iraqis something they didn't want to be. A huge failure of the Bush/Cheney administartion and a big reason why we are in 16 TRILLION in debt today. Not to mention that we distrupted the balance of power in that region.
    Where is your proof that it is a fabricated story? You and Sambo are going to enjoy the time your going to spend in the duck blind reminiscing about all your sorry football predictions, election predictions and news predictions.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  6. #126
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Where is your proof that it is a fabricated story? You and Sambo are going to enjoy the time your going to spend in the duck blind reminiscing about all your sorry football predictions, election predictions and news predictions.
    The fact that only a shoddy news organization like Fox would reported it is proof enough. Only the gullible fell for that sorry piece of journalism!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-31-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  7. #127
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The fact that only a shoddy news organization like Fox would reported it is proof enough. Only the gullible fell for that sorry piece of journalism!
    Again, why should I or anyone else believe you? You complain about Bill O, Hannity and Greta but they are not news reporters. Are you saying that the rest of Fox reporters are lying? If they are lying, why has no one been sued? Why is no one denying the report? Are you certain you are not from Port St Lucie?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  8. #128
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The fact that only a shoddy news organization like Fox would reported it is proof enough. Only the gullible fell for that sorry piece of journalism!
    But I thought you were a fan of the Fox Business Network...
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  9. #129
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Since Jdogger likes to Cut and paste..

    here is the Geneva convention sir:

    Summary of provisionsThe treaty is an extensive document, containing 53 articles. Following is a basic overview of its key provisions.[2] For a comprehensive enumeration of all articles, consult the original text.[3]

    • Article 9. The host nation may at any time and for any reason declare a particular member of the diplomatic staff to be persona non grata. The sending state must recall this person within a reasonable period of time, or otherwise this person may lose their diplomatic immunity.
    • Article 22. The premises of a diplomatic mission, such as an embassy, are inviolate and must not be entered by the host country except by permission of the head of the mission. Furthermore, the host country must protect the mission from intrusion or damage. The host country must never search the premises, nor seize its documents or property. Article 30 extends this provision to the private residence of the diplomats.
    • Article 27. The host country must permit and protect free communication between the diplomats of the mission and their home country. A diplomatic bag must never be opened even on suspicion of abuse. A diplomatic courier must never be arrested or detained.
    • Article 29. Diplomats must not be liable to any form of arrest or detention. They are immune from civil or criminal prosecution, though the sending country may waive this right under Article 32. Under Article 34, they are exempt from most taxes, and under Article 36 they are exempt from most customs duties.
    • Article 31.1c Actions not covered by diplomatic immunity: professional activity outside diplomat's official functions.
    • Article 37. The family members of a diplomat that are living in the host country enjoy most of the same protections as the diplomats themselves.





    You can spend the time and read my cut and paste:

    Ambassadors or counsels cannot be detained arrested or convicted by a Host country. ( idont think Ya cam kill em either)
    Their communications cannot be eliminated with their parent country either.. BOTH of which has happened..

    The President holds command of those embassies and thire Ambasadors.

    Quit cutting and pasting!!

    Dont be afraid to expound YOUR views,,, It dont hurt much!!

    Ya still didnt explain what you thought the difference or confusion over a Embassy or a Counsolate would make with this discussion,, nor did yoy address the Seal or Former seal.

    Gooser
    First, be accurate. It is not the Geneva convention it is; Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
    I have some time now to respond to you. I do not, unlike most here play on the internet at work, and I find my phone to be an imperfect platform.
    I did not copy and paste anything ala Bill S. I suggested that you inform yourself via google and then provided a link to a blog that the author made an arguement regarding soverignty of embassies and consulates, and provided substantiating links. Draw your own conclusions. As you previously stated we "are free to disagree". I seek to change no one's view.
    Has there been a "cover-up" on the events in Benghazi...I do not believe so. My opinion...and my opinion only. no one except those that were there knows what happened that night. Not me, not you, not Fox, nor anyone posting on the internet.
    As to former Navy Seals...they were just that...former seals acting as hired security in a dangerous capicity, once a seal always a seal...sure...but they were not under orders of the Commander-in-Chief
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #130
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    First, be accurate. It is not the Geneva convention it is; Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
    I have some time now to respond to you. I do not, unlike most here play on the internet at work, and I find my phone to be an imperfect platform.
    I did not copy and paste anything ala Bill S. I suggested that you inform yourself via google and then provided a link to a blog that the author made an arguement regarding soverignty of embassies and consulates, and provided substantiating links. Draw your own conclusions. As you previously stated we "are free to disagree". I seek to change no one's view.
    Has there been a "cover-up" on the events in Benghazi...I do not believe so. My opinion...and my opinion only. no one except those that were there knows what happened that night. Not me, not you, not Fox, nor anyone posting on the internet.
    As to former Navy Seals...they were just that...former seals acting as hired security in a dangerous capicity, once a seal always a seal...sure...but they were not under orders of the Commander-in-Chief
    JD
    Hugh, you might want to rethink that. If they were employed by the CIA they were under orders of the POTUS.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •