The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Security at the Libyan Embassy in Benghazi

I really believe the stink over Benghazi will only get worse as time goes on. It's getting more and more strange as additional information comes available. I'm sure by now most of you have read or heard that the deceased Navy Seals at Benghazi used a laser pointer to pin point the terrorists for U.S. aircraft. NO Navy Seal in their right mind would ever do that if there were no U.S. aircraft over the Benghazi Consulate. It's beginning to look as if there were AC130 gunships over the Consulate but for some reason they did not fire on the insurgents. There is also information out there about four star General Ham being fired as part of the cover up. If he does, he may spill the beans. Too bad the messiah doesn't have the cohones to come clean to the American people. Eventually some career government individual will in fact set the record straight.

gman, yes, I read those reports as well. A Navy admiral and Marine general also have been re-assigned, almost simultaneously with Ham.

There are two rumors proposed for why the WH didn't want to bail out the ambassador. One is that it was a plan to kidnap Stevens, and then trade him for the blind sheik. Somehow, that plan went awry and Stevens got killed instead of kidnapped. The second rumor was that it revolved around arms being transferred to Syrian insurgents, which may have included some Stinger missiles, and Assad got wind of it, and "taking out" the ambassador was his revenge.

In either scenario, the speculation is that the administration didn't want any witnesses. But there WERE witnesses, as there is mention of "injured" who were eventually evacuated. However, if they were all Libyan survivors, I doubt we'll ever hear of them again. The information was that Woods took two people with him from the CIA annex; one of whom was Doherty. If Woods or Doherty had survived, I would doubt that we'd have to speculate much. Woods' father seems very determined to get at the truth.

If either of those two scenarios (a failed kidnapping or arms running) were true, and had come to light, it would not have looked good for Obama's administration. As it turns out, the way the Benghazi situation evolved, it's probably going to be just as detrimental to the administration as either of the other two speculated scenarios.

Then there was mention of a meeting of Panetta, Biden and Obama around 6 pm at the WH ... which would have been about two hours after the attack began on the Benghazi mission. Would they have been meeting about something else? Could the attack have been going on for two hours, and Panetta still had no information? This would destroy Biden's whole story about "we didn't know."

Panetta made a statement about not putting assets in harms way without having accurate intel. Is this an admission that Panetta actually knew something was going on? Or was it carefully worded to make it sound like a "generalization"? If truly no one in DC knew what was going on, then God help us if somebody launches a larger attack somewhere. It would take 7 hours to mobilize? (It was mentioned that it took 7 hours before relief came to Benghazi to remove the dead and injured.) Even two hours could be life or death results.

I can't believe that Petraeus didn't have some of this information, before he publicly supported the video story. What a sordid end to what had been a heralded military career. I bet McChrystal is glad he got out when we did.

It seems, though, that the media "blackout" on the whole mess is doing a good cover for Obama. That may even be for their own benefit ... it won't look good for their blind loyalty if they had to admit this POTUS snookered them, along with everyone else. However, this will eventually come out, and it they will look even worse for ignoring it all.

Makes me wonder who is Obama's "Deep Throat" ... who is releasing these damning details? Someone who has a shred of conscience left? Based on the military detail, it sure seems like it's someone in the inner circles of intel, military, or CIA. With the original "Deep Throat", his identity wasn't revealed until he died.

Also interesting is that the media haven't even listened to Woodward, "one of their own" so to speak. Have to give Woodward some credit for being as objective about this POTUS as he was about Nixon's double-dealing.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There are now leaks that Panetta and Obama watched this happen in the "situation room."

Only Obama can approve military action, that is the chain of command.
    Panetta could have given the order, but only Obama can say yeah or nay!!

These folks who died that day in that embassy gave every ounce of their hearts and souls for America, and when they called for help, Obama turned his back!!!
    Ladies and gentleman, this man does not deserve to be President of the United States, a country proud and known to take care of our own.

I have NEVER been more ASHAMED to be an American than right now!!
    What a disgrace...........

Can you Obama supporters spin this for me?????

ps: to those BRAVE HERO SEALS that gave it all for America and saved as many as they could, God Bless You SAILORS!!!! WELL DONE!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 10-29-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Makes me wonder who is Obama's "Deep Throat" ... who is releasing these damning details? Someone who has a shred of conscience left? Based on the military detail, it sure seems like it's someone in the inner circles of intel, military, or CIA..
    I was pondering this very thing just now while on the telephone.
    Who could it be. Secretary of State's husband? hhmmm?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    There are now leaks that Panetta and Obama watched this happen in the "situation room."

and "They" say Hillary did request additional security.
    has she finaly had enough?
    Hell hath no fury . . and all
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Fox News has just reported new information has surfaced saying Obama was in a briefing 48 Hours after the attack. What I don't understand how someone can still be involved in a presidential race after telling so many bald faced lies. What really bothers me is the ignorance of the American public allowing this clown to pull the wool over their eyes. I really hope enough of them come to their senses before November 6. If he's doing this now can you imagine what he will do in a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

I have NEVER been more ASHAMED to be an American than right now!!
    What a disgrace...........

We have indeed come full circle

Michelle Obama is proud to be an American, & Roadkill is Ashamed to be an American

I am still curious as to why Fox News got the supposed scoop. If I had some really news worthy intel, I would leak it to one of the major networks and not to a cable outlet with a questionable reputation. Lets face it, the owner of Fox News is in a lot of trouble regarding ethics in England and thier news channel here does not have a reputation for being accurate. Probably why most other news outlets have barely touched that story other than Yahoo, which gave credit to Fox News.

In fact, why not realease that information to all the media? And again, why only Fox?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

could it have been leaked to all... and only 1 ran with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    could it have been leaked to all... and only 1 ran with it?
    Possibly. And, if it did then the story's sources didn't pass the smell test. That's because all news outlets are hungry for big juicy stories. Doesn't matter who gets destroyed by the info except for NBC, MSNBC(because of the amount of govermnet contracts that the administration is giving to NBC parent company, General Electric.

ABC, CBS, even CNN would have been all over this story like a cheap suit if the story was leaked to all media and the sources checked out to be solid. Also, consider that none of the media wants to or is willing to give Fox any credit for the story if it is true. Too much hate for the competition is all News media. That is why I don't understand why this story wasn't leaked to a bigger News outlet like CBS or all the media at once so they wouldn't have to credit Fox in thier coverage. Something is fishy with this leak.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-29-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.