The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Boy CEO

Default Bumper Boy CEO

Anyone know the name of the CEO at Bumper Boy? I'm so disgusted by their customer service that I'm gonna send a letter right to the top. It probably won't make a difference, but at least I know I said something.

Their customer service is absolutely horribl!!!. They take a ton of criticism on all of the forums, and it still doesn't make a difference. I've tried calling and sending emails to get a return authorization number for a repair, only to get no responses.

I know they don't open until 8a PST, and so I'll call right at 11a EST, and I immediately get the voicemail that says that they are experiencing higher then normal call volume. What a crock that is!

What really torques me is that I've caught them directly in lies on multiple occasions. That goof ball, Reed, has lied to me and I've caught him on more then one occasion.
    JoKen's Sir Lucas Bartholomew - "Lucas"
    Tallmadge's Miss Eloise Lucia JH - "Ellie"
    HR Tallmadge's Spirit of Light SH - "Boggs"

BootsOnGuideService.com...Putting fowl in your face with their "Boots On."

Hi there Chad,

Unfortunately, I was out of the office myself until today with a perforated ulcer that left me unavailable for a few days. I know that I did have Reed call you as I had my emails still come to me but you said that you didn't want him to help you but rather myself. Unfortunately, I don't handle much of the Bumper Boy sales and service calls anymore, and Reed is our only customer service representative so it does take a bit longer to get back to you when it has to be myself; due to illness or otherwise. I did try calling you this morning and I left a voicemail on your phone. My direct extension is 221 when you're in the call line, so that will go directly to my desk phone.

Hope we speak soon.

Yellow dog, you are not the only one as I am sure you know. I have not had to call back luckily, but when I was calling I got the same thing. Hopefully you can get some resolution soon.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Bumper Boys are a great concept with poor electronics. Good luck to ya!!

They should drop the electronics and produce units that work with tri tronics or dogtra and I bet their sales would go up. Of course this is just my opinion.

I also have been waiting for well over a year. I have no idea how Reed can come to work everyday and know that his top priority is to assure complaining customers that their upgrade is "scheduled to arrive in the next 2-3 weeks". I guess someone should have checked with the manufacturer and make sure they could produce the product in a timely matter. I wonder if the "higher then normal call volume" would stop if they you step up to the plate and get something done. If nothing else hire about 10 more customer service people to keep up with the complaints. Hopefully they did not pay the manufacturing company in advance

I have never had any major problems with my 2 derby doubles. I have replaced the batteries in both by myself. Today when changing the battery in the
    transmitter i broke off the female connector that is connected to the mother board.. Should I send it back to BB to get fixed or take it to a local
    radio control club? This is one of the first models that came with the duck quacking sounds. black rectangular transmitter type.
    any adivce is appreciated.
    Bo Hanson

Bullpen's Hammerin HomeRun King 755 (Hank)
    Bullpen's Say It Ain't So Joe JH (Josie)

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? "-John Wooden

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."-Henry Ford

I have dealt with BB over the last nine years and have had good service. My BB units work and I like them.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

X2 here.

Usually if you get the recording that they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" if you wait, they answer quicker than a lot of companies...

The units do take some thinking when you put them out, when there's a problem I find that it's usually something I've forgotten.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

My gut says dont send it back to BB. But now that I think about it I am probably not qualified to answer the question due to the fact I still havent received anything to send back! STILL waiting for my upgrade......about 1.5 years now!