The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Potus vs. Main Page

Back in the day RTFers pretty much self moderated because the members would call out a dumbass and either the dumbass shaped up or left. Then something happened, "some" blame it on RTF bringing in sponsors, others blame having different "mods". Maybe it's just that there are so many more people frequenting the site that the intimacy is gone and the self moderating ability with it. I don't know but I do know it's much different than it was and not near as much fun.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I'm not a follower of Capt's or of Lardy, but many on the forum apparently feel that Capt made a real contribution to the site.
    Me neither, but have read many of their posts. Anyone that just wants to "take their ball and go home" when the stuff hits the fan generally is telling you a little something about themselves. We had a doc here that used to do that regularly... some would beg him to come back... (usually, that's what they are looking for) In my opinion, if someone wants to pick up and go... adios.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Me neither, but have read many of their posts. Anyone that just wants to "take their ball and go home" when the stuff hits the fan generally is telling you a little something about themselves. We had a doc here that used to do that regularly... some would beg him to come back... (usually, that's what they are looking for) In my opinion, if someone wants to pick up and go... adios.
    Good post in several areas.

I do miss Jeff though he could give as good as he got.

On the op I think people on Potus come here to look for a certain amount of confrontation while the main page isn't nearly as controversial therefore less confrontation should be permitted. If I remember correctly the reason for Potus was before the election it was totally taking over the main page and there was a clear need for a new page.
    Last edited by duk4me; 10-16-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: address op
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Since this is not a political thread per se I will come out of my self imposed POTUS non poster status. While I enjoyed the debate here I felt it would never change anyone's mind so I gave up. As for the main board its not as much fun as it used to be. I rarely find anything interesting to learn about. All the good juicy gossip and drama in the FT world has moved to Facebook. No good battles about judging, QAA or rules committees. In short all the color has gone and PC / vanilla on the main board have taken over. I also hang out on a few other forums and 1 is like the wild west and even have a smiley that flips you the bird. I enjoy that forum much more these days and notice a lot of the old time posters hardly post anymore either.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Back in the day RTFers pretty much self moderated because the members would call out a dumbass and either the dumbass shaped up or left. Then something happened, "some" blame it on RTF bringing in sponsors, others blame having different "mods". Maybe it's just that there are so many more people frequenting the site that the intimacy is gone and the self moderating ability with it. I don't know but I do know it's much different than it was and not near as much fun.

X2...........
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Since this is not a political thread per se I will come out of my self imposed POTUS non poster status. While I enjoyed the debate here I felt it would never change anyone's mind so I gave up. As for the main board its not as much fun as it used to be. I rarely find anything interesting to learn about. All the good juicy gossip and drama in the FT world has moved to Facebook. No good battles about judging, QAA or rules committees. In short all the color has gone and PC / vanilla on the main board have taken over. I also hang out on a few other forums and 1 is like the wild west and even have a smiley that flips you the bird. I enjoy that forum much more these days and notice a lot of the old time posters hardly post anymore either.
    we could use that!
    Bill Davis

You guys are a bunch of RIGHT WING AS>HOL>S but I would throw birds for you and be glad for your dog when he wins!

But back to politics....Romney hunted two marks in the 1st series, got called back, had excellent land blind, and should get through the water blind, but unless Obama fails the 4th series Obama wins. Blinds don't win field trials...marking does and Romney's marking aint that good.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You guys are a bunch of RIGHT WING AS>HOL>S but I would throw birds for you and be glad for your dog when he wins!

But back to politics....Romney hunted two marks in the 1st series, got called back, had excellent land blind, and should get through the water blind, but unless Obama fails the 4th series Obama wins. Blinds don't win field trials...marking does and Romney's marking aint that good.
    What are you talking about? Obama no-goed... They called it confusion... Then he popped.... dropped.
    Bill Davis

Nationals is in Ohio this year, and Obama has no handles going into the 10th

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Nationals is in Ohio this year, and Obama has no handles going into the 10th
    Based on the last four series (years) he's not qualified this year.
    Bill Davis