The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Potus vs. Main Page

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Concerning your initial post, Ken, I'm in the same ballpark as Marvin. Most of the threads on the main page are being answered by others that don't need my views on the subject. I've argued my views on the various hunt test programs, and find I'm just beating a tack with a 25# mallet after a while. Every now and then, a "newbie" comes along with a unique situation, and after reading what the others have proffered for advice, but haven't hit upon what I would have mentioned, I might make a suggestion, but it's just another point of view.

While I would concur with the astute Chiropractor that the Forum has changed from when we began meeting around the tailgate, it's doubtful we can get that back...too many have passed on from that crowd, so the atmosphere has changed considerably. Agree with you Russ, that we never passed up the opportunity to jump on a thread that was just too amusing (ie "Seating a duck"), and regardless of how demeaning it may have gotten for some of the posters, there wasn't any animosity or accusations about getting rid of any particular poster. Certainly MG was the blunt of many a thread from us jokesters...but it wasn't made out to be mean spirited, although it was far from being 'Politically Correct'.

As to not seeing any threads or posts from Yardley, whom I personally enjoyed debating, I believe he was far too intelligent to continue along the Democrat path because it was way more baggage than he cared to excuse any longer. I have no doubt he has been a good Democrat willing to carry the water for the party, but, like me, discovered the party has left him...I just saw it happening during the Carter era. It's my suspicion also that he was no longer willing to be lumped in with the likes of Roger and those that were of that blind sheeple-like thinking. And while he wasn't finding much he might have agreed on with Bush (as many of us Bush supporters also found to be not to our liking), he couldn't side with all the "Bush Haters & Blamers". He espoused primary Democrat principles, from a bygone time.

UB

I's only gonna say this one last time!

I AM NOT GAY!!!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I think technically what happens when someone leaves is they fling the ball down stomp off and the ball stays here. Then the rest of us just pick it up and keep playing and no I don't give a rats ass about who was right or wrong. BTW it is Chris's ball.
    Best post on the subject!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I's only gonna say this one last time!

I AM NOT GAY!!!!

Gooser

where did that come from? Who implied that you were and even if, so what who cares....anybody can tell that you are not....you are just eccentric
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

A joke Mr. Mallari, from a long time ago,, when the front page board was just a ton of Fun!!

I miss Shayne!!

I miss Uncle Bills ribbin of me!!

He made my HRC HT attendance just a gass!!

Gooser

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Wait!!

What does eccentric mean??

I'm Rapublican!!,
    (Actaually more libertarian,, or really a constitutionalist,, really,,, but I go to and Anglican church,, and marrried a devout catholic.)

Gooser

Gooser

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Back in the day RTFers pretty much self moderated because the members would call out a dumbass and either the dumbass shaped up or left. Then something happened, "some" blame it on RTF bringing in sponsors, others blame having different "mods". Maybe it's just that there are so many more people frequenting the site that the intimacy is gone and the self moderating ability with it. I don't know but I do know it's much different than it was and not near as much fun.
    This post should be a sticky!

I can remember my Baptism by fire ....

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"