The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 290

Thread: Security at the Libyan Embassy in Benghazi

  1. #171
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Why, because they don't fabricated stories for the extreme right?
    Apparently they don't report all they know.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  2. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    For a third time...

    Believe what you want but, I'll take CBS's word over Fox News' seven days a week!
    I'll cite but one example....

    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-665727.html

    http://tinyurl.com/aq22phr

    CBS Ousts 4 For Bush Guard Story

    Four CBS News employees, including three executives, have been ousted for their role in preparing and reporting a disputed story about President Bush's National Guard service.

    The action was prompted by the report of an independent panel that concluded that CBS News failed to follow basic journalistic principles in the preparation and reporting of the piece. The panel also said CBS News had compounded that failure with a "rigid and blind" defense of the 60 Minutes Wednesday report.

    Asked to resign were Senior Vice President Betsy West, who supervised CBS News primetime programs; 60 Minutes Wednesday Executive Producer Josh Howard; and Howard's deputy, Senior Broadcast Producer Mary Murphy. The producer of the piece, Mary Mapes, was terminated.

    "We deeply regret the disservice this flawed 60 Minutes Wednesday report did to the American public, which has a right to count on CBS News for fairness and accuracy," said CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves.

    -more-
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

  3. #173
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I'll cite but one example....

    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-665727.html

    http://tinyurl.com/aq22phr

    CBS Ousts 4 For Bush Guard Story

    Four CBS News employees, including three executives, have been ousted for their role in preparing and reporting a disputed story about President Bush's National Guard service.

    The action was prompted by the report of an independent panel that concluded that CBS News failed to follow basic journalistic principles in the preparation and reporting of the piece. The panel also said CBS News had compounded that failure with a "rigid and blind" defense of the 60 Minutes Wednesday report.

    Asked to resign were Senior Vice President Betsy West, who supervised CBS News primetime programs; 60 Minutes Wednesday Executive Producer Josh Howard; and Howard's deputy, Senior Broadcast Producer Mary Murphy. The producer of the piece, Mary Mapes, was terminated.

    "We deeply regret the disservice this flawed 60 Minutes Wednesday report did to the American public, which has a right to count on CBS News for fairness and accuracy," said CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves.

    -more-
    Ouch... Truth hurts...
    Bill Davis

  4. #174
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    For a third time...

    From the same CBS Report...

    "Forces were positioned after the fact but not much good to those that needed it," the military source told CBS News

    Believe what you want but, I'll take CBS's word over Fox News' seven days a week!
    Doesn't THIS guy work for CBS????
    Did HE get fired????



    Killian Documents regards..............


    Game Set & Match.....road kill!!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 11-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #175
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I'll cite but one example....

    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-665727.html

    http://tinyurl.com/aq22phr

    CBS Ousts 4 For Bush Guard Story

    Four CBS News employees, including three executives, have been ousted for their role in preparing and reporting a disputed story about President Bush's National Guard service.

    The action was prompted by the report of an independent panel that concluded that CBS News failed to follow basic journalistic principles in the preparation and reporting of the piece. The panel also said CBS News had compounded that failure with a "rigid and blind" defense of the 60 Minutes Wednesday report.

    Asked to resign were Senior Vice President Betsy West, who supervised CBS News primetime programs; 60 Minutes Wednesday Executive Producer Josh Howard; and Howard's deputy, Senior Broadcast Producer Mary Murphy. The producer of the piece, Mary Mapes, was terminated.

    "We deeply regret the disservice this flawed 60 Minutes Wednesday report did to the American public, which has a right to count on CBS News for fairness and accuracy," said CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves.

    -more-
    No news operation is perfect. At least CBS fired those involved. Fox did boot Beck out but, this current faux story regarding "stand down" has been disputed by just about very media except the the ones that cater to the far right. Including news sources that do not offer opinions!

    The topic is about the Fox News "stand down" story. Should we drag up all the false news stories in the past by Fox, Briebart, NBC etc?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  6. #176
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    No news operation is perfect. At least CBS fired those involved. Fox did boot Beck out but, this current faux story regarding "stand down" has been disputed by just about very media except the the ones that cater to the far right. Including news sources that do not offer opinions!

    The topic is about the Fox News "stand down" story. Should we drag up all the false news stories in the past by Fox, Briebart, NBC etc?
    Let the wiggling begin.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  7. #177
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    This is all such a friggin waste of time!

    We are all convinced what we want to believe..

    The only voice you have is to get out and VOTE!!

    Gettin in a yellin match with Gooser,, Franco,, GMHR1,, Jdogger,, is a huge waste of stale air..

    Grow up!!! Realise its either gonna be a Republican or a Democrate in the white house.
    Pick the constituancy that Fits your beleifs best,, and VOTE. for one or the other.

    Its so very clear..

    Do you believe in limited government,, or do you believe in growing government?

    Do you support Unions and collective barganing?,, or do you believe in Private enterprise and competition?

    Do you have a strong belief in the Costitution and the second ammendment,, or do you believe that ammendment has to have strict ,oppresive, controlls?


    These are just a few points where the 2 different parts constituencies differ clearly, as night and day...

    Its seems so easy to make a decision and vote...

    This Banter about ALL NEWS AGENCIES,, that have become Editorial entertainment programs,, is just a HUGE waste of time.....

    VOTE!!!!


    Its the Only TRUE Way Gooser has of Stickin it to the Left!!,, and they cant do anything about it..

    Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 11-02-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  8. #178
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Let the wiggling begin.
    Ain't no wigglin'. Fox aired a bogus piece on "stand down" period!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  9. #179
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    This is all such a friggin waste of time!

    We are all convinced what we want to believe..

    The only voice you have is to get out and VOTE!!

    Gettin in a yellin match with Gooser,, Franco,, GMHR1,, Jdogger,, is a huge waste of stale air..

    Gooser
    What is so ridiculous about RTF is the close mindedness. Each side assumes that the other is wrong because they just want them to be.

    Take this topic for instance. From the beginning I have been shaking my head because the other side figures that there are secrets being kept to protect Obama. How about maybe the truth not getting out IMMEDIATELY to protect classified sources??? I just read an interesting article this morning. From the article:

    In the first days after the attack, various administration officials linked the Benghazi incident to the simultaneous protests around the Muslim world over an American-made film that ridiculed Islam's Prophet Muhammad. Only later did they publicly attribute it to militants, possibly linked to al-Qaida, and acknowledged it was distinct from the film protests. The changing explanations have led to suspicions that the administration didn't want to acknowledge a terror attack on U.S. personnel so close to the Nov. 6 election, a charge Obama has strongly denied.

    On Thursday, intelligence officials said they had early information that the attackers had ties to al-Qaida-linked groups but did not make it public immediately because it was based on classified intelligence. And they said the early public comments about the attack and its genesis were cautious and limited, as they routinely are in such incidents.
    http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...1/US.US.Libya/

    Rmoney and Faux try to play the worst kind of politics with a tragedy, and a big part of the population is susceptible to it because they suffer from Obama Derangement Syndrome.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  10. #180
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    The President, Clinton and Gen Petraeus sat in the situation room in the WH watching in realtime the whole attack for 7+ hours and no help came so thats a BIG problem.
    I agree all we can do is vote. Greata had Senators on last night that said no matter who wins this will not go away they will get to the truth.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 11-02-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •